Erick Morillo

I play house some if it is funky some if it is a bit more deep
I buy my stuff from the funky section, the tribal section and, the techno or tech house section. I don't bother with the progressive section much as I find most of it a bit dull.
At the moment i only play the odd thing here and there as I travel with work so i'm not always here to do a residency.
I usually do one off parties or cover for DJ's if they are off sick or on holiday e.t.c

Call me a snotty little slaaag, but dont think id ever goto Society. Garlands is attracting to much of the wrong crowd as well I think- sayin that Ive not been since the old one burnt down.

Jenny Frost is SO FREAKIN HOT :p

Yes Jenny is pretty lovely, she was really nice as well when i was talking to her. I actually didnt know who she was at all until my mates started waving at me madly from accross the balcony.....so i went to see what was up and they told me who she was :rolleyes:

Nish - No offence (u said it ;) ) but the snotty little slag tag fitted quite well a lot of the Socity clientle, it was quite a stuck up/aloof lot on the balcony but a more friendly crowd on the dancefloor.

When i've been Garlands, i've noticed that the crowd has changed a bit on Saturdays, a few more big groups of lads (non-gay) than before. I think this resulted from Garlands getting more media exposure from their Ibiza parties last year. Sundays at Garlands are still the best, two hours of proper madness :D Then onto the Gee Bar!

I like garlands but i havn't been since it shut
I hope to get there this summer
G bar is cool have stayed many a night till daylight there.

Yep, G bar is wicked,i'll look out for you next time i'm there Dfunky :D

The new Garlands club isnt really as good, the main room is too big and the sound system dosnt sound very good. The atmosphere is still great though :D

nish said:
London eh, that sound system at Fabric as good as they say?

The sound system at Fabric is wicked, was there on sunday night in fact :D
Still prefer the system at ministry tho

Didnt know the ministry one was any good- still aint been!

I watched some program bout the engineering on Fabric's system, was quality- they put speakers in the floor apparently so it properly shakes ur body! :)

I've heard about those speakers in the floor at fabric. Have been there loads and still havent noticed any body shaking experiences :eek:
The sound system in the box at MOS is AMAZING

nish said:
Didnt know the ministry one was any good- still aint been!

The sound system at Ministry is best in the country. My little ears normally are ringing for a wk afterwards :eek: :p

[/quote]

The sound system at Ministry is best in the country. My little ears normally are ringing for a wk afterwards :eek: :p[/quote]

OMG Barbie your ears must be ringing permanently :eek:

cookie said:
OMG Barbie your ears must be ringing permanently :eek:

WHAT????!!!!! :p

Actually that was bit of exaggeration cos my ears don't tend to ring but my b/friend gets it really bad, altho I do sometimes wonder if it's just a cunning ploy to ignore me after a nights clubbing lol :p

If a system leaves your ears ringing its not a good system, or the sound engineer hasnt got the levels right. A good system should be loud but clear and leave you able to have a conversation still without shouting.

Whenever i've heard the system in the Box at Ministry it has sounded very very good. The only ones that have come close in the UK were Home when it was open, Fabric, Code when they get the levels right which is not often these days and they have fcuked/damaged speakers and mixers/sound processors by not having the levels right (too high, DJs need to learn that when all the red lights are flashng its too high!) on many occasions.

One of the best systems i've ever heard in a smaller club was in a place called Player in Northampton. Everyone who has heard it and knows what they are on about (a lot of top DJs included) has commented on how good it was. Unfortunately it has closed down now.

The thing with a very good system is that it has got to be designed for a specific club, a la Home,Twillo, MOS,Fabric. Obviously this costs a lot so many clubs go for a generic system from people like JBL,Peavey,L accoustic audio etc. This will sound ok but not as good as a custom system.

The system needs to be adjusted throughout the night as well, when the room is full it needs to be setup very differently from when it is half empty or you end up with sound bouncing off walls etc.

The system in Eden is meant to be one of the best in Spain, so they say but i've never heard it set up well. The system that Space brought in to the main room last year for Sundays and Carl Cox was pretty damn good considering it wasnt designed for the cluband was basically a 'mobile disco'.

You sounds pretty clued up on this stuff N8, you'll have to give us the low down on the ministry sound system on saturday, I still reckon it's the best I've heard.

Back