DIXON Presents... TRANSMODERNA @ DC10 2020

mr_why

The old Pacha thread is redundant... the cat is out of the bag... Dixon moves to DC10.

Excited?

interesting move but I wonder if this might not be every Friday or for that long of a season ... Time will tell I guess

Holy god, what a move! Really hope it starts at the end of May, although I suspect it could be a bit later.

IMO this really is the perfect fit.

I can only see a very comfortably busy DC10, with a great crowd and without a doubt good music. What's not to like!? Great signing by the DC10 crew!

I mean I loved Transmoderna at Pacha the few times I went, and I think it could have grown there with another season.

However, I am SO excited about this move to DC10, and great that it is still on a Friday. It is also probably a better fit for its crowd, and where it looks like they want to take this night.

really enjoyed his set at pacha last summer (despite the godawful guest) but DC10 is evidently not pitched at me or my crowd, so I can't see us returning somehow. Maybe he'll pull in a decent following but I don't know anyone who would go to this venue nowadays. a shame because the music will be top drawer and he is a cut above the rest of the pack. maybe maybe if I could get a few squeezes again it might happen, but unlikely.

really enjoyed his set at pacha last summer (despite the godawful guest) but DC10 is evidently not pitched at me or my crowd, so I can't see us returning somehow. Maybe he'll pull in a decent following but I don't know anyone who would go to this venue nowadays. a shame because the music will be top drawer and he is a cut above the rest of the pack. maybe maybe if I could get a few squeezes again it might happen, but unlikely.

when have you been last time? might be time to give it another chance, I'm serious

I was tempted to try Dixon last year at Pacha, but my only Thursday night last year on the island did not give me any chance...

The move is certainly exciting and I'm happy Dixon stays on the island, but, to be honest, I can't see how the night could do better at DC10 compare to Pacha. DC10 is far from the old port and it's clearly not for everybody (as you go older, you take less drugs habitually...)

In my opinion, Dixon would fit better at Heart (crowd and location)

I was tempted to try Dixon last year at Pacha, but my only Thursday night last year on the island did not give me any chance...

The move is certainly exciting and I'm happy Dixon stays on the island, but, to be honest, I can't see how the night could do better at DC10 compare to Pacha. DC10 is far from the old port and it's clearly not for everybody (as you go older, you take less drugs habitually...)

In my opinion, Dixon would fit better at Heart (crowd and location)

sorry, but that 'far from the port' point is BS. years ago when the port was actually still important, ok...but nowadays, no way.

I also think it's a good fit and I think it will do good in dc10 and will appeal to a slighter wider audience.
I never went but the impression I got from transmoderna at pacha was a little bit posh/hipster/upper class (I can't think of a good way to describe what I mean)

Will it just be main room, or terrace too?
I'm assuming they will make use of the garden?

no I don‘t think so. dixon has a pretty long history of playing dc10 and I think it‘s the perfect fit.
First time I ever saw Dixon was in DC10 in June 2010 and it was indeed a perfect fit. Massive fan of him ever since.

Back