Easyjet

koppas84

I know, I know, they are useless but I had never booked through them before until last month. Just had to pay £96 to change the name of a passenger on a flight to Ibee which only cost me £73 to book last month. Absolute disgrace. Can't believe they get away with this to be honest. :evil::evil::evil:

On the plus side, I wasn't charged (I should have been charged £35) for changing the name of a traveller with 'lowcostholidays' for my stay at Pikey Park. The bloke on the phone just seemed like he wanted go get off the phone for a fag, took the names, swapped out and then said he said confirmation. Each cloud and all that...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I wouldn't say they are in any way useless, were 200€ cheaper for me to use them instead the next cheapest thing. And if you live in London you can get ridiculously cheap flights to everywhere. And one reason for the high name change fee is that otherwise someone else could book them months ealier with very low fares and sell them on internet later once they get more expensive. Thats why you can't get cheap last minute seats either. If you want great service then pay four times more for it.

It is actually an odd thing that you can change the name on the ticket. I don't think most regular airlines (i.e. non-discount carriers) do that at all.

I do hate the way these low-cost carriers work, though. They quote a fair but then tack on airport taxes, baggage fees and all these little optional additional charges.

I'm for honest, straightforward pricing. Just give me a total price, from the start, that includes everything. I'd rather pay $100 every time and have most normal things (baggage, assigned seat, a friggin' drink, etc.) included than pay $60 this time, $120 next time, etc.

If they're really low-cost, then give me the honest price and let me compare it with the regular airlines. Separating out their charges doesn't make them low-cost... it just makes them annoying.

It is actually an odd thing that you can change the name on the ticket. I don't think most regular airlines (i.e. non-discount carriers) do that at all.

I do hate the way these low-cost carriers work, though. They quote a fair but then tack on airport taxes, baggage fees and all these little optional additional charges.

I'm for honest, straightforward pricing. Just give me a total price, from the start, that includes everything. I'd rather pay $100 every time and have most normal things (baggage, assigned seat, a friggin' drink, etc.) included than pay $60 this time, $120 next time, etc.

If they're really low-cost, then give me the honest price and let me compare it with the regular airlines. Separating out their charges doesn't make them low-cost... it just makes them annoying.

Agree with all of that.

yes indeed regular airlines don't do that.
i hate the way loco work too but i think easyjet is better from all the others even at its worst day.

Ryanair are the worst for adding extra charges to the point of being immoral! Other businesses wouldn't be allowed to sting customers with all these hidden charges, surely it's bordering on illegal??

That happened to us with Ryanair, a group of us went to Dublin last year, we paid £10 for our flights but when others booked later the flights were up to £40!

That happened to us with Ryanair, a group of us went to Dublin last year, we paid £10 for our flights but when others booked later the flights were up to £40!

But the fact still remains you got bargain priced flights, despite the hidden charges.

I have no problem with Ryanair, everyone knows they are a budget airline and will take extra costs where they can. You can still fly somewhere in Europe for a budget price, despite these extra costs.

I'm going to Stockholm tomorrow and two return flights cost me £10 each. I knew the hidden charges so avoided them. I've checked in online, only carrying hand baggage, and I also went out of my way to get a Visa Electron card so I could avoid the £5 creditcard charge! So all in all.... our flights were incredibly cheap.

I've flown on Ryanair loads and the flights have generally always been on time and a decent service. They're a budget airline so you've got to expect budget service! If you want better service, pay more and fly with BA.

Earlier you book, cheaper it is?
True. And I don't mind that part, really. Book early, cheaper price, great!

Just make the price, as quoted at moment of inquiry, include everything an average traveler will need.

I have one friend who recently had to pay 40 quid because he didn't reconfirm online before the flight... while he was on a beach in Morocco! How dumb is that? You're supposed to track down some Internet in some Moroccan beach resort to reconfirm your flight online?

It's a scam. If you play it well, then you save money. But why should you have to play a game to get an airline ticket?

I have one friend who recently had to pay 40 quid because he didn't reconfirm online before the flight... while he was on a beach in Morocco! How dumb is that? You're supposed to track down some Internet in some Moroccan beach resort to reconfirm your flight online?

But this is made clear at the time of booking! You can check in 15 days up to 4hrs before flying... so why didn't he make sure he'd done this first? I've checked in already for my outgoing and return flights this weekend!

I agree they are exploiting people's mistakes.... but they make you aware that they have the right to do this when you book... so it's down to you to make sure you do things correctly.

But what's the point in hiding the charges? If they were totally upfront about them, the flights would still be mega cheap, but we, the customer wouldn't feel like they had cheated us. The way they do it now seems sneaky and underhand.

But what's the point in hiding the charges? If they were totally upfront about them, the flights would still be mega cheap, but we, the customer wouldn't feel like they had cheated us. The way they do it now seems sneaky and underhand.

but they dont hide them do they? You get a choice whether to take hold baggage, whether to board first etc etc. Like I said above, the flight to Stockholm was advertised at £10 - that's the price I paid in the end. The key is to just avoid the extra charges, it can be done!

Lets hope your missis does not come on here as day by day you are giving more and more information away about yourself :lol::lol:

Never flown with easyjet myself but BMI babay serve alcohol and nice sandwiches not that that is any help to you though lol

But this is made clear at the time of booking! You can check in 15 days up to 4hrs before flying... so why didn't he make sure he'd done this first? I've checked in already for my outgoing and return flights this weekend!

I agree they are exploiting people's mistakes.... but they make you aware that they have the right to do this when you book... so it's down to you to make sure you do things correctly.
I'm not sure of the circumstances of his purchase. Perhaps he was notified, perhaps not. But that's hardly important.

You've already bought the ticket. They've got to save that seat for you anyway. It shouldn't be an issue to check in at a kiosk in the terminal. There is no point to this other than to catch people.

RE: what you wrote earlier - It's not a question of better/worse service. I'm not saying they should offer any more services than they do. That's why they're low cost. I'm just saying they should have honest pricing.

If, altogether, it's going to cost me $100, then tell me from the start it's $100 so that I can compare with the $150 from BA and decide what level of service I want. Don't tell me it's $20 and then tack on a bunch of stuff later.

Spot on. Easyjet add insurance onto their flights. You have to look carefully to find out how to cancel it. I bet a lot of people book with insurance when they didn't even want it.

Lets hope your missis does not come on here as day by day you are giving more and more information away about yourself :lol::lol:

Never flown with easyjet myself but BMI babay serve alcohol and nice sandwiches not that that is any help to you though lol

I had a profile picture the other day. That got swiftly removed. :D

I'm not sure of the circumstances of his purchase. Perhaps he was notified, perhaps not. But that's hardly important.

You've already bought the ticket. They've got to save that seat for you anyway. It shouldn't be an issue to check in at a kiosk in the terminal. There is no point to this other than to catch people.

RE: what you wrote earlier - It's not a question of better/worse service. I'm not saying they should offer any more services than they do. That's why they're low cost. I'm just saying they should have honest pricing.

If, altogether, it's going to cost me $100, then tell me from the start it's $100 so that I can compare with the $150 from BA and decide what level of service I want. Don't tell me it's $20 and then tack on a bunch of stuff later.

But you get the option to "tack off" that bunch of stuff. They say it's for people who want to travel completely basic and no frills (i.e like me tomorrow - £10!). I do agree that part of it is probably to catch people out and make a bit of money that way. The online check in thing is probably also to save money on staff costs - it eliminates 90% of the check in desks at airports I would presume?

And if your friend booked on Ryanair, he would have been notified.... it's plastered all over their website!

Back