European Festivals

Were you going Amigo?

Na. I would usually do Glastonbury and couldn’t make it this year. But Houghton and Love International are the two others I would really like to do one year. Gutted for Craig Richards and everyone involved or who were on their way. Hopefully they can recover for 2020 but it’ll be tough I’m sure.

The worrying thing regarding Houghton, is that it's very much an industry festival. It's also done for the love and not for the bucks. Those two factors, coupled with this only being year three is not good news.
You would hope that Richards' has enough clout in the business that no agents would try being too pedantic about cancellation fees.

Yeah it’ll be tough to come back from depending on how the fall out is dealt with. Huge loss in revenue regarding traders etc. They had developed it sensibly over the two years and feedback always seemed great from attendees so year three was shaping up to be the best yet. You can see the ripple effect something like this has and on a larger scale, the cancellation of Boardmasters this week too. 55k people and an estimated £45m loss in trade for the town of Newquay. Whether they’re able to come back remains to be seen given that they’re having to deal with cancelling huge bands and their outstanding fees as opposed to (hopefully) Craig Richard’s standing in his particular side of the industry. Good luck to all. A joyous business when the weather’s on everyone’s side but an absolute head melt if it turns. Awful.

No way! I knew a few folk going from London. Was invited & would've gone myself were it not for this godawful trip to America.

Aah well, at least weatherall festie to look fwd to!

People saying they're probably insured for 'acts of god' (bad weather) but they'll have lost money. And the insurance will pay for suppliers costs but not for profits that would pay for next year. Real shame.

I just returned from Defected Croatia and it was absolutely amazing. The crowd was totally sound, music on point, boat parties, afters at Barbarellas. It was all just incredible
Great to hear you liked barbarellas. The best summer venue I've been to in ages

After last years cancellation thanks to eurowings(missed connect festival) flybe have announced they have moved my flight to dusseldorf to the 20th sept (night flight) instead of 21st (morning flight) and have delayed my return flight by an hour.

1hr.20 in the air is all it is. I been to Oz twice in a year and had less problems. Frustrating

Just waking up after STRAFWERK festival in the Netherlands. The name is dutch for punishment at school btw. Festival has been going for seven years now and just had to move to a new location in Amsterdam. It's a one day festival. Last years line up was really strong with Solomun, Maceo Plex and Kolsch but they actually managed to do another huge line up this year.

Started of at the main stage to witness a little bit of Hot Since 82, but I don't really see what's so special about him. Fine to warm up with. Wandered around a bit, had some food, visited some other stages, saw a bit of Magit Cacoon and Recondite live.
Then back to main stage for Kolsch. Love the guy, he gives the crowd energy and seems to be having so much fun during his set. Really energetic. Tried to go to Adriatique but the stage was set up really invoncenient so there was a huge line to even reach that part of the festival ground. Just saw Adriatique a month ago in a really small venue with a great vibe and crowd so decided to stay with Kolsch. After Kolsch...the guys I had on my wishlist for a long time: Martinez Brothers. And they delivered! Superb set and I went nuts when they played the In the Closet edit from their Space Jamz album :) Now after Martinez Brothers the plan was to go to Tale of Us, but again...massive queues and we were having too much fun with the people around us at that moment. Pan-Pot played a nice closing set so we danced for two more hours at the main stage.

If you find yourself in Amsterdam in august next year, look at the Strafwerk line up by then. They are top notch for two years in a row now and the festival ground and facilities are good (besides the small passage to the stage Tale of Us and Adriatique were playing, that needs improving).

Back