does "PACHA" stand for anything?

"Pacha's origins lie in the elegant Catalunyan beach resort of Sitges, where founder Ricardo Urgell first purchased a decrepit house in 1966, turning it into a nightclub because he wanted to "earn enough money to live like a pacha." " ~ The Mini Rough Guide To Ibiza & Formentera by. Iain Stewart.

I believe Pacha means king.

im living at costa rica at the mo- here they say 'pacha mama' (mother earth) when they pour beer on the ground, like in the US, ' for my homies' lol.

Thus, it means Earth, at least here.

Pink Armadillo's Chasing Hermaphrodite Arabians. :p
Anyone got any better suggestions!

Pink
Armadillos
Chasing
Hermaphrodite
Arabians

maybe that looks a bit better!! :rolleyes:

premile said:
"Pacha's origins lie in the elegant Catalunyan beach resort of Sitges, where founder Ricardo Urgell first purchased a decrepit house in 1996, turning it into a nightclub because he wanted to "earn enough money to live like a pacha." " ~ The Mini Rough Guide To Ibiza & Formentera by. Iain Stewart.

I believe Pacha means king.

That's right: The people said to Ricardo Urgell that he can live on Ibiza like a Pacha, and so he called is club Pacha.

The meaning

I rememeber asking the same about the word and someone simply put it that it was an arabic word meaning having it all. Well from Turkish, not an arabic language though, it's like king, on top of it all, etc. I love it. Pacha would probably be be the spanish version as opposed to Pasha.

:p --->
product-146984.jpg

see you in the supermarket!! :lol:

Thanks for the question d4l, I was wondering.... ;) We have a coffee shop here called Pacha, but I've never been there. Looks pretty cool from the outside, but I would just prefer going to Pacha in Ibiza. :D

Pacha means nothing in Spanish. Is not a Spanish word. I actually thought it would be related to the French word Pêche, which means 'peach', as the logo is another fruit (cherries). :rolleyes:

TigerVlc said:
Pacha means nothing in Spanish. Is not a Spanish word. I actually thought it would be related to the French word Pêche, which means 'peach', as the logo is another fruit (cherries). :rolleyes:

Well, it's true, but there's an spanish expression "Vivir como un pachá" that it means to live like a king.

Back