DIXON Presents... TRANSMODERNA @ Pacha 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn’t that the norm for any night though?
I would say, on balance most parties generally have a 55/45 split. Others swing a lot more heavily towards men. But there are still a handful where the split is 50/50.

Just saw that a Dixon curated EP called Transmoderna, is released on 20 September.

Tracklist
A1 Âme feat. Mathew Jonson - Transmoderna
A2 Echonomist - Back To Mine
B1 Trikk - Marazul
B2 Frank Wiedemann & Roman Flügel - Tears On The Dancefloor

dixon-transmoderna-ibiza-innervisions-ame-roman-flugel-art.jpg

What time has Transmoderna been ending at on the Saturday morning? Just trying to get an idea what time the closing party might kick out at :).

So...somewhat unexpectedly (looong story) caught about 2-3 hours of this on Friday. Managed to sort out a free guestie last min for 3 of us, which given the time i didn't think we could take up but in the end so glad we did. Caught some of the live act SRVD who were diabolical - an utterly bizarre addition to the lineup. Then thankfully Dixon came on and blew more than a few minds with a trademark selection of emotional and highly dramatic German house. Endless sound effects, explosions, thunderclaps, wailing, interspersed with some killer 4/4. Top sound/lighting too. I didn't recognise anything, didn't have phone on me and would dearly love to id at least 8 tracks but hey ho.

I felt privileged last week to get to experience who i consider the 2 finest djs on the island in terms of their musical range, knowledge and ability to mesmerise a room. Harvey and Dixon are very different but are both masters of their trade and who above all remind me of why I got into music in the first place. Good tunes & good times.

So...somewhat unexpectedly (looong story) caught about 2-3 hours of this on Friday. Managed to sort out a free guestie last min for 3 of us, which given the time i didn't think we could take up but in the end so glad we did. Caught some of the live act SRVD who were diabolical - an utterly bizarre addition to the lineup. Then thankfully Dixon came on and blew more than a few minds with a trademark selection of emotional and highly dramatic German house. Endless sound effects, explosions, thunderclaps, wailing, interspersed with some killer 4/4. Top sound/lighting too. I didn't recognise anything, didn't have phone on me and would dearly love to id at least 8 tracks but hey ho.

I felt privileged last week to get to experience who i consider the 2 finest djs on the island in terms of their musical range, knowledge and ability to mesmerise a room. Harvey and Dixon are very different but are both masters of their trade and who above all remind me of why I got into music in the first place. Good tunes & good times.

So glad you enjoyed. I just so hope this is back next year...

Just out of interest, how varied are Dixon's sets in terms of playing different tracks from week to week?

I did two in a row and I’d say very varied. Of course the odd “in vogue” tune I.e. Starting Again - &Me, and say Echonomist- Back To Mine. But even then they are weaved In differently than the week before etc. I think I could go to this every week and not get bored. @stivi has probably been to the most of these, so can probably comment more than me.

I did two in a row and I’d say very varied. Of course the odd “in vogue” tune I.e. Starting Again - &Me, and say Echonomist- Back To Mine. But even then they are weaved In differently than the week before etc. I think I could go to this every week and not get bored. @stivi has probably been to the most of these, so can probably comment more than me.
Thanks for replying, I was hoping that would be the answer. See what @stivi has to say.

Anybody know the track id that transmoderna keep posting on there trippyyyyy instagram videos.

It's on there latest post if anybody has heard it yet.

dunno if Dixon got there first but sounds like every man and his dog has been playing 'drums of steel' this summer (I heard it out myself for first time last weekend) - not subtle but certainly effective

dunno if Dixon got there first but sounds like every man and his dog has been playing 'drums of steel' this summer (I heard it out myself for first time last weekend) - not subtle but certainly effective
Mentioned it a few weeks back, but it just blew my mind hearing it on that sound system in Pacha (general atmosphere/reaction of the crowd and certain substances might have helped of course...).
It’s finally released now and I must say, having the volume turned way up listening to it, it still does the job for me ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back