Eurovision

ix5nxe.jpg

... the german contribution ...
some clown singing some crab (in english !) :

... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feKOA4Rs3vE

... ok, it sucks more than a sucker can suck ...

... but at least dita v.t. will make an appearance :)

316qet4.jpg

You bunch of gays! Prattling on about Eurovision! :lol:

Someone tell me - why is DVT going to be there? Have I missed something?

Just switched on the semi-final (completely by accident you must understand) and the production values are amazing! :eek:

It's clearly an honour like having the olympics isn't it? :lol:

In fact if our opening ceremony is a patch on that then I'll eat my hat.

Just switched on the semi-final (completely by accident you must understand) and the production values are amazing! :eek:

It's clearly an honour like having the olympics isn't it? :lol:

In fact if our opening ceremony is a patch on that then I'll eat my hat.
The Russians pull out all the stops for events like this.
They love to show that they can do things just as well anyone else :lol:
Most recent previous example that comes to mind was the Champions League final last year. Very well organized.

The Russians pull out all the stops for events like this.
They love to show that they can do things just as well anyone else :lol:
Most recent previous example that comes to mind was the Champions League final last year. Very well organized.

Well they should leave the "Show Business" to the Americans who do it best.

The Singing Troops and General were all obviously miming and the whole thing came across as amateurish.

The male Presenter was awful......he couldn't keep his hands off his model co-presenter and his lame jokes belonged to a children's programme.

The set was stunning as was the camera work.

The male Presenter was awful......he couldn't keep his hands off his model co-presenter and his lame jokes belonged to a children's programme.
The model = supermodel Natalia Vodianova.

I've met her a couple of times. Absolutely gorgeous. She was discovered while working at a roadside fruit & veg stand in Nizhny Novgorod, or so the story goes. Now married to some uberrich British gentry. *sighs*

The model = supermodel Natalia Vodianova.

I've met her a couple of times. Absolutely gorgeous. She was discovered while working at a roadside fruit & veg stand in Nizhny Novgorod, or so the story goes. Now married to some uberrich British gentry. *sighs*

On 1 September 2002 in Saint Petersburg, Russia, Vodianova married The Honourable Justin Tremor Berkeley Portman, a British real estate heir and half-brother of the 10th Viscount Portman

He sounds like a real catch.....:lol::lol::lol:

On 1 September 2002 in Saint Petersburg, Russia, Vodianova married The Honourable Justin Tremor Berkeley Portman, a British real estate heir and half-brother of the 10th Viscount Portman

He sounds like a real catch.....:lol::lol::lol:
Ya... word is he's filthy rich. Apparently she was pregnant and he wasn't initially going to marry her and she said "fine, no problem, but I'm not going to deny that this is your kid." So they went ahead and are now genuinely in love, 2 more kids later. Ah, those modern fairy tales. Met him once too... seemed like a decent guy.

Looks like we have established one half of the presenting team...

Who is the other Rodney then??

Seems that the gays are having a hard time of it in Moscow!

This comes up as a gay parade planned for Saturday afternoon here in Moscow has been forbidden. Moscow’s mayor has said that a gay parade has never – and will never take place in Moscow. The homosexual organisations are however planning to go through with the parade, allowed or not, and is hoping for support among the foreigners visiting the city in relation to the Eurovision Song Contest. In a country like Russia such things has before resulted in the police using force to stop the illegal demonstrations and should the same thing happen with the demonstration on Saturday the final might very well be without the Netherlands should the country have qualified. Toppers are saying that should the demonstration end in any form of violence they will not go on stage that evening

I would have thought that Big Russian Policemen using force will Just encourage more of them to march!

Thats what you get when you use a big Pink Tank on stage as a prop during the Interval act!

I love the Eurovision for all the Drama it serves up in Bucketloads!

I would worry less about the policemen, although they're dangerous enough, than I would worry about the violent skinheads and ultra-religious orthodox babushkas! They tend to show up with various projectiles at any attempt to hold a gay parade.

Moscow's not the least gay-friendly place on earth, but there is a vocal minority and they're the ones with authority and weapons. :confused:

Seems that the gays are having a hard time of it in Moscow! ...
Moscow’s mayor has said that a gay parade has never –
and will never take place in Moscow ...
the eurovision song contest is in moscow this year because of a gay guy -
last years winner dima bilan !

the eurovision song contest is in moscow this year because of a gay guy -
last years winner dima bilan !
Ya, but he's very much in the closet. Could even be straight, really, although I doubt it.

Evgeny Plushenko, the figure skater who performed on stage with Bilan at Eurovision, is also thought to be gay although I don't think he's "out" either.

Back