European Festivals

Just came back from Elrow Island. Wow what a journey. Four days, three nights of non stop partying, hardly got any sleep.
People that were joking that this was gonna be fire festival 2.0 (not here per se, saw it on social media multiple times)....the joke's on you!
This was a superb organized event on Obonjan Island, Croatia.
From the moment you set foot on the boat the experience started. Elrow characters like pirates and tour guides, music, drinks...good fun.
And then when we arrived at the island, the music on the boat stopped because you could already hear the beats coming from the island.
Five stages in total, one in the port/beach area where people could dance all day....one at the pool for afterparties or music during breakfast, lunch and diner (good food!!) and three main stages: The Sunset stage, Nowmads Amfitheater and a Psychedelic Forest stage.
Best set surprisingly came from Eats Everything b2b Arielle Free, a disco / house classic sunset set where people where near the end people were literally crying tears of joy. Marco Carola b2b Paco Osuna from 8am to 10am in the morning...Jamie Jones definitely rocked it too....Jaguar was cool. Lots of good music, diversity too, not just tech-house but everything from disco to techno. The already beautiful island was amazingly decorated at every corner. No doubt I'll do this again if they repeat this in 2022.

Never felt a worse hangover though... 🤣

Just came back from Elrow Island. Wow what a journey. Four days, three nights of non stop partying, hardly got any sleep.
People that were joking that this was gonna be fire festival 2.0 (not here per se, saw it on social media multiple times)....the joke's on you!
From the moment you set foot on the boat the experience started. Elrow characters like pirates and tour guides, music, drinks...good fun.
And then when we arrived at the island, the music on the boat stopped because you could already hear the beats coming from the island.
Five stages in total, one in the port/beach area where people could dance all day....one at the pool for afterparties or music during breakfast, lunch and diner (good food!!) and three main stages: The Sunset stage, Nowmads Amfitheater and a Psychedelic Forest stage.
Best set surprisingly came from Eats Everything b2b Arielle Free, a disco / house classic sunset set where people where near the end people were literally crying tears of joy. Marco Carola b2b Paco Osuna from 8am to 10am in the morning...Jamie Jones definitely rocked it too....Jaguar was cool. Lots of good music, diversity too, not just tech-house but everything from disco to techno. The already beautiful island was amazingly decorated at every corner. No doubt I'll do this again if they repeat this in 2022.

nice review, glad you had a good time.

how busy was it overall? it looked cool on socials what I saw, but I do have to say it did not look very 'big' or very busy?

nice review, glad you had a good time.

how busy was it overall? it looked cool on socials what I saw, but I do have to say it did not look very 'big' or very busy?

Well...it was advertised as an event for 830 people and sold out.
But I must agree, at the stages sometimes it felt like only half of those visitors came out their tents/lodges to party. The island is small and the stages were intimate but still there was lots of space to dance. I did hear during the closing night lots of people were just too tired to party again and ran out of their "recharge supplies" very quickly. Perhaps it would have been better not to have Jamie Jones, Marco Carola and Paco Osuna all play on the first night (and go on until 10 am!!) but bookers gotta work around schedules too off course. The first night felt like nearly everyone was there until 5.00 / 6.00 am at least...second and third night were indeed less crowded.

I like to idea of this Elrow island it is a damn good idea for those who don't want to go somewhere and it be over crowded.

Not sure how id feel about having to practically participate in four days of party's though.

I like to idea of this Elrow island it is a damn good idea for those who don't want to go somewhere and it be over crowded.

Not sure how id feel about having to practically participate in four days of party's though.
I decided to treat it like a marathon, where I saw people taking a sprint during the first night already.
Also it's not like Ibiza where you can just easily call your contact and arrange some additional supplies...
Getting there should be easier next year though (if they repeat it). This year was vaccination / test to get in Croatia plus additional antigen test to get on the boat to the island.

Timewarp pre-sales tickets this week...going to get my hands on them when released

Hope they release line up soon!

Only one stage though! If Marco Carola there can't nip to the other room while he is on🤣

Elrow Town Amsterdam and Mystic garden festival Amsterdam both got the green light, taking place next week.
ADE can go ahead too but with adjustments...75% capacity indoor and nothing can take place from 00:00 till 06:00 so some events will take place, some will be cancelled.

ElrowTown festival Amsterdam was really good with surprisingly good weather for the end of September.
The organization did not want to take the risk though, since all stages were covered (huge tents and especially the main stage was incredibly decorated). It's imaginable because it's now just 3 days later and horrible weather but I always like at least one big outdoor main stage.

Strangely I can't really complain about this festival season. Some small scale events in the beginning, then Solomun in Antwerp, Elrow Island Croatia, Elrow Town Amsterdam and now some great ADE events coming up...this has been an amazing few months after such a long time watching livestreams...

Strangely I can't really complain about this festival season.
Same over here... after a late start End of June I had open airs and festivals all two weeks... more then I did in the past years...
Now with the indoor clubs coming back... the last 3 month will be crazy as well... 2021 turned out just fine, after all.

All I miss is the usual 2 weeks of IBIZA big name clubbing...

Very safe and boring lineup thats missing the 2 time warp marathon djs( Hawtin and Garnier).

The continental lineups have been really disappointing lately. UK has had the best ones.

Very safe and boring lineup thats missing the 2 time warp marathon djs( Hawtin and Garnier).

The continental lineups have been really disappointing lately. UK has had the best ones.

I get what you say but given they only do a one stage thing for this edition it was clear we won't get any marathon sets from anyone.
april next year it is.

I get what you say but given they only do a one stage thing for this edition it was clear we won't get any marathon sets from anyone.
april next year it is.
Wasnt expecting a marathon set but the Djs who played them(Garnier or hawtin)

Think we can agree its a very safe boring lineup, not worth the effort of the trip.

also, especially for garnier and hawtin (for both of them), anything less than 4hrs is just not a proper set by them!

I don't actually agree re boring. some of my fave DJs are on there, adriatique, dixon and janson are right up my street.
I like those djs but it doesnt make the lineup exciting though does it? Very pedestrian lineup for a travel intensive trip. Wouldve liked one wildcard DJ. Seth troxler? ffs

Back