Dubai

Red

I really love Blue Marlin UAE, it’s the only option for a really good clubbing night. You can avoid VIP and there’s a few ways of avoiding paying top dirham for drinks too

freakstar

I really love Blue Marlin UAE, it’s the only option for a really good clubbing night. You can avoid VIP and there’s a few ways of avoiding paying top dirham for drinks too
Totally agree...it was a bit hot though (34 degrees) but once the sun had gone down it was fine and really good vibe. There is a VIP element but not as much as most places here. At least the patrons are pretty clued up

Reactions: Red

johndiamond

not meaning to offend anyone but surely any venue/event in dubai has a vibe that is about as far away from the core ibiza vibe as it gets?

sure there's rich people there so there is a market, but what about tolerance, freedom of expression and all that? wouldn't it all feel a bit plastic?

craig72

not meaning to offend anyone but surely any venue/event in dubai has a vibe that is about as far away from the core ibiza vibe as it gets?

sure there's rich people there so there is a market, but what about tolerance, freedom of expression and all that? wouldn't it all feel a bit plastic?
I haven't been since 2001. Went to a few nights, sasha,body&soul.. all full of hookers kinda dancing around their hand bags. Whispering when you pass "my place is only few minutes away.."

TiffyBennett1

Have you been to try any out? Some, I fully agree, do not fit the Ibiza vibe at all. But there are some exceptions where I've been to a venue/event and I have felt I could have definitely been in Ibiza. The vibe can be extremely similar here, and yes there are rich people - but arent there in Ibiza too? They can bugger off to the VIP area and us commoners can crack on! :)

I haven't been since 2001. Went to a few nights, sasha,body&soul.. all full of hookers kinda dancing around their hand bags. Whispering when you pass "my place is only few minutes away.."
2001 was also an extremely long time ago. I feel times have definitely changed considering the amount of change there's been in the 3.5 years I've been here.

craig72

A friends brother arrived on holiday years ago and when he unpacked he found a bottle of poppers in his bag.. I heard the panic in the room was like a scene from a movie.:lol: