Does monogamy exist?

Well seeing as I cannot commit to one relationship, I sure as heck will never manage two or more .. polyamory definitely not for me !!!

I took a survey, after the US General got caught cheating. What is your opinion when cheating occur (text message, email, flirt, date, sex etal)?

I have about a 4 year maximum attention span with boyfriends, when i start finding other people attrctive i finish it - that actually sounds really bad haha

I also have a 4 year maximum attention span (so far). I do think that that's a lot to do with me just not having met the right person yet. I ended things with my (now ex) husband because I had startied to fancy the pants off other people and it just didn't feel right staying with him when I was constantly thinking about other people (although I didn't actually stray). I clearly wasn't into him anymore. I have cheated on a couple of occassions but as soon as I've done it I've ended the relationship I've been in. Not because I necessarily want to get with the other person (although that did happen the last time) but more because that it's a sign that relationship isn't right if I'm doing more than look at someone else.

As a sociologist myself I fully concur with this assessment of that article. Utter horse ****.

The most striking thing reading that article is to discover that there is a University in Winchester. I never knew that - despite living there for 2 years (admittedly many years ago). Is this something new ... and is it a University University one or one of those Polytechnics that got re-branded Universities when the government decided there were too many people on the jobless register and everyone should go to one to keep them off the statistics for a few more years ?

It's no secret is it that most men given half a chance of not getting caught would have a bit of nookie with someone they fancy whether in a relationship or not. Many French and Italian businessmen have a youngish 'looker' of a mistress for sex and dirty weekends (and to pose / delude themselves into thinking they are still attractive) and a wife to have kids with. More often than not the wife knows about the mistress and the mistress certainly knows about the wife. Sometimes they are actually friendly to each other too. Huge revelation :rolleyes:

Don't get me started on marriage .. as we all know, polyamory is the only way ;)

I'm still waiting on finding 1, never mind 2 or 3. ;)

And I DO personally believe men and women are wired up differently and approach the dating/mating game differently. :p

I'm still waiting on finding 1, never mind 2 or 3. ;)

Trying my very hardest not to be glib ... but .... a fat wallet and an expense account usually help a bit. OK there, I said it. But a teenage of sharing fancy hotels around the world (Europe in particular) with overweight businessmen and their secretaries (ergo bits on the side) leaves an impression that's hard to shift - and borne out to this day in pretty much every 5 star hotel with a Spa and view of the sea from Cap d'Antibes to Capri.

Johnny V: That's social conditioning.

Do you have any transgender folks on your network?

Nope. But surely the societies we build reflect our psychology? Men and women are different on the outside, have different roles in reproduction (a man can hit and run; a woman is stuck with the result for 9 months), have differing levels of various hormones - why wouldn't you think they're generally different?

Nope. But surely the societies we build reflect our psychology? Men and women are different on the outside, have different roles in reproduction (a man can hit and run; a woman is stuck with the result for 9 months), have differing levels of various hormones - why wouldn't you think they're generally different?

I think men and women are different and approach relationships differently.

I think men change with age and become more reliable and women often want the love and support of a man in there late teens / early 20's then gain more confidence and quite enjoy being single. I think thats partly down to what society expects of women and what is and isnt seen to be acceptable in having multiple partners.

Personally I had a serious long term relationship from 18-21, then split up and embraced my singledom massively. I've struggled to settle down or commit since, firstly it was partly due to still having lingering feelings, then it was because I actually enjoyed being single. I've recently met someone and things have become quite serious, I am happy but part of me is still struggling with the commitment. I'm not cheating but sometimes the feelings of being enclosed and trapped do close in for a few days.

In terms of young men and rich older men, My boyfriend is considerably older but I earn more money than him. I'm not with him for money but I do like the sense of security and stability I get with an older guy.

Back