Decline of ibiza

basher

Here we go

Right before i say my piece , i've been to ibiza 5 times since 2004 i absolutely love the place the clubs , the sunsets , the atmosphere the island is electric and a really special place

My argument is that while that whilst there's always been a drug problem on the island it's only really being tackled by the new authorities and is affecting ibiza in a major way i don't use drugs never have and people who do i keep my opinions to myself but here's what i think should be happening

for a start the island is ridiculously expensive clubs are paying dj's tens of thousands of pounds a set therefore obviously clubs are trying to cover the overheads by stinging clubbers left right and centre , the top dj's in interviews have said what a shame it is what's affecting the island etc , maybe if dj's lowered there prices clubs could lower there's therefore clubber's wouldn't feel the need to use drugs as a cheap option to drinking your bank balance dry in the clubs

the dj's and club owners need to have a look at themselves and start appreciating the people who made the island what it has become

please leave feedback if you agree and if you thimk i'm talking ****e feel free to to tell me

Here we go

Right before i say my piece , i've been to ibiza 5 times since 2004 i absolutely love the place the clubs , the sunsets , the atmosphere the island is electric and a really special place

My argument is that while that whilst there's always been a drug problem on the island it's only really being tackled by the new authorities and is affecting ibiza in a major way i don't use drugs never have and people who do i keep my opinions to myself but here's what i think should be happening

for a start the island is ridiculously expensive clubs are paying dj's tens of thousands of pounds a set therefore obviously clubs are trying to cover the overheads by stinging clubbers left right and centre , the top dj's in interviews have said what a shame it is what's affecting the island etc , maybe if dj's lowered there prices clubs could lower there's therefore clubber's wouldn't feel the need to use drugs as a cheap option to drinking your bank balance dry in the clubs

the dj's and club owners need to have a look at themselves and start appreciating the people who made the island what it has become

please leave feedback if you agree and if you thimk i'm talking ****e feel free to to tell me

Getting a feeling of déjà vu here.

Fair points but it's not the DJs that are to blame for the prices- it's down to the clubs and promoters. They don't pay the DJs as much as they used to in the ''Superstar DJ'' era in the late 90's.

Blame the clubs for continually raising the drink prices- of course people are going to take drugs when they can be bought cheaper than a vodka limon!

you have made a couple of fair points:)
but im struggling with your chosen title 'decline of ibiza'

if you dont go clubbing and spending a bomb on overpriced tariffs and drinks then there really is no such thing as a decline of ibiza:):)

i still find the island totally magical, enchanting, fascinating, peaceful etc etc the list could just go on.. but nowhere could i describe it as declining!
i could look at it and say oh ibiza isnt how it used to be and all that jazz coz from when i first went clubbing there in 91.. it isnt at all like that now.. just like i guess those who rocked up there in the 60's and 70's could say oh ibiza isnt like it used to be.. and families that have lived there for generations could say the same.. but then nothing stays the same, everything changes, evolves, moves, alters.. its life, everything is temporary

i agree maybe using decline was harsh but the authorities are meddling too much they should get a grip , ibiza is amazing like and i certainly am an ibiza freak i love the place and it does make me angry all these new rules and posts slating bora bora etc i mind 2005 summer @ bora bora place was amazing i just stood there and thought holy **** what a place then i went to space i could hardly breathe with excitement day of the new terrace opening

Lazyboy-Cool-Chair.gif
istockphoto_3197630_popcorn.jpg

The fact of the matter is the authorities are "getting a grip", which is why there are stringent controls now in place.

What do you expect them to do? They are the authorities and they will police disturbances and drug taking. Like it or not, if you indulge, these are the risks. Just cos you're on Ibiza why do you think they will make an excepion?

Clubs have always been expensive, it gives Brits something to moan about.

The more you think about the new laws, the better the future appears.

Obviously the politicians are dreaming of the St Tropez crowd suddenly wanting to visit Ibiza En Masse which won't happen any time soon.

If the tightening of the laws sends the message to the hoards of travelling chavs that Ibiza is not a place where you can come and snort charlie off the pavements then it has to be for the better.

Reading about defendants using "I'm in Ibiza I can do anything here" as their defence to drugs charges in court indicates that things were out of control imhaho.

By the sound of things the after party situation sounds reminiscent of the period here in the UK when repetitive sounding beats were outlawed and gatherings of 3 or more people was illegal! Parties are being busted all over Ibiza yet I imagine those so inclined are still able to find somewhere to party 'after hours' :)

A fine example :spank:

Here You Go!

A 24 year old Irish woman was arrested last week, in possession of 100 ecstasy tablets. The incident occurred as the woman was trying enter a popular club in the Playa den Bossa area with seven friends, also all Irish. As is usually the custom the doorman asked her whether she was carrying any drugs, and to his surprise the woman replied in the affirmative and produced a bag with the tablets inside from her bra. The doorman quickly called the police who were soon at the club to make the arrest.

The woman claimed the tablets were for personal use and that she and her friends had agreed to buy 20 tablets for their night out. However the dealer made them a special offer, presumably because the sales are currently in progress, and offered the girls 100 tablets at a knockdown price of €250. They accepted and bought the drugs. The woman spent just one night in jail before her father flew in to the island and paid the bail which had been set at €4,000 by the judge. The girl gave the names of all of her friends, all of whom had been located and questioned, and are all due to appear in court this week. It is not known why the woman showed the drugs to the doorman, but the public prosecution service claimed many people thought the selling and consumption of drugs within Spain, was legal.

Here You Go!

A 24 year old Irish woman was arrested last week, in possession of 100 ecstasy tablets. The incident occurred as the woman was trying enter a popular club in the Playa den Bossa area with seven friends, also all Irish. As is usually the custom the doorman asked her whether she was carrying any drugs, and to his surprise the woman replied in the affirmative and produced a bag with the tablets inside from her bra. The doorman quickly called the police who were soon at the club to make the arrest.

The woman claimed the tablets were for personal use and that she and her friends had agreed to buy 20 tablets for their night out. However the dealer made them a special offer, presumably because the sales are currently in progress, and offered the girls 100 tablets at a knockdown price of €250. They accepted and bought the drugs. The woman spent just one night in jail before her father flew in to the island and paid the bail which had been set at €4,000 by the judge. The girl gave the names of all of her friends, all of whom had been located and questioned, and are all due to appear in court this week. It is not known why the woman showed the drugs to the doorman, but the public prosecution service claimed many people thought the selling and consumption of drugs within Spain, was legal.

I'm sorry but :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Here You Go!

read that myself, in fairness anyone so stupid deserves to be locked up for this:eek:

This sounds a bit patronising but what I am starting to realise (after my weekend at V) is that things do change and you can sit there and think oh its not as good as it used to be or you can just enjoy it and make it what you want.

I guess what I am trying to say is if you really dont like somewhere dont go there but just remember the good memories not the bad.

Here You Go!

Prohibition has never worked and will never work, period. But this story is crazy, perhaps she was already off her cake?

mixmag proves my last thread right thankyou!

in my last thread "the decline of ibiza" i stated that whilst clubs are paying dj's a ludicrous amount of money it's the clubbers who are getting stung in the pocket and some opting for drugs which the authorities are cracking down on

neilly 303 basically told me i was talking rubbish

anyway after a wet weekend in the highlands of scotland with my september issue of mixmag , an article headlined "BATTLE FOR THE ISLANDS SOUL" danny whittle manager @ pacha says " the dj's are at fault we have to cover the cost of our talent , clubbers have already paid up to 70euros to get in the door and DJ'S IN IBIZA DEMAND HUGE FIXED FEES in part because most don't get a cut of the massive bar proceeds. the more money a club makes on the bar the moore dj's can ask for , creating a price spiral where the only losers are the true clubbers

exactly what my thread said

if djs in Ibiza demanded HUGE fees as you and Danny say they woulnd't be playing in Ibiza.
every dj wants to play in Ibiza so he cuts down on his fees there.he will make money elsewhere;)

danny whittle manager @ pacha says " the dj's are at fault we have to cover the cost of our talent , clubbers have already paid up to 70euros to get in the door and DJ'S IN IBIZA DEMAND HUGE FIXED FEES in part because most don't get a cut of the massive bar proceeds. the more money a club makes on the bar the moore dj's can ask for , creating a price spiral where the only losers are the true clubbers

Well he would say that wouldn't he? Think about it. A promoter selling tickets at 40 Euro a pop will take at least 280K in a night @ Pacha. Do you think they can't afford to book the DJs with those kind of takings so they have to stick an extra 30 Euro on the ticket and make some more? Danny Whittle is passing the buck.

The DJs that play Ibiza gig worldwide. How come only in Ibiza it's extortionate to go clubbing?

Greed, that's why.

Mixmag is the Smash Hits of dance music. The journos that write for it haven't got a clue.

Last edited by a moderator:
therefore clubber's wouldn't feel the need to use drugs as a cheap option to drinking your bank balance dry in the clubs

I personally do not believe people take stuff as a sub to alcohol just to save money. People take it because its make them feel better and enhances their enjoyment.

I may be wrong but that is my opinon.

Back