DJ Mag Top 100 DJs 2009 - Results

Everyone needs to vote for the true legend that is Jimmy Saville and show the ridiculousness of this bull**t ego parade

You are placing the following vote. Please check it carefully and click "Next" if you are sure this is the vote you want to place. If not, click "back" to change your vote. By clicking "Confirm" you will generate an email that will be sent to the email address you've provided, which will contain a validation link. You MUST click on the validation link for your vote to count.

1. Jimmy Saville

Done

DJ History even back up this claim. :eek: :lol:

Apparently pre Francis Grasso - Saville was genuinely one of the first.

The only conclusion I can draw from these lists is that I am over the hill, a has-been without a cause, an inconsequential fart with tastes shared only by a few balding, bespectacled geeks on the fringes of hoxton and berlin, an utter irrelevance amongst the army of hipsters and hucksters now calling the shots on the nation's cooler dancefloors. It's all over. The game's up. Time to retire to the pub or the back to '91 annual reunion circuit.

ditto for me also (apart from the balding, bespectacled geek bit....)
that list is the biggest load of bull**** ever.....!!
till next year.....

I heard Theo Parrish and Moodymann destroyed pacha yesterday

that I would seriously like to have experienced

if these polls had any meaning - they would be top 5 year after year

I couldn't care less to be frank. A glorified popularity contest. I wouldn't waste my own bandwidth on my Sky Internet connection.

I heard Theo Parrish and Moodymann destroyed pacha yesterday

that I would seriously like to have experienced

if these polls had any meaning - they would be top 5 year after year

Really?

Who from, more details etc.

Would have given a limb to have seen theo parrish, blitzed, staggering about the booth yet some how piecing it all together. amazing dj.

October 27th 2010

Ministry of Sound, London & Sankeys, Manchester

After an unprecedented voting period that saw Top 100 DJs receive over half a million votes from 235 different countries, it's nearly time to announce 2010's World Number One DJ! The definitive DJ poll has once again proved itself as the only poll that counts, and with this year's epic voting figures in mind we thought 2010 deserved TWO massive awards parties…

Also, to ensure neither party misses out on a set from the newly crowned World's Number 1 DJ, we have chartered a helicopter to transport the winner from London to Manchester in time for the final set at Sankeys!

Legendary DJ Boy George will be on hand to present the awards between 11:30pm and midnight at London's Ministry of Sound, whilst DJs the likes of Sasha, Deadmau5 (unhooked), Afrojack, Fedde Le Grand, Laidback Luke, Jerome Isma-ae and Eddie Halliwell entertain the sellout crowd. With innovative nightlife film crew be-at.tv also on board for the evening, the awards will not only be streamed live to international fans via the internet, but also to the waiting crowd at the recently voted World's Number One Club, Sankeys!

Completing the Manchester line-up, Gareth Emery, Ferry Corsten and Mat Zo will be smashing it out before the winner touches down to round off proceedings, whilst Sankeys residents Greg Vickers, OD Muzique and Ellesse complete the night's musical showcase in the intimate upstairs room, Spektrum.

So with undeniably the hugest line-up of the year, cross country celebrations and a bona-fide legend presenting the worthy DJ's accolades, DJmag Top 100 DJs look set to cause bigger roadblocks than ever next month… Entry is strictly first come first served, don't forget to get down there early!

MARK OCTOBER 27TH FIRMLY IN YOUR DIARIES NOW!

Line–Ups and Set Times

Ministry of Sound

Main Room

Jerome Isma-ae 9pm – 10pm

Sasha 10pm -11:30pm

Winner 11:30pm - Midnight

Deadmau5 (unhooked) 1pm – 3pm

Bar

Letsmix.com Competition Winner 9pm – 9:30pm

Afrojack 9:30pm – 11:30pm

Fedde Le Grand 11:30pm – 1am

Laidback Luke 1am – 3am

Eddie Halliwell 3pm - close

Loft - Hosted by KoolWaters

Marc Vedo

Boy George

So Called Scumbags

Sankeys

Main Room

Mat Zo 10pm – 11:30pm

Gareth Emery 11:30pm – 1:30am

Ferry Corsten 1:30am – 3:30am

Winner 3:30am – 5am

Spektrum (Upstairs) – Hosted by Sankeys Residents

Greg Vickers

Ellesse

OD Musique

Next year we should all vote for a fake DJ and get him in to the charts.

Facebook group and a viral campaign. Let's get DJ Fake to number 1.

on the strength of what I heard on Saturday night, I would be sorely tempted to vote for the godfather of cosmic disco, Daniele Baldelli. Fantastic selections, smacked out sub120 tunes you've never heard of, transporting you into hyperspace, and for 3 hours distracting you from the fact you are actually in a slightly shabby pub on bethnal green road. A true don, master and educator.

Back