Easyjet

I still don't understand online check in? Surely you NEED to check in at an airport as you need to hand in your luggage etc.

The online check in thing is probably also to save money on staff costs - it eliminates 90% of the check in desks at airports I would presume?

And if your friend booked on Ryanair, he would have been notified.... it's plastered all over their website!
I don't know which low-cost carrier it was.

They already have those electronic check-in kiosks at the airport, so no effect on staff levels.

Funny thing is, when I flew EasyJet, they still had the same number of check-in desks/people as some regular airlines... but instead of checking you in they just checked your boarding pass and collected luggage.

I still don't understand online check in? Surely you NEED to check in at an airport as you need to hand in your luggage etc.

With just hand baggage you can go directly to the gate with online check-in. Some airports theres quick line for hold baggages, where you just hand over the luggage at the desk and move on.

Yes they do, or depends if you consider peanuts food.

I was feeling sick and the steward asked if I wanted a glass of water, I said yes and then she said that will be 3€ thank you.

I remember flying back from Sharm El Shiekh last year with XL Airlines. Didn't have any money, nor did my girlfriend, and they didn't bring round any food or drink all flight. I was gapsing for a drink so had to drink the water from the toilet sink. They went bust the next day. :D

Easy Jet I am fine with to be honest...they are very cheap but part of that condition is that they will charge you for absolutely any changes, but thats partly why it is cheap. I have flown BA and they were very flexible but it was twice the price. EasyJet are also pretty clear on extra charges and reasonably friendly on flights though the chaotic boarding process drives me crazy.

Ryan on the other hand is awful...i refuse to fly with them. Their prices are meaningless as they add on so many fees. How can they charge you to check in!? cheeky gits. owner is a tool as well.

Easy Jet I am fine with to be honest...they are very cheap but part of that condition is that they will charge you for absolutely any changes, but thats partly why it is cheap. I have flown BA and they were very flexible but it was twice the price. EasyJet are also pretty clear on extra charges and reasonably friendly on flights though the chaotic boarding process drives me crazy.

Ryan on the other hand is awful...i refuse to fly with them. Their prices are meaningless as they add on so many fees. How can they charge you to check in!? cheeky gits. owner is a tool as well.

Is it a bit of a free for all?

It's a joke and i cant believe it is the best option for the staff. They get people who have paid for speedy boarding and with small kids up and the moment they announce that, everyone swarms round the entrance. If you get a bus to the plane, its a joke as well as if you pay for speedy boarding, you basically pay to get on the bus first and gain nothing and then everyone gets off the bus and runs to the plane. hilarious but not fun.

The budget airlines in america have three boarding groups and make everyone sticks to it and its a lot better. I think easyjet sometimes does it but the staff dont enforce it so its a bit of a joke.

exactly. O'Leary is an utter kunt.

have no problem with easyjet - staff have always been sound - the good old days when they offered dirt cheap weekend flights may have gone but at least they fly from gatwick and offer a reliable service

ryanair on the other hand are vile. You usually get a seat with previous passengers' crap on it + you don't actually save anything because you still have to pay for the inconvenience of connections to their remote airfields in the arse-end of nowhere, on top of all their sneaky surcharges. In the case of stansted, that's a hefty return fare on the train... and so if overall A<>B fares are no cheaper than easyjet's then what is the point of choosing ryanair? PLUS - to get my name changed to a mate's on my croatia flight, he would have had to fork out an extra £100!

Is it a bit of a free for all?
That whole process is an abomination. It breeds chaos and loathing.

1MoreBrightonR said:
Was looking at flying them once and saw the web page with the list of additional charges. I had to scroll down the table... and I've got a large monitor!

And charging to check in.... online!? Only to be charged 40 quid if you don't check in online? Wtf?

I try... every day I try.
But I admit, it is still difficult to go out in public without wearing at least some article of black clothing.
At work, I solve this by wearing only black shoes and belts, no matter what color the suit. :lol:

bollocks to budget airlines. given a choice i'd rather fly with a "proper" airline instead pissing about trying to work out baggage allowances and making sure the boxes are unticked/ticked for all the other bits of **** they try and sell you right up till you board.

Ryanair... worse of the lot.

After all my ranting and raving, guess which 2 airlines I'm flying out of London next week :lol:

RyanAir to France and back. Then EasyJet to Ibiza. :(

After memories of last year's nightmare, I even paid 12 pounds for the priority boarding on SleazyJet. :confused:

After all my ranting and raving, guess which 2 airlines I'm flying out of London next week :lol:

RyanAir to France and back. Then EasyJet to Ibiza. :(

After memories of last year's nightmare, I even paid 12 pounds for the priority boarding on SleazyJet. :confused:

You lot are such wimps! Just push to the front of the queue, didn't you ever used to "BUNDLE!" in school? :lol:

Well my flight to Stockholm left bang on time, arrived 15mins early, staff were polite and friendly. Same on the way back. All for a tenner!

You lot are such wimps! Just push to the front of the queue, didn't you ever used to "BUNDLE!" in school?
I'm not a wimp. Heck, I live in Russia, where the concept of forming an orderly queue died with the breadlines of the late Communist era :lol:

Perfectly capable of pushing my way through, but also at an age where I don't find having to do that very dignified.

Back