Eurovision

Morbyd

So, the big event gets underway tonight with the semifinals. A friend just offered me a ticket but I think I'll skip it.

I apparently missed a huge opening party over the weekend. Waiting for a full report from another mate.

Anyone following the drama this year?

I feel like I should pay more attention since it's happening nearby. At the very least, I'll probably attend an after-party or two :lol:

Not impressed with the song, but the kid certainly has a chance.

He could pull votes from the Nordic and Slavic nations, given his Belarusian and Norwegian background.

Oh good lord!

Is this come around already? I'm quite looking forward to Graham Norton's take on the whole ridiculous epidode! The UK's entry is woeful once again... would be very well suited to a disney film.

... I'll probably attend an after-party or two ...
a friend is sponsoring a pre-party at a new place called forbesclub !
(plan is to fly in with a helicopter together with jana r. ...)
do you have any info about that club, can´t find anything useful @ google.

ps:
very retarded (or is there more behind ??) to name it FORBESclub -
especially because the head of the russiun forbes-magazine
was shot some years ago in moscow ...

That Greek entry is hilarious and uber camp Euro-pop! You are right about it having a good chance. I'll be expecting to be dancing away to that one in Ibiza this year... Honestly.

a friend is sponsoring a pre-party at a new place called forbesclub !
(plan is to fly in with a helicopter together with jana r. ...)
do you have any info about that club, can´t find anything useful @ google.

ps:
very retarded (or is there more behind ??) to name it FORBESclub -
especially because the head of the russiun forbes-magazine
was shot some years ago in moscow ...
Is that the Turkish After Party on Saturday?

I'm friendly with the publisher and editor-in-chief of Russian Forbes. They are not amused. I think the naming rights holders, Forbes in the US, are looking at a lawsuit.

Although I see little problem with the fact that the previous editor was killed. It was a long time ago. Plus, I think it was related to his books not his work with Forbes.

They used the name, quite obviously, to give it an upscale image. It's actually quite beautiful inside...the WCs are THE BEST I have ever seen in a nightclub. There are something like 20 rooms of about 8 sq m, each with two toilets :!:

Its sooooooooooooo euro-pop alright!

Expect it to be pumping at La Troya then.

You can get 7 to 1 in the bookies on it to win.

Both the English and Irish entries are Krap. Expect both to give each other a vote though!

Not that the Irish all girl goth band will make it to the Final!

That Greek entry is hilarious and uber camp Euro-pop! You are right about it having a good chance. I'll be expecting to be dancing away to that one in Ibiza this year... Honestly.
But has a dance tune won the competition since the heady days of Dana International's Viva la Diva? (an instant classic, by the way). I think ballads and novelty acts have a better chance.

icebaer69 said:
... pre-party ...
Oops. Ya, sorry. I'll keep my eye out for it, but haven't heard of anything yet.

I think the Irish entry should have been Bewitched! Now I would have been rushing to the phone to register my vote!

The Irish were better last year when they took the pish out of the whole thing. They demean themselves by attempting to enter a respectable song.

I think the Irish entry should have been Bewitched! Now I would have been rushing to the phone to register my vote!

The Irish were better last year when they took the pish out of the whole thing. They demean themselves by attempting to enter a respectable song.

I think that Ireland were trying to make a statement by entering the Turkey last year.

The Eurovison it not about the writing quality of the song anymore, its more about the performance. Glitz, Glamour and entertainment over substance.

Most of the Irish winning entries were well written serious music and that type of song has no chance anymore, unless its accompanied by the Moscow state Ballet company or a Steven Spielberg special effects unit.

absolute load of bollocks ruined by tactical voting since we allowed all those pikey baltic states into europe!!

we could have Led Zeppelin doing Stairway to Heaven as the UK entry but we would get "nil point" and lose to some pair of croatian goat milkers singing "goat cheese, goat cheese shabba dabba dooby bop"

JJ - A little bitter? :lol:
Hate to have to point it out to you, but the Baltic states are GEOGRAPHICALLY in Europe! :lol:
(unlike Israel :!: )

Ulster - nope... no such fun. We've just got American Idol :lol:

JJ - A little bitter? :lol:
Hate to have to point it out to you, but the Baltic states are GEOGRAPHICALLY in Europe! :lol:
(unlike Israel :!: )

Ulster - nope... no such fun. We've just got American Idol :lol:

yeah, with Israel, its like in the footy........they wont play nice so therefore their neighbours wont play with them!! ;)

absolute load of bollocks ruined by tactical voting since we allowed all those pikey baltic states into europe!!

we could have Led Zeppelin doing Stairway to Heaven as the UK entry but we would get "nil point" and lose to some pair of croatian goat milkers singing "goat cheese, goat cheese shabba dabba dooby bop"

:):)

What do you guys think? Tix going for 5000 rubles for nosebleed section right now (~100 pounds)

Is it worth the trouble?

I think its worth it. It's 'probably' a one-off in Moscow for the foreseeable future and it is an institution in itself. Go to it with an open mind and a flag of choice! :D

Back