Erick Morillo

Yeah, probably still the best in the UK. Thats definately to do with the guy who designed it,although i dont know how much they've changed it over the years...his name eludes me right now though.

A lot of the time its not down to the actual speakers used as many of the high end ones will sound as good as each other. Its more to do with the box/enclosure that the speaker is in - size/construction/material etc and the accoustics of the room, Positioning/number/range of speakers.

Obviosuly you've got to have quality all through the system to the speakers as well, from well looked after and serviced 1210's with quality styli/cartridges, through a good mixer (does MOS still use the Urei 1620?) to top sound processors, into top amps, independant for different frequencies etc. The cabling makes a huge differnece as well, and making sure it is not near power cables or sources of interference.

:D

Home had a phazon didnt it? As did Twilo and Cream. -Cream have switched to JBL speakers and use Denon (unless they've changed it again). - The last update I noticed was the upgrade to 1210 mk3.

Sankeys uses a phazon, I think they actually got theirs from home! -Not sure tho.

Godskitchen's was the most techologically advanced in the uk when it was built.

I love the system in the annexe at nation, the courtyard was the best but since they've changed it its not as crisp.

I REALLY wanna check out ministry now! Its just the travelling to london!

cookie said:
N8 are you a sound engineer by any chance?

No, i dont really know that much, just into my home hi-fi and have talked to a lot of DJs/promoters/sound engineers and picked up the basics as i described above..........

nish said:
Home had a phazon didnt it? As did Twilo and Cream. -Cream have switched to JBL speakers and use Denon (unless they've changed it again). - The last update I noticed was the upgrade to 1210 mk3.

Sankeys uses a phazon, I think they actually got theirs from home! -Not sure tho.

Godskitchen's was the most techologically advanced in the uk when it was built.

I love the system in the annexe at nation, the courtyard was the best but since they've changed it its not as crisp.

I REALLY wanna check out ministry now! Its just the travelling to london!

I have heard that Sankeys have the system from Home and heard that they have the system from Twilo!!! Not sure if either story is true......

Back