Eurovision

dunno how many rubles/$$$ were thrown in a process of making the whole thing happen but i must say it's one of the most impressive eurovision-productions ever made...
i saw the 1st semi finals and the atmosphere and the whole thing was like it was olympic games or smth like that...

don't care about songs or the whole contest but the production was DOPE! :)

I think I'm going to try to get in to the official "EuroDom" tomorrow. A friend says she can get me in... the question lies in whether I'd have to go solo or could bring my entourage :lol:

But do let me know if your friend comes back online! Thanks!

I'm taping it this year for the olds. ....................... That brunette chick from Tatou... PWAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! Is she single by some chance? The red head one I don't like.. Infact she annoys me

Its all over the news now......

Violent clashes between police and Gay rights marchers in Moscow this morning!

Forgive me, but I am not too familiar with this Eurovision contest (well, saw a brief mention of it on Nightline last night and it was the first time I've heard of it)........who judges this compeition? Does each country appoint a judge? Is it just a one night show, or goes on over several days? What is the final prize - just bragging rights that your country can sing the best?

Ya. it's funny. I read the Guardian article which talked of "violent clashes" but then saw the video from BBC and Russia Today and it was really quite tame.

However, they did arrest the 30-40 people that showed up, including the British campaigner Peter Tatchell.

Another black mark on Moscow's human rights record, but not surprising given the mayor :confused:

Forgive me, but I am not too familiar with this Eurovision contest (well, saw a brief mention of it on Nightline last night and it was the first time I've heard of it)........who judges this compeition? Does each country appoint a judge? Is it just a one night show, or goes on over several days? What is the final prize - just bragging rights that your country can sing the best?
You're up early :) Or very late! ;)

It's basically one big American Idol type competition, but each artist represents a country. There is a semifinal round (2 nights of concerts) and viewers from each country can vote via phone and text for 10 finalists from each semifinal (well, 9 from viewer votes and 1 from the official judges). The 4 biggest viewing countries and the hosts get a bye straight into the final. So the final is 25 acts altogether.

The songs are almost always full of cheese and the stage productions quite elaborate, so it's a very popular event among the gays :) When the voting starts, viewers' votes from each country are tallied and then the totals are used to determine how many points each country gives to each performer (except a country can't vote for its own representative). There's a lot of strategic voting going on too... Balkan nations supporting each other, Eastern Europeans & Baltics, former Soviet countries... the last few winners have been from Israel, Turkey, Ukraine, Greece and Russia, if memory serves.

It's in Moscow this year because Russian singer Dima Bilan won last year.

You're up early :) Or very late! ;)

It's basically one big American Idol type competition, but each artist represents a country. There is a semifinal round (2 nights of concerts) and viewers from each country can vote via phone and text for 10 finalists from each semifinal (well, 9 from viewer votes and 1 from the official judges). The 4 biggest viewing countries and the hosts get a bye straight into the final. So the final is 25 acts altogether.

The songs are almost always full of cheese and the stage productions quite elaborate, so it's a very popular event among the gays :) When the voting starts, viewers' votes from each country are tallied and then the totals are used to determine how many points each country gives to each performer (except a country can't vote for its own representative). There's a lot of strategic voting going on too... Balkan nations supporting each other, Eastern Europeans & Baltics, former Soviet countries... the last few winners have been from Israel, Turkey, Ukraine, Greece and Russia, if memory serves.

It's in Moscow this year because Russian singer Dima Bilan won last year.

Very cool, thanks for the good explanation! Sounds like as big of a deal if not bigger than American Idol! Maybe I can catch some of it on the internet somewhere....yeah, the thing I saw on TV was about how the Russian government doesn't like gay people.

Yeah, I'm up early today - off to the gym shortly. I've got to get in shape for Ibiza - I gained 10 lbs. after coming back last year. Not cool! :eek: LOL

Right Im off down to the Bookies to place my bets on the Eurovision.

4/1 Israel to Finish last.

Iceland 8's and Estonia 25's without Norway and Greece.

Norway to win (2's earlier this week)

My top 6

Norway

Greece

Turkey

Estonia

Iceland

Azerbiajan

omg ... beginning of the show was great with dima bilan ...
... but now all those ****ing retarded crap songs suck badly ...

...waiting for dvt:
2zxsbjn.jpg

1zfsu46.jpg

zstnc4.jpg

(spiegel)

Right Im off down to the Bookies to place my bets on the Eurovision.

4/1 Israel to Finish last.

Iceland 8's and Estonia 25's without Norway and Greece.

Norway to win (2's earlier this week)

My top 6

Norway

Greece

Turkey

Estonia

Iceland

Azerbiajan

WOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!

MY hols in IBIZA are paid for thanks to Norway and Iceland!

I ****ing love hot euro chicks.

I wish Italy would get back into Eurovision. Then I'd have a country to follow.

I don't think Spain, even tho a major country should have made it through, that song seemed so, bad.

I thought Germany's was very unique and good.

So, in the end, I decided not to go to the concert. Kind of wish I had now as one very skeptical friend of mine who went said he had a blast.

Instead, I watched it on TV from the comfort of a chair in Rai nightclub, with drink service and a snack of sushi :lol:

I'm not sure if it was the "best Eurovision ever" as I've heard some commentators claim, but the Russians really did produce a great show! Production values were over-the-top. I especially loved the Argentines flailing around in airborne swimming pools at the end :lol:

And Alsou as host 8) I've always had a soft spot for the Russian-Tatar singer. Beautiful.

Norway - deserved winners. Iceland and Azerbaijan also deserved of their finishes. I thought Jade from the UK put on a stellar performance but her song was mediocre. I found myself strangely enjoying the Bosnian and Danish songs. Ukraine was just funny.

All week long, the organizers turned the Manezh - a historic former horse stables turned exhibition center just outside the walls of the Kremlin - into what they called Evrodom (EuroHouse), with bars, cafes, press center, VIP areas, etc. They've been holiding parties there every night for all of the visting artists, crew, staff, etc.

Thanks to a friend, I was able to blag my way into the afterparty. Again, as with the show itself, no expense spared as the place was done up right. Plus, thanks to one of their sponsors, FREE BEER :D :lol:

I spoke to someone from the British delegation (attending the afterparty in a kilt, no less :lol:) and he was very pleased with the top-5 finish after several years of sitting at the bottom of the table!

... But do let me know if your friend comes back ...
ok ... he had lost his mobile probably in taxi
(in this hummer-taxi with "big taxi" written on it)
but he didn´t get it back til now.

he had fotoshooting and dinner with dima bilan, girls from tatu, miss russia etc
in a place called turandotpalace ... friday he went to bilan´s eurovision-party
in club famous (not forbes) ...

Ah yes... Bilan had a party at Famous on Friday, but not for Eurovision. It was the presentation of a new song or album. Famous is a horrible club, although the girls dancing in the fountain on top of the main bar are somewhat entertaining (as well as the girls in super-large wine glasses a la Pacha)

Turandot is an insane restaurant. They spent millions on the faux royal palace interior, and it is gorgeous, but the "colonial-era Chinese" cuisine is average food at extreme prices. The project was so ambitious it got written up in the UK's Financial Times when it opened.

I saw the semi final (re)stream on Youtube when I got home from work last night.

Anybody watching this? I saw the 2019 finals with my boys when my wife was attending the Defected opening. Its not quality, but cheese can be entertaining at times. A bit of a random assortment of dramatized mediocrity. BTW, I dont watch American Idol or anything like that. I have all I can take with about 2-3 nights of this.

Back