DIXON Presents... TRANSMODERNA @ DC10 2020

This is a good point. I do think that had it stayed at Pacha it could have grown into one of those parties that attracted people for the music, but a good mix of some hipsters, arty types, people in gimp outfits (there were a few) etc.

Yeah it’s about the music, but sometimes a mix of people is good and slightly lacking from a lot of parties that just attract a narrow demographic in Ibiza these days.

All of the above could happen at DC10, or it could just be a bunch of us 100% into the music, and Transmoderna will be less about the “higher concept”. And if that’s the outcome, that’s great too.

I’ve long said Pacha and DC10 are my two favourite clubs for what they offer, so as long as it’s in one of the two, I’m a happy man.

The truth is it should have probably started at DC10 for a few years and then eventually could have expanded at Pacha.

Amusing how everyone always thinks everyone else is a hipster.. i don't know if i've ever seen any hipsters in ibz, or at least certainly not like the folk i knew in hackney. (usually chasing the next thing, which probably currently means josey revelle or whoever at some secret art rave installation in a Belarus nuclear plant). Whereas the dixon crowd i saw were an intriguing mix of camera snappy tourists, RA diehards, rich kids, spanish caners and chancers like us on a free pass.

One thing I gleaned from last Sept is that Dixon loves his dramatic tunes. In the old days, he mixed up German and detroit house in more conventional 4/4 sets and stuff but his sound has really shifted. Expect loads of eerie effects and explosive interludes. Wailing, firecrackers, repressed kickdrums you name it! I didn't recognise anything. He swerves classics completely.
he plays lots of KeineMusik, Rampa, stuff which i love

Interesting move, don’t know if DC10 is a bit too much of a ‘dirty’ vibe to suit Dixon and the whole concept around this night but we shall see.

Interesting move, don’t know if DC10 is a bit too much of a ‘dirty’ vibe to suit Dixon and the whole concept around this night but we shall see.

Somebody may be able to correct me, but before his residency at Pacha last year, I’d imagine DC10 is the club in Ibiza he’d played the most over the years.

It's all about the garden... People want to be outside on holiday.. blame the Mexicans. Tulmun is leading the way now for parties.. bloody jungle

It's all about the garden... People want to be outside on holiday.. blame the Mexicans. Tulmun is leading the way now for parties.. bloody jungle

I love a bit of outside action as much as the next person. But as much as I love DC10, I’ve never really got the obsession with the Garden area. It’s some wooden decking with some bars around the edges. Looks like the backyard area of a British Pub.

True and last time I was there it was 2003 probably only stayed less than an hour. To busy. But I'm sure they can give the garden and much needed refit.. Tulum style party's in Ibiza would definitely sell to the insta lot for the extra $$$.. I don't think Dixon will want any wonky decking,.

The garden in DC10 is not about the deco though, it’s about the vibe which accompanied by great music makes it one the best dance spots on the island. I doubt it will be open for Transmoderna, unless it has an early start, being a night time event it will have to comply with regulations. Still, great venue choice from Dixon!

well, seeing paradise (nota bene dc10's busiest event in the past few years) only opened the garden for their opening and closing, I personally don‘t expect transmoderna to use the garden as a dancefloor.

prove me wrong though, I‘d actually quite like if it did open early and outdoor

Back