does "PACHA" stand for anything?

pasha, pacha noun (formerly) a provincial governor or other high official of the Ottoman Empire or the modern Egyptian kingdom: placed after a name when used as a title
[ETYMOLOGY: 17th Century: from Turkish pasa]

Boy,

I thought only we Americans were culturally challenged :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!

In a formal sense, Pasha, a Turkish word, is a title given to military or government official within the former sultanate of Turkey. Sort of like Lord, in UK. In Farsi (or Persian, as some of the Iranian-Americans like to call it) the word is used for the Sultan of Turkey. The word Pasha has also made its way into the German lingo, mainly due to large group of Turks living in Germany. It is informally used for King, Prince, Head of a Clan, Mr. Big Shot, etc.

Cheers,

LagunaBeachCA

silvia said:
TigerVlc said:
Pacha means nothing in Spanish. Is not a Spanish word. I actually thought it would be related to the French word Pêche, which means 'peach', as the logo is another fruit (cherries). :rolleyes:

Well, it's true, but there's an spanish expression "Vivir como un pachá" that it means to live like a king.

Really??

Never heard that expression, hehehe
I've ever heard or used this one instead: "Vivir como un sultán" or "vivir como un maharajah", or simply "vivir como un rey (king)". :lol:

Well... So the logo has nothing to do with the meaning of the name, unless cherries were considered a luxury fruit in the Turkish empire.

No - the cherries have nothing to do with it. Originally thier logo was a big eye (its on some of their t-shirts) - and the cherry was just produced on flyers and stuff to advertise a particular party, but the cherries were so popular they kept them.

Pacha in arabic is not only a king .. any welthy rich male is called a "Pacha" or "Bacha" in the land of arabia ... hope this helps ..

stephen said:
principe - like my favourite biscuits!
mmmmmmmmmm!! :lol:

Ibiza1.JPG

How about this:

PACHA
The etymological meaning of Pacha is "thing" or "phenomenon". There are two elements, double on itself and a projection on other, the other is outside of itself, outside of its thought and outside of its environment. It is expression of the whole, space and simultaneous time, it is expressed by the diversity of the life; as a global knowledge that it is generator of the culture and the life of the Ancestral Indigenous Nations. It is territorial space -Pachamama- and cosmic space. It is expression of the space and the known and stranger time. In the cosmos, the Pacha is life and source of life, is wisdom and ignorance, "sacred and profane" say M. Eliade (1964). The Pacha is the inhabited territory and the unknown space (uninhabited), whose set of compatible elements is always in function of this partiality.

silvia said:
TigerVlc said:
Pacha means nothing in Spanish. Is not a Spanish word. I actually thought it would be related to the French word Pêche, which means 'peach', as the logo is another fruit (cherries). :rolleyes:

Well, it's true, but there's an spanish expression "Vivir como un pachá" that it means to live like a king.

No !!!! It's a french expression :"Vivre comme un pacha" ;)

No - the cherries have nothing to do with it.
Originally thier logo was a big eye (its on some of their t-shirts) -
and the cherry was just produced on flyers and stuff to advertise a particular party,
but the cherries were so popular they kept them.

:rolleyes:

true or not :?:

Sorry Mambo, but it isn't :lol: :lol:

It's an arabic word that means something like prince or king. Really

It's not the same spelling though they spell it pasha, pretty sure it actually doesn't mean anything sure there is some info on the history of Pacha and it says on there

As far as I can tell, Pacha stands for over priced tickets for a crowded dance floor, commercial music, and having to be a 'VIP' to enjoy a club...

Basically, Pacha stands for nothing I want.

pasha is the anglicised version of a turkish word used in the ottoman empire (which occupied most of the arabic speaking lands) meaning chief. pacha is the spanish version of the same word

Back