Do you remember your first time?

Brilliant @Harry29 & @CasaNegron ? ? Its great to reminisce! I love reading these Ibiza stories, I think it's something I'll never tire off.

And Happy Belated to your boy Casa ? He was born on a great day!

Hope you are recovering well after Vegas @B_Falls ????
OH man...I did some damage over the weekend. I worked all day Monday from home and promptly passed out at 5pm. :D

I still wasn't right on Tuesday and am feeling back to normal today. lol I am way out of practice, I need to get the liver back in shape!

OH man...I did some damage over the weekend. I worked all day Monday from home and promptly passed out at 5pm. :D

I still wasn't right on Tuesday and am feeling back to normal today. lol I am way out of practice, I need to get the liver back in shape!

Good man ? ?

You are doing it right ?

There are many golden moments from my first visit but this one in particular sums them all up.
Space closing party 2003. I always wanted to come to Ibiza for many years and finally managed to achieve my dream.
Early afternoon on the terrace, jumped on the round podium which used to be in the middle of the dance floor, had a toke from a spliff passed to me by some Spanish lad which kick started the rest of the "medication" ;)
I remember taking a moment to look around at the masses of smiling people really going for it under the sun while Banda Sonora "Guitarra G" was played at that moment I said to myself "I've arrived!"
That moment will stay with me forever.

Some of my early forays to Ibiza seem almost like distant fever dreams and seem so long ago that it's difficult to sequence them even into years!!

Age 18 and heading off to Ibiza in September 1997, the deal cost 3 of us £165 each. I was desperate to go but factory work in south west scotland didn't pay brilliantly, to my surprise my Mum was really keen that I got a 'rites of passage' boys holidays when my friends were and helped me out. With this news we were onto a budgeting exercise....

Like any 18 year old heading off to their first holiday abroad you want to be looking sharp for those ladies. With my budget I couldn't afford to be shopping in Original Shoe Co (remember them?) or even Slaters menswear for this trip. There was only one thing for it...Fool the world... So, off to Glasgow to the famous 'Barras' market ??.
We pushed past the assorted characters selling 'tax free' cigarettes, knock off albums (on cassette) and recordings from raves, making our towards the clothing stalls. We wandered up to the first stall and were instantly greeted with 'psssst, guys....Through here to the stolen goods section'. Now as young and as green as we were, not one of us was under the illusion that any of this stuff was genuine but we were committed to the counterfeit cause.
I had a glorious haul - 3 pastel short sleeve Ralph Lauren shirts (fruit of the loom with a logo stitched on in reality), an armani T shirt (slightly squint badge), 2 nike polos and a pair of versace patterned jeans (with an armani belt loop badge).....I needed to smell good too so compounded this with a fake bottle of CK Be. We're f***ing set boys!!!!

The day of the holiday came and for anyone that ever flew Club 18-30 you may remember the kind of flight times....2345 out of Glasgow on a Friday night (oh and that counted as one of your seven nights). The excitement during the day was palpable, I'd packed all the designer delights along with an assortment of 'going out' clobber from home (pinstripe jeans, firetrap shirts stick in my mind) and headed to my friends to all meet up. It was a 90 minute drive to Glasgow Airport and his parents were giving us a lift. Some beers were taken and then we were off, 3 deep in the back seat of a volvo estate.

At this time in life UK airports were a very different place - first up they still had Burger Kings etc, small change but when you think of an airport now, it's a lot more aspirational in terms of retail etc... Secondly and more significantly this was all pre-terror era and as such there was absolutely no issue with 3 daft boys like us (and not only us...) taking a case of 20 cans of Tennents Lager into the departure lounge with us. As I write this I'm actually laughing in disbelief at the thought of it...But anyway, the departure lounge was full of groups of kids like us all doing similar - some going as far as plugging in their CD player to kick the party right off.

We were all fairly well on by the time we arrived in Ibiza, some passengers more than others - as we were sheperded onto the bus to San Antonio (pre the expressway this was a bit of a journey) we were buzzing to get to the hotel and catch the last hour or so of the bars, back then I think it may have ran til about 7am down the west end?
We had an unexpected stop along the way when a buckfast (bottle brought on the flight from glasgow) swilling unruly passenger was completely harassing the poor 18-30 girl who had met the flight alone....To be fair though the bus driver stopped and helped her put him off the bus on the outskirts of san an. Big cheers from the bus as he was really killing the mood. As the bus pulled away we were realising we were in the wild west then CRASH, an almighty noise as his bottle of buckfast is thrown against the front window of the bus putting a massive crack in it and we seen him leg it off into the night.

....And so it began???

THIS!

I also got married in Ibiza, in 2015, and friends & family who hadn't visited Ibiza before all fell in love with the island and couldn't believe how beautiful it was.

I first visited Ibiza in 2002. At the time, I went out clubbing in Glasgow most weekends (The Arches, Sub Club's temporary venues, Art School, Riverside Social, Soundhaus...) but previously thought Ibiza was just going to be commercial dance music - due to 'those' CD compilations advertised on TV - and full of people getting wasted in the streets, due to Ibiza Uncovered. I certainly didn't appreciate how stunning and cultural the island was, and what an incredible history it has.

It wasn't until a couple of friends, whose opinions I trusted, convinced me to visit. The previous summer, in 2001, we had visited Kos Town in Greece as we are interested in culture and historical sites. Whilst we enjoyed exploring the island, the music & nightlife were absolutely terrible and we thought how nice it would be to visit somewhere which combined natural beauty, good weather, cultural sites, great food and drink but also with our kind of music and parties. So, we visited in September 2002, staying in the Squash in PDB (as on more of a budget in those days!) and haven't looked back - this August will be our 19th visit to Ibiza.

how funny. My first trip to Ibiza was also in 2002. I also got married in Ibiza in September 2015. You don’t turn 40 this year as well do you? Returning this year as well but only my 14th time

the first time we traveled to ibiza with my wife was mid june in 1994 bc a mate that worked at a travel agency recommended it to us.

in those days there was no internet, so we booked the whole arrangement thru him.

once we arrived at ibz airport we had to get on a coach that dropped us at the hotel stella maris near cap negret. the first nights we went out in san antonio, usually ate at this chinese restaurant called pay pay? that served ok food, later we saw posters that reel to real (Erick Morillo) was on at eden later that night,
as the night went on they never announced that they were not gonna be playing, we found out ourself as we went to ask dj alex p. and complained that we payed the full price ticket to see reel to real, he even gave us some money back....

the stella maris hotel was quite ok, we had a suite overlooking the pool area, we visited the local cala gracia and cala cracionetta beach and at the hotel we became friendly with one of the barstaff that told us to hire a car and instead of lounging around the pool and at the local beaches we should visit salinas and sa trinxa which we fortunately did.
i guess this was the first time we saw the cool ibiza, we loved that deejays were playing nice and chilling house music to all sort of really friendly and open ppl, also remember that sometimes we got up from our towels and spontaneously danced in the afternoon.

crazy how quick we met people who sat around us, there was a guy called demi from argentina and a guy called parrish that we met that introduced us to loads of their mates and friends. later we gave them and two other guys a lift back to ibiza town, they asked us if we wanted to go to pacha later on so we made up a time when we gonna pick them up later as there were no mobile phones....

first they showed us the dome bar where i actually had my first few shots of hierbas and got me quickly drunk and then at about 2 am we entered pacha for the first time which was amazing, alfredo was on the dex alongside some other deejays, we danced the whole night and i still remember that the prices for the drinks were about half of what they’re now.

from that day on we allways went to sa trinxa to meet our new friends and spent all our daytime there, we used to jus eat the boccadillo con atun, i also remember that we all used to go swimming in our birthday suits at sa trinxa, walking 100 meters nude to that green carpet covered pier, unfurtunatly nowadays there aren’t many that still do that?

demi and parrish also showed us cafe del mar where we first heard chill out music and watched the sunset smoking hash, drinking beer and hierbas.
i think mambo wasn’t even there yet.

at night we mostly went to pacha or to ku and never had to pay as our friends always got us in for free bc parrish that was a professional dancer at pacha knew the right people, i met him last year in ibiza and actually till last season he was still dancing but at lio...

after that first ibiza trip we soon went back in september 94 and i introduced my (at that time 22 year old) brother to the island, we hung out with the same people again, partied, swimmed and ate great food and he loved it so much that on the flight back he was crying like a baby with big tears coming out of his eyes and he said he never ever had such nice holidays and that he was in love with ibiza and will surely return to ibiza very soon.

Attachments

• DEBA4D57-679C-44C1-B3F5-ABF9186B15BB.jpeg
    DEBA4D57-679C-44C1-B3F5-ABF9186B15BB.jpeg
    912.1 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
the first time we traveled to ibiza was mid june in 1993 bc a mate that worked at a travel agency recommended it to us.

in those days there was no internet, so we booked the whole arrangement thru him.

once we arrived at ibz airport we had to get on a coach that dropped us at the hotel stella maris near cap negret. the first nights we went out in san antonio, usually ate at this chinese restaurant called pay pay? that served ok food, later we saw posters that reel to real (Erick Morillo) was on at eden later that night,
as the night went on they never announced that they were not gonna be playing, we found out ourself as we went to ask dj alex p. and complained that we payed the full price ticket to see reel to real, he even gave us some money back....

the stella maris hotel was quite ok, we had a suite overlooking the pool area, we visited the local cala gracia and cala cracionetta beach and at the hotel we became friendly with one of the barstaff that told us to hire a car and instead of lounging around the pool and at the local beaches we should visit salinas and sa trinxa which we fortunately did.
i guess this was the first time we saw the cool ibiza, we loved that deejays were playing nice and chilling house music to all sort of really friendly and open ppl, also remember that sometimes we got up from our towels and spontaneously danced in the afternoon.

crazy how quick we met people who sat around us, there was a guy called demi from argentina and a guy called parrish that we met that introduced us to loads of their mates and friends. later we gave them and two other guys a lift back to ibiza town, they asked us if we wanted to go to pacha later on so we made up a time when we gonna pick them up later as there were no mobile phones....

first they showed us the dome bar where i actually had my first few shots of hierbas and got me quickly drunk and then at about 2 am we entered pacha for the first time which was amazing, alfredo was on the dex alongside some other deejays, we danced the whole night and i still remember that the prices for the drinks were about half of what they’re now.

from that day on we allways went to sa trinxa to meet our new friends and spent all our daytime there, we used to jus eat the boccadillo con atun, i also remember that we all used to go swimming in our birthday suits at sa trinxa, walking 100 meters nude to that green carpet covered pier, unfurtunatly nowadays there aren’t many that still do that?

demi and parrish also showed us cafe del mar where we first heard chill out music and watched the sunset smoking hash, drinking beer and hierbas.
i think mambo wasn’t even there yet.

at night we mostly went to pacha or to ku and never had to pay as our friends always got us in for free bc parrish that was a professional dancer at pacha knew the right people, i met him last year in ibiza and actually till last season he was still dancing but at lio...

after that first ibiza trip we soon went back in september 93 and i introduced my (at that time 22 year old) brother to the island, we hung out with the same people again, partied, swimmed and ate great food and he loved it so much that on the flight back he was crying like a baby with big tears coming out of his eyes and he said he never ever had such nice holidays and that he was in love with ibiza and will surely return to ibiza very soon.

Yeah , similar.

Hotel only for sleep. The day and the night out ( of control ).
Maybe in earlier days it was much easier to get a free ticket. I think they stopped it a little bit. I spoke some residents which had problems to get free entrance for some partys at high season. And they knew people , they told me. Ok , maybe its a incorrect impression , dont know.
For me its ok : The stuff has to be payed , a lot of people earn money by ticket selling.
Everything is fine

First time was 98 I think. Went with a gf who was not in to clubbing. Took her manumission and she fell asleep in a corner..... went year after with the lads to do it properly, messy do, went clockwork, manumission x 2, sundissential at pacha, cream, some night at eden with roger and junior Sanchez, freedom also I think? Still have the vinyl I bought at delta disco think it was called in the west end from both trips

very cool thread, thank you for the good read and laughs!

my first time in ibiza was in august 2001. we stayed for a week. i still remember the moment i got off the plane and got wet hands because of the high humidity. i instantly felt there's some very special energy on the island i can't describe and i still feel it every time i'm on the white island.

we stayed at hotel garbi's in PDB - that was before it got renovated - and went to bora-bora beach almost every day. back then i really liked that place and that at about 3 pm the whole beach was dancing. i remember a crazy guy wearing a spider man costume and kind of a skiing mask was dancing there every day ? i even saw him the year later again and took some pictures of him:

014_14_small.jpg 016_16_small.jpg

in the evenings we usually did some warmup in a bar called ‘soul train’. back then we thought we're actually best buddies with an austrian promoter who was working there and he let us feel like we were the coolest squad around, but of course he just wanted to sell party tickets.
sometimes we went to a free club called 'kiss' very close to our hotel to kill time until it was 1 or 2 am to get to the big clubs. in retrospective kiss was a terrible place ? it became sankeys later i think.

on sunday of our trip three of my friends went to 'we love sunday's at space' very early in the day - i think it was 10 o'clock in the morning, is that possible?! me and a friend were still hungover from the night before and didn't go. i remember one of my friends coming back to the hotel in the early afternoon, still having sea grass in his pants cause he had sex in the sea with a girl he met at space and he was like super excited to go back asap. so i got myself ready to get to the party too and it was the best decision ever. while dancing on the (back then still half open) sunset terrace i totally fell in love with that place. sven väth was having shots at the bar right beside me and was dancing like crazy.
over the years my most unforgettable nights in ibiza i had at space, including its closing - missing that club so much ?

on monday we did manumission, which was the most expensive party back then. it was the last year we paid with pesos, in 2002 it was euro already i think. to enter the impressive mainfloor of privilege for the first time was unforgettable and animation in general was out of this world on the island and in particular at privilege. i remember in 2002 and 2003 when coming back drunk from the parties i stole the posters at the walls of the soul train bar cause i was so obsessed with the parties. still have some posters of manumission, subliminal sessions, we love sunday's at space at home ... and now thinking of it, i even used one for my profile pic in this forum.

tuesday i think we went to 'el divino' (today's lío). i remember i really liked the special interior design and i was fascinated of the beautiful dancers and beautiful people there in general.

but my most special ibiza club moment in the first year was when roger sanchez played 'another chance' at pacha. had goosebumps all over and it throws me back to that moment everytime i listen to it.

i'm not sure if we went to café del mar already in the first year, but the first time enjoying the sunset and chill out sound there was just magic. and i can't remember where i got my first hierbas after a dinner, but still like to drink it very much (even that head ache the next day gets worse every time).

since my first time the island has a big place in my heart and i went back almost every year. i'm happy i got the chance to experience it. and like others already wrote: ibiza actually changed my life and it influenced my taste of music very much. i'm very thankful for that.

Last edited:
Back