Everyone Ready For The Rapture?

maybe that's why I had that panic attack in bed last night?

the fact that we're all doomed and not just me I find incredibly uplifting and reassuring

when these events come and go without incident, what do those preaching say about it?

They discover a 'mistake' in the maths and re-calculate. The chap who's banging on about the this time, predicted 1994 in the first place:lol:

the only time I genuinely believed something might go wrong was in the days leading up to Jan 1 2000. The whole Y2K thing was either hyped out of all proportion for cunning commercial reasons (a lot of IT contractors I knew made a killing) OR it didn't happen because they did their jobs well. Either way it was a massive anticlimax and I needn't have built that nuclear bunker in the garden after all.

On an Armageddon note - this book is absolutely fascinating.

Disclaimer => it doesn't evangelise about armageddon. :lol:

It takes a close look at ancient Mayan philosophies and backs them up with scientific, sociological and economic theories.

What makes it great is that it's written by a range of people from academics, skeptics, scientists, shamans, mathematicians and philosophers. Highly recommended. 8)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mystery-201...6741/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1305814148&sr=8-5

the only time I genuinely believed something might go wrong was in the days leading up to Jan 1 2000. The whole Y2K thing was either hyped out of all proportion for cunning commercial reasons (a lot of IT contractors I knew made a killing) OR it didn't happen because they did their jobs well. Either way it was a massive anticlimax and I needn't have built that nuclear bunker in the garden after all.

Guilty:D

It was sooo pleasurable scaring the living day-lights out of senior managers on the back of some flaky half baked risk/ impact analysis on the effects of y2k. Downside was a HUUGE glut of it contractors on the market on 2nd Jan 2001 leading to hourly rate implosion to McDonalds level:x

Back