Election Day in the US of A

I'll be glad when this is all over as im sick to death of it being constanly on the news, you'd think there isn't anything else going on in the world.

Whilst i would favour Obama to win and i believe he will do, one has to wonder how many millions will vote because of his colour and know little or nothing about his actual policies or even who his running mate is, bit tragic really but then again this is the USA, still you cant get much worse than George Bush and hopefully if/when Obama gets into office he'll pull the troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan,etc.

Given that America basically runs the world economy and politics - i would say its paramount in the worlds news

How many people will NOT vote for Obama due to his skin colour? Race shouldn't be a factor but unfortunately it is

Obama coming from an African, Caucasion & Asian background should be the man to unite the people (i preface this with the fact that people who do not want to be united in this instance have no place in the world)

Sorry grego, "breaking it down" was not meant as an insult at all...I just wanted to state a different perspective and point of view since I seem to be the only one participating in this forum that has one.
I read your post #32 a couple of minutes ago,"the path towards socalism" bit in particular made me kind of laugh/scream :lol::evil: if you like,but I scrolled on and was pleased to see others had already answered (saves a rant)
Bravo, Morbyd & grego...:idea:

Given that America basically runs the world economy and politics - i would say its paramount in the worlds news

How many people will NOT vote for Obama due to his skin colour? Race shouldn't be a factor but unfortunately it is

Obama coming from an African, Caucasion & Asian background should be the man to unite the people (i preface this with the fact that people who do not want to be united in this instance have no place in the world)

well i hardly think whoever gets into office in the USA election is going to make a difference to the normal working class person struggling to get by here or in Scotland,etc in the short term is it, personally im more concerned how the fcuk if ever we are going to get out of this recession.

I agree race should not be a factor but clearly in this predicament it is and by all accounts that's what will give Obama victory.

well i hardly think whoever gets into office in the USA election is going to make a difference to the normal working class person struggling to get by here or in Scotland,etc in the short term is it, personally im more concerned how the fcuk if ever we are going to get out of this recession.

I agree race should not be a factor but clearly in this predicament it is and by all accounts that's what will give Obama victory.

did the American mortgage crisis not trigger the economic meltdown?
does the American economy not drive the worlds ecomony - given that China is happy to stay in the shadows largely

IMO the American economy, rightly or wrongly, is crucial to world finances and therefore trickles down to every common man

I'll be glad when this is all over as im sick to death of it being constanly on the news, you'd think there isn't anything else going on in the world.

not enough goddam celebrity deaths to mourn lately, its a disgrace

Massive swing to Obama!

Pen, NH, maybe Florida, Ohio i think now...

Looking like he'll get 350 college votes at least, fantastic!

:D

And that's that, he's won! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
McCains speech seems very honest, heartfelt and a bit humble. He is an honourable man.

:D:D:D..............lump in my throat.

the true mccain came out really. it would have destroyed the GOP had he said what he felt about bush and the last 8 yrs during the campaign

No matter how you look at it, today is a historic day and hopefully the American public will see through attempts by Republicans in congress to derail Obama's vision and vote them out completely to see radical change in the face of American politics. One can only hope:rolleyes:

I don't have the words to fully express how I feel.

Today is a good day. For America, for the world.

YES WE CAN? YES WE DID!!

YES WE CAN? YES WE DID!!

I have just had the most horrendus conversation.. I was at breakfast here on the rig and some rednecks are absolutley raging that a black man is president of the US and really do hope something will happen to him. I told them they were a disgrace and nothing but old ancient and past it bigots..

A great day for America and the world. There have been enough hurdles crossed already to show that if need be there can be plenty more that can be crossed if and when required to do so..

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
" I have a dream........"
May not have come in his Life time, however it has happened, and i'm delighted!

With any luck, with a time for a change spreading across the Globe, it will influence the British Electorate in the next election here!

YES WE CAN? YES WE DID!!

:):):)

Wd to all those folks who made it happen. I can't pretend to have followed the thing blow by blow but know this is something special.

:):):)

How many Americans voted for Obama BECAUSE of his skin colour though. McCain only got 3% of black voters, what does this say ?! I think that means more than anything race is still a MASSIVE factor in it. Did every black person that voted look further than race as a basis of judgement, no. :spank:

Still, the best man won and all we wanna see now is will he live up the unbelievable hype, answer - no. Everything is in a **** state of affairs already, and he isn't superman and can't sort things out instantly like everyone wants. Gonna be a few very disenchanted people in a few years time.

" I have a dream........"
May not have come in his Life time, however it has happened, and i'm delighted!

With any luck, with a time for a change spreading across the Globe, it will influence the British Electorate in the next election here!

To do what? Vote for Cameron? :lol:

YES WE CAN? YES WE DID!!

Well im glad your feeling jubilant old boy, and perhaps this is a good day for America who knows, but a good day for the World, a bit early to come out with such a sweeping statement,let's see if Obama does the right thing and pulls the USA troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan and once and for all stops America's invading and meddling in other countries affairs, then people of the World might say he is a good President.:!:

Back