Decline of ibiza

i said to my mates in 2005 sitting on the beach outside bar M , if clubbers boycotted ibiza for one year surely that would set alarm bells ringing and enforce changes majorly

but i was pissin in the wind wi that idea because we keep going back year after year and paying the crazy prices

tiesto got paid £10,000 for a 3 hour set @ amnesia in 2004 absolutely ridiculous

paul oakenfold was also quoted in mixmag saying ibiza's went downhill and pricing true clubbers out the ibiza scene and that las vegas is the way forward , personally can't see anywhere in the world replacing ibiza and for the fact that paul oakenfold may be a legend but if you ask me he's rubbish

i said to my mates in 2005 sitting on the beach outside bar M , if clubbers boycotted ibiza for one year surely that would set alarm bells ringing and enforce changes majorly

but i was pissin in the wind wi that idea because we keep going back year after year and paying the crazy prices

tiesto got paid £10,000 for a 3 hour set @ amnesia in 2004 absolutely ridiculous

paul oakenfold was also quoted in mixmag saying ibiza's went downhill and pricing true clubbers out the ibiza scene and that las vegas is the way forward , personally can't see anywhere in the world replacing ibiza and for the fact that paul oakenfold may be a legend but if you ask me he's rubbish

Tiesto getting paid 10K is a lot of money, but not to the promoters when you think about how much they actually make off the pre sale.

Theres no main rival to Ibiza for clubbing- nowhere else even comes close, so we keep going back year after year and they charge us what they like! I don't know I thought the prices weren't too bad this year..

But when you hear stories like 70 Euro for F*ck Me I'm Famous and 80 Euro for Cocoon Closing party you know it just comes down to greed...

I don't think Las Vegas or anywhere else could replace Ibiza- theres no beaches in Vegas for a start :)

some clubs rip the absolute ****e like space and pacha being the worst

i totally agree that no other place could remotely come close to ibiza others mentioned were croatia and romania but your theory on beaches is correct sunset strip and benirras are naturally mindblowing places

clubs are obviously stilll raking it in after the dj fees but theres gotta be some slack fi the dj's somewhere along the line

some clubs rip the absolute ****e like space and pacha being the worst

i totally agree that no other place could remotely come close to ibiza others mentioned were croatia and romania but your theory on beaches is correct sunset strip and benirras are naturally mindblowing places

clubs are obviously stilll raking it in after the dj fees but theres gotta be some slack fi the dj's somewhere along the line

Your right about Pacha but they don't give a sh1t, people will always go there and it's marketed towards (and attracts to a certain extent) a higher class of clientele than somewhere like Privilege for example. To a good few people that go to Pacha- 70 Euro will be like 70p to us.

At least Amnesia have dropped their drink prices a couple of Euros and Eden now do a pass out and have a water vending machine outside. Can't complain at that!

yeah i seen that about eden on this site that's what you call clubs tryin to make an effort i just find pacha full of posers more worried about what they're wearing than having a good time

eden was well impressive this year taking a new dimention to san an but you still get the chavs kicking the arse out the free drinks offers in the west end

i just feel that ibiza's fighting a losing battle but i could be wrong only time will tell but it'd be a cryin shame if it went the way the stories are saying

yeah i seen that about eden on this site that's what you call clubs tryin to make an effort i just find pacha full of posers more worried about what they're wearing than having a good time

eden was well impressive this year taking a new dimention to san an but you still get the chavs kicking the arse out the free drinks offers in the west end

i just feel that ibiza's fighting a losing battle but i could be wrong only time will tell but it'd be a cryin shame if it went the way the stories are saying

Pachas not my kind of place at all. It's a beautiful club but the music just aint my cup of tea.

I regret not going to Eden this year. A PR rep put a free wristband on my arm one saturday night and invited us in. I always wanted to go to Electric Sex in the back room too but was really tired so thought **** it and walked on.

I've only ever been to Eden once before but I'm hearing good things about it so I'm definately gonna give it a chance next year!

Look, it's simple economics, supply and demand. If there are enough people willing to pay the prices it creates a market condition which sustains the price.

What point are you trying to make? you keep harping on about the price and that you are right.

Right about what? That you know you are being ripped off and still keep going back? If you feel that strongly about it stop being a part of the problem and start being part of the solution by not giving them your money.

Otherwise stop moaning about it and just enjoy it.

There's nothing to moan about, if you don't like it don't do it. If you do like it, enjoy.

just when did the entry prices start to get silly?

Does anyone know?

in 1996,for ministry of sound with tony humpries,i had one of the best night of my life in ibiza for.... 10000(maybe 8000) pesetas!!!!!10000 pesetas=50-60euros.....i go to ibiza since 1994,i always see silly price for pacha...

maybe in the late 80's when the laws were changed and clubs es paradis, Ku, amnesia etc had to get covered roofs etc people were all saying the same thing?? that it would not be the same etc etc

just a thought....

you only miss it if you have eperienced it... :)

jimmiz is right, it's cheaper to get into most clubs now than it was before.

a cocktail in most bars in PDB/ibiza town cost the same as 10 years ago

my wife is 42 and goes in ibiza clubs since 1986,she says that clubs price in ibiza were always mad...:spank:but we go every years:spank:....

jimmiz is right, it's cheaper to get into most clubs now than it was before.

a cocktail in most bars in PDB/ibiza town cost the same as 10 years ago

so in theory, the price is cheaper now than back then given no prices rises in 10 years.

so in theory, the price is cheaper now than back then given no prices rises in 10 years.

exactly!

and also with the increased competition, i.e. 3-4 club events every night, many parties use reduced price to attract punters. e.g. nearly all parties at space

exactly!

and also with the increased competition, i.e. 3-4 club events every night, many parties use reduced price to attract punters. e.g. nearly all parties at space

I always credit Space for this. Sure the big parties like Cocoon, Cream etc can charge the highest rate and still get full houses every week, but you have to give Space their dues for making it a bit easier for us and reducing the tickets- even free entry on some occasions.

These incentives definately get me going to Space!

exactly!

then why are people moaning!

IBIZA IS CHEAPER THAN WHEN YOUR PARENTS WENT!

Back