Drugs

Had a couple of nice nights at home on E this year, but took them slow a quarter at a time and had chilled Techno in the headphones and another time watched Nora En Pure doing a set in the snow filmed by drone on YouTube on the TV. Was nice and chilled but yeh get them clubs back open.

I think it was the legal high boom and being able to order chems (a crazy array of untested chems) online that marked the start of it being 'acceptable' to do drugs (other than booze/weed) home alone. Certainly loads of 'psychonauts' were posting online about it.

I think it was the legal high boom and being able to order chems (a crazy array of untested chems) online that marked the start of it being 'acceptable' to do drugs (other than booze/weed) home alone. Certainly loads of 'psychonauts' were posting online about it.
The drone era as we call it.

Fond memories, just coincided with our uni days too. Truly terrible comedowns from it though.
We even have a drone era music playlist haha

The drone era as we call it.

Fond memories, just coincided with our uni days too. Truly terrible comedowns from it though.
We even have a drone era music playlist haha
I completely missed the drone phase, did hear it was during a time when sniff at the time wasn't good quality, might have helped sales? did hear that the come downs were rough tho

I completely missed the drone phase, did hear it was during a time when sniff at the time wasn't good quality, might have helped sales? did hear that the come downs were rough tho

Comedowns are rough. It's a much, much better high than coke, though, kinda merging with the spangliness of MD and lots of additional horniness (if that's your thing). Sadly, I don't get much out of it these days as my threshold for stim paranoia is pretty low. Unlike pretty much every other previous legal high, it's a drug people still seek out - because it has its own buzz. It was also ridiculously cheap back in the day.

Yeah I think is still used in the gay scene.
Definitely more of a MD buzz to it, but comedowns were bad news and it made your pockets/wallet stink lol.

It was so popular here that the paramilitarys started shooting the shop owners of legal high shops.

Couldn't tax and shoot drug dealers anymore so I suppose they gotta shoot somebody eh

when the Mkat, NRG1, ivory wave, green granules and so on hit the scene our town hit a new low for sure, we were ordering loads of the net at first because bubble love (Mkat) was so strong & cheap it worked wonders for your weekend. the E's, molly, speed got a sharp knock on the head and tbh the legals were doing justice and all we needed. but after a while when they were everywhere you soon saw the damage they had done, especially here in the Northeast! people were doing some very unsavoury things and morals were getting thrown out the window.
I don't know if when it changed or was on the fence of becoming illegal the formula changed but all of a sudden when we would have some Kat the comedown was next level, it would be sweating out of you for far longer than usual and all of sudden you start to realise just how much of a bottom feeder drug it is, poison that stuff but when your young I suppose little matters in that sense

Horrible stuff Mkat, you could smell it on your skin 2 days later, your wallet stunk and rough as f*** comedown. As someone said above the sniff at the time was low quality

I obviously wasn't as offended by the smell as some folk! Not sure that the smell actually belonged to the 4-mmc itself. More likely it was an impurity as some batches were far less stinky.

I obviously wasn't as offended by the smell as some folk! Not sure that the smell actually belonged to the 4-mmc itself. More likely it was an impurity as some batches were far less stinky.
Wherever these lads were getting it was deffo the stinky variety. You could smell when you walked in the front door of the pub. Makes me feel a bit ill to recall it

when the Mkat, NRG1, ivory wave, green granules and so on hit the scene our town hit a new low for sure, we were ordering loads of the net at first because bubble love (Mkat) was so strong & cheap it worked wonders for your weekend. the E's, molly, speed got a sharp knock on the head and tbh the legals were doing justice and all we needed. but after a while when they were everywhere you soon saw the damage they had done, especially here in the Northeast! people were doing some very unsavoury things and morals were getting thrown out the window.
I don't know if when it changed or was on the fence of becoming illegal the formula changed but all of a sudden when we would have some Kat the comedown was next level, it would be sweating out of you for far longer than usual and all of sudden you start to realise just how much of a bottom feeder drug it is, poison that stuff but when your young I suppose little matters in that sense
Similar story in the North West. I was bang into clubbing in that period but never got into bubble - everyone was at it though and it stunk of cat piss! The stuff was that cheap lads would be on it for days and days

People still talk of it fondly, just wasn't for me

Similar story in the North West. I was bang into clubbing in that period but never got into bubble - everyone was at it though and it stunk of cat piss! The stuff was that cheap lads would be on it for days and days

People still talk of it fondly, just wasn't for me

same as me really. Don’t get me wrong had it a few times mainly when there was nothing else at an after party but it was rife among people knew

Yeah it didn't have that retch to it when it was first when we were getting it off on the net, unless we were that round the bend of it we didn't notice ? but ended up getting worse every year.. some lad round here got plenty of it of the dark web for his mates birthday not long back unsure of how it went down but can imagine it was a grim reminder yet happy nostalgia ..I thought it was long gone

We were bang on it for a good period aswell dont think I could handle the smell now like, dont miss having tippex like marks on my hands from where I've wiped it on my nose? surprsed im not on single digit braincells at this stage

There's no denying it is classless

Last edited:
Why is it considered worse than coke? When meph was legal, coke deaths dropped considerably and there were actually very few deaths caused by the drone. No idea what the long term health impacts of meph are (guess we'll find out over the next couple of decades), but we know coke & alcohol have a hugely detrimental health impact long term.

nobody used it out of choice IIRC. it was a plan b option whilst there was a drought in the real stuff at the time because of a massive safrole bust in SE Asia. the real stuff made a dramatic comeback when someone happened across a different precursor. I don't know anyone who's consciously had it in the last 10 years., or at least since it became illegal.

nobody used it out of choice IIRC. it was a plan b option whilst there was a drought in the real stuff at the time because of a massive safrole bust in SE Asia. the real stuff made a dramatic comeback when someone happened across a different precursor. I don't know anyone who's consciously had it in the last 10 years., or at least since it became illegal.

I see loads of people online who still use it or want to use it occasionally. It's definitely still available, although there's much debate as to whether it's the same as pre-ban. It's not an MDMA substitute, even if some people used it as that initially.

Back