ElRow

Elrow London turned out to be a lot of fun. Site, security, toilets, etc. all well-organised and minimal queues. Plenty of elaborate staging and props which I mostly didn't notice, I suppose it's not so obtrusive outside of a club or I was too spangled to pay any mind, either way added a bit of colour without getting in the way.

Surprisingly good crowd, no aggro that I saw, no roided up posers, far fewer cameras than I expected.

Sound was average for a festival, sets were forgettable - Claptone had his / their moments, Shy FX less adventurous than I'd heard him before, Mele housier than usual, which was welcome, Idris Elba wouldn't be getting these gigs if he wasn't Stringer Bell, good for him though and Fatboy Slim occasionally dipped into techno before reverting to his usual stuff, which was a shame.

Couple of other thoughts, confetti and ice cannons were vastly overused, took away any impact they might have had, especially when released at odd times during tracks. Also, some of the outfits women were wearing were astonishingly revealing, making the most of summer I suppose.

You picked the better of the two days @AndyFul
The posers and the yardies went on the Saturday.
Mad that we've reached a stage where the idiots are turning up for Lawler, wAFF and Ahmed and the decent folk are turning up for Fatboy Slim, Shy FX and Idris Elba. Says a lot about the current state of affairs.

I also attended Elrow London, enjoyed it.

Good points - crowd was decent - was expecting it to be full of gobshites but everyone appeared happy :lol: - good elrow feel of lets have fun, no queues for anything like beer, food or toilets. Did queue 50 min to get into the actually festival but muh. Music was fine, I was off my little tits by about 8:30 but before than I enjoyed a couple. Remember enjoying Richie Ahmed.

The bads points - lot of people completely gone by 2 - 3pm in the afternoon, we where say outside the bar near the welfare tent and saw at least 3 people getting carried in. Not nice to see. Some girl almost pasted out near the toilets and me and my mate had to get security - not good and people just doing to much. 10pm finish - prob down to licencing but it felt like it could have gone on for longer. Could have done with some more food choice.

Random stuff..

We'd just got in and headed to the second stage and saw about 20 security guys chasing - I'm guessing a suspected drug dealing through the crowd and then across the festival.

Lot of people selling walking through the crowd, more than I've know it at any festival or anywhere for that matter.

The search on the way in was thorough - right through everything. Metal detector first, then right through my wallet, full pat down, in my shoes - didn't expect it.

The stage and stuff going on with random people walking around and a massive metal thing also moving is quite something - full on production.

It was token based, but worked out about £6.5 for a can of brothers fruit cider, I drank that all day with a few bottles of water.

Overall great day out with the lads.

What was the average age like at Elrow London? Pics look like a young crowd but hard to say.

Have to say, not sure who said it but I agree this was best at vista club. Seen it at Space and Amnesia since and for me it's not as good. Having said that I'd still happily recommend it to someone who hasn't been. It's a great spectacle.

Mad how big its become here in the uk. When we went to it in Vista in 2012 or so we must've been the only British in there!

Sounds like the Sunday was a much tamer crowd, I didnt see any open dealing, security not noticeable and checks on the way in far from heavy-handed, the wife easily snuck in a liquor miniature in her knickers, friendly bunch too probably because they had less grief. 10 minute queue to get in around when most turned up and perfectly busy all day.

No-one off their face that I saw, very young crowd but a few groups who had their parents with them which seemed quite sweet.

Shy FX played a very DnB-light set, lots of Reggae, Ska. None of his mid-90s jungle stuff when I was there.

What was the average age like at Elrow London? Pics look like a young crowd but hard to say.

Have to say, not sure who said it but I agree this was best at vista club. Seen it at Space and Amnesia since and for me it's not as good. Having said that I'd still happily recommend it to someone who hasn't been. It's a great spectacle.

Mad how big its become here in the uk. When we went to it in Vista in 2012 or so we must've been the only British in there!

Prob 20 - 24.

My mates and I are all around 34, I felt a touch old. no one would care.

I went last year at Amnesia and was my first experience and loved it. Was always going to be different in a field in London.

Back