DJs that used to be good (but lost it)

Iam going to see him at the Round house in a few weeks time ....

Proctor was found not guilty though, but I did watch his FB video rant the other day, remember him at Promised Land but met him in Ibiza last year, first impressions were not great.

For me it's Seb Fontain, Morillo and Fat Boy Slim

Totally agree with you about Morillo and Fat Boy slim bit Seb Fontaine absolutely not. Seen him numerous times in the last few years and he has been absolutely top notch.

Totally agree with you about Morillo and Fat Boy slim bit Seb Fontaine absolutely not. Seen him numerous times in the last few years and he has been absolutely top notch.

Seb Fontaine was the ultimate bandwagon jumper. From house to hand bag to hard bag to trance to prog house to classics as he plays now. He was referred to as dead mundane following Oakenfold with his cream and then radio one residency. But I have to say I have enjoyed his metamorphosis’ over the years. He’s done it better then most.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eddie Halliwell has pretty much disappeared apart from the odd classics set here and there. They must hit a peak and then it’s downhill from there.
Listen to his fire it up podcasts they are still up there pounding techno. I agree he has got lost though maybe he's just settling down now? He is probably my all time favourite sad!

Have u been in ibz clubs? :D

Roger S still play nice house music even we can complain about the same tracks overplayed but better sqme goood trcks than boring tracks .
he used to play edm ibz 12 at cafe ole at space.

i hated all dimitri from paris sets ive been last 3 years except last ones at glitterbox this year.

Danny T played some tech house with few house flavors, i hated it paradise ibz 16 but ok now.

Erick morillo didnt played house anymore but music is still ok..2003 subliminal turned into commercial stuff but its still ok music.

FBS is pure SHit i do agree :lol: i left amnesia right away ...last year..

Alfredo is still good.

AVB pure SHIT !

and what about less branded djs? in ibiza? the big names had enough PR ....

Zoo project residents? Jean Cedric? Milou? Deffex?..
Ego lio Mr Doris former space residents for those that pay attention to bottom of lineup, we love space....
& so on, i heard a dj at club 107 , i forgot his name that played good house even better from djs at Pikes hotel...

Always amazes me at the longevity of some DJs and how they have kept relevant. Thinking of your Carl Cox, Sven Vath, Sasha and Digweed etc.

What DJs do you think have lost it and failed to progress, keep relevant or just turned a bit shit?

I'll start with Paul Oakenfold.
I saw him @ NOLA 3 weeks ago and he had a great set (a bit too pop, but I guess that's because he was playing in the US)

Dimitri from Paris.

His Monsieur Dimitris De-Luxe House of Funk mix Mixmag album was and still is a masterpiece. He appears to play nothing but the same disco edits or well known house tunes these days.
He was complete shit when I went at Gliterbox this summer...

in defence of Dimitri. I once saw him turn up at Turnmills for soul heaven (?) in a full tux and remember thinking "o-oh, what are you doing man?" before he then proceeded to destroy the dancefloor, brilliantly fusing disco and house the way it should be done. One of the best sets I ever heard. It was around that time when the likes of dennis ferrer, kerri chandler and quentin harris were making banger after banger - church lady, sandcastles, bar y thym, let's be young etc - awesome records i'd be humming at work for weeks after and pretty much every big gun DJ was falling over themselves to play those records. I think it isn't necessarily the big room DJs' fault that they seem in decline. DJs are getting older, they're losing touch and fewer 'big room' records are coming off the production line now (or at least people aren't releasing them commercially - why bother? do you know how long the queue is for a vinyl pressing plant now?) possibly also because the whole nature of clubbing has changed and the new audiences don't want to hear BIG TUNES now so what do you instead? - you have to play kak to survive. I think Kenny Dope realises this which is why his IBZ persona has sweet jack shit to do with early MAW.

Back