Drugs

Think Tourist is pointing out it was a substitute at the time because of the drought* but you're right many people then had it in our area as a choice because of the wild, long and cheap sessions. Because of its legal status it invited a lot more people in, some I know got into trouble with it who had been pretty straight laced.

I don't know anyone who has it now and I'm still in touch with people in party scene, even those still at it now during the lockdown.

*Horrible time looking back. Remember going to Ibiza May, all was fine - returned again 2 months later and all you could get was the fake crap that made you unwell. Continued clubbing every week but everyone knew it wasn't right. Literally ruined days. The day it came back was joyus ??

Why is it considered worse than coke? When meph was legal, coke deaths dropped considerably and there were actually very few deaths caused by the drone. No idea what the long term health impacts of meph are (guess we'll find out over the next couple of decades), but we know coke & alcohol have a hugely detrimental health impact long term.
I think the stigma around it lies with like mentioned how it smelt, how users clothes got assaulted by it once had had sweated some out and so on, and I know coke heads but non that went the lengths to get some like people were for mephedrone, but I guess that's just my personal experience. I dont look down on anyone who would do it now but I personally wouldn't any more if it came back around

When it came about originally no doubt about it the power was nectar

I think the stigma around it lies with like mentioned how it smelt, how users clothes got assaulted by it once had had sweated some out and so on, and I know coke heads but non that went the lengths to get some like people were for mephedrone, but I guess that's just my personal experience. I dont look down on anyone who would do it now but I personally wouldn't any more if it came back around

When it came about originally no doubt about it the power was nectar

Coke and meph are both addictive uppers. I know people who crave coke like I craved meph. A couple of drinks and they get their phone out.. It's no more scummy than coke IMO; it's just coke has this illusion of being classier due to the price. Coke actually has a higher trail of human misery behind it. I know that's mostly due to prohibition, but meph is illegal too..

Coke and meph are both addictive uppers. I know people who crave coke like I craved meph. A couple of drinks and they get their phone out.. It's no more scummy than coke IMO; it's just coke has this illusion of being classier due to the price. Coke actually has a higher trail of human misery behind it. I know that's mostly due to prohibition, but meph is illegal too..
Yeah your right like pal, my mates are f***ers for 3 pints in on the blower for beak still.. I personally don't see the fascination

Dont mind a few keys here an there but its never been something I go out of my way for or even crave on a night out

Reminds me of Global Gathering 2014 and the brag from one of our extended circle: "We're the only ones on camp with mkat"! ?

Dabbled a few times - because other supplies had run dry - and never saw the fascination. The smell, the taste, urgh. Not for me. Some friends really, really loved it though. They almost disappeared down a dark hole. The price definitely played a factor

Yeah your right like pal, my mates are f***ers for 3 pints in on the blower for beak still.. I personally don't see the fascination

Dont mind a few keys here an there but its never been something I go out of my way for or even crave on a night out
Saw something recently saying alcohol is just a warm up for coke, i thought nah, ive seen this with a mate, coke is just an excuse sometimes to extend the session on and on with booze. My legal high choice was china white, back in the day

Watching a wee bit of this before I start work. Looks like an interesting discusssion about what Biden means for the war on drugs.

Back