Election Day in the US of A

McCains speech seems very honest, heartfelt and a bit humble. He is an honourable man.

Agree with you here, just heard it again and was all of the above... He sounds like a "good man" but running on the Republican ticket, so unable to say how he feels about the last 8 years:) He probably would have done a OK job too. However, I can't help feeling it had to be Obama, for so many reasons and I am pleased that the Americans realised it and made it happen.

How many Americans voted for Obama BECAUSE of his skin colour though. McCain only got 3% of black voters, what does this say ?! I think that means more than anything race is still a MASSIVE factor in it. Did every black person that voted look further than race as a basis of judgement, no. :spank:
Ya, but this ignores the fact that Obama received 43% of the white vote, compared to 41% for John Kerry in '04 and 42% for Al Gore in 2000. The hallmark of this election is people looked BEYOND race. That's what's amazing. That's what makes me so proud of my country today.

Whilst i wish Barack Obama the best of luck, his administration has a massive job on their hands after the severe damage George Bush has done not just in USA but worldwide!

USA NEED to stop invading other countries and stop interfering in other countries affairs, otherwise there will be another 9/11 except probably worse this time, Bush's so called "war on terror" was doomed from the start (a bit like the hunt for so called "weapons of mass destruction":rolleyes: )so it's early days but im confident Mr Obama will do a better job than Bush who was probably the worst US President ever:!:

Whilst i wish Barack Obama the best of luck, his administration has a massive job on their hands after the severe damage George Bush has done not just in USA but worldwide!

USA NEED to stop invading other countries and stop interfering in other countries affairs, otherwise there will be another 9/11 except probably worse this time, Bush's so called "war on terror" was doomed from the start (a bit like the hunt for so called "weapons of mass destruction":rolleyes: )so it's early days but im confident Mr Obama will do a better job than Bush who was probably the worst US President ever:!:

look no one debates this really, there are other issues in the US tho. i'm no clued up policiphile like grego or morbs, but banging on about a single issue is an over simplification and not to me the crux of how he will be judged. personally i think having gone into iraq there is an obligation to stay as long as the iraqi government feel they need us. and us means the original invading forces, including UK.

a lot of his policies are pretty standard leftish stuff, bit more tax, bit more investment in education etc etc.

its the inclusive nature of his approach that excites me. if we acknowledge that we are all very close as humans in what we seek to achieve & manage the differences with intelligence & , where appropriate compromise - rather than seeking to destroy those that do not agree with us.....we could expend our energy on a whole lot more good.

but..as he says in his book...there are barriers to this...some of which relate to the inherent flaws of democracy & human beings.

i only fear that the machine will not allow him to do what he wants, as his intentions are honourable.

to derail Obama's vision and vote them out completely to see radical change in the face of American politics. One can only hope:rolleyes:

Radical change in a big political system is not realistic. But with hope and believe things can be made real... So let's hope that efficient reforms will be made and the promised "change" will come true...

USA NEED to stop invading other countries and stop interfering in other countries affairs,

The USA is worldwide the leading country concerning invasions... This foreign policy position was taken at the end of the 19th century. Look at the invasions into the south american countries...
So, America's foreign policy has a long tradition and this tradition will not be easy to change as there is a big big powerful lobby behind...

Well, and may be America was not right about invading, but at least, America has done something, even though the "doing" was not good either.

So, again, I say, with hope things can become real. But especially international relations and policies concerning terrorism, failed states etc will not just change because of a new president who is not a big fan of neorealistic international policies... There are a lot more actors in the game and especially the westen ones will have to change their acting and behaving. But if they do, in long turn, that will be on their own costs and on the costs of your wealth...
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The new president was described as the greatest orator of the past 40 years last night on Question Time :)

I now wish I had paid far more attention to such an historic even unfolding :(

The new president was described as the greatest orator of the past 40 years last night on Question Time :)

I now wish I had paid far more attention to such an historic even unfolding :(

Obviously didn't hear my Best Man's Speech last year. It was great. Especially my joke about dead rats.

Back