DJing advice please!

Robder

I've not delved into DJ-ing for years...and I'd like to give it another go - purely for self indulgent reasons (and a boredom of fads - Resident Advisor was all about minimal last year - they've ALL suddenly gone disco because it's cool :rolleyes: :lol: - why can't people just play what they like?)

I'm not remotely interested in the technicalities - more the selecting.

Soooo - anyone know of a decent DJing software package that automatically beat mixes tracks and takes away the headache so I can get on with the important stuff? :lol:

I use traktor scratch pro.

It can automatically beat mixes tracks as you ask but I still do it the old fashonew way.

If you don't have any equipment I'd reccermend the NUMARK OMNI CONTROL at £250

I've not delved into DJ-ing for years...and I'd like to give it another go - purely for self indulgent reasons (and a boredom of fads - Resident Advisor was all about minimal last year - they've ALL suddenly gone disco because it's cool :rolleyes: :lol: - why can't people just play what they like?)

I'm not remotely interested in the technicalities - more the selecting.

Soooo - anyone know of a decent DJing software package that automatically beat mixes tracks and takes away the headache so I can get on with the important stuff? :lol:

I disagree... RA was all about the deep house last year.

Thanks!

Eek - i have no idea how to download this...it just takes me into Limewire and then nothing happens. :confused:

you need to have a torrent client like (utorrent/azureus) installed on your computer in order to download the file.

jesus christ......!! if you cant mix then why are you wanting to dj???
can i be so stupid as to ask what the "important stuff" is???
tracklisting????

??????:arrow:

I agree with Disco.

Why DJ if you don't mix? That's where the buzz comes from.....when you get that mix just right and drop it to perfection......great feeling.

Although the crashes come also and thats not good:oops:, a computer programme will stop that happening, but its still not the same as mixing yourself.

:evil::evil::evil:BEWARE of LIMEWIRE!!!!!!!:evil::evil:

Dodgy and bad programing on the Limewire site will corrupt your computer and shut it down.

I agree with Disco.

Why DJ if you don't mix? That's where the buzz comes from.....when you get that mix just right and drop it to perfection......great feeling.

Although the crashes come also and thats not good:oops:, a computer programme will stop that happening, but its still not the same as mixing yourself.

:evil::evil::evil:BEWARE of LIMEWIRE!!!!!!!:evil::evil:

Dodgy and bad programing on the Limewire site will corrupt your computer and shut it down.

:lol:

It's a mix for me, me, me and me (and anyone who shares my tastes).

I've no one to perform in front of and the only ego I'm stroking if I pull off that 'grrrreat mix' is mine. :lol:

...and because I couldn't give a monkeys about these things I'd rather embrace technology and focus my energy on selecting.

It's only a bloody project so lay off with your snobbery! :lol:

David Mancuso is one of my fave DJs in the world and he doesn't mix so shove that up your hoop. :p :lol: ;)

I disagree... RA was all about the deep house last year.

Exactly - faddy niche b*llox because "no one's listening to that any more." :rolleyes:

I'm 30 now I don't have to be cool.

As much as I love deep house like the next person, if I like listening to old skool rave withint the confines of my flat then I'll play it thankyouverymuch. :lol:

(and yes I am ranting for the sake of it)

i've got 3 Technics 1200s

in my wardrobe. :cry:

i've got 2 Pioneer CDJ1000s & an Allen & Heath mixer in my living room.

never get used because i spend my life chatting sh*t on forums & getting p*ssed. :cry:

Back