DC10 - Very Bad News

Status
Not open for further replies.
theres a text message circulating around announcing a march on august 4th (7pm in vara de rey) to protest for the recent closures :!:
as expected, the disco association of the balearics has announced through an official note on today's diario de ibiza and ultima hora (probably el mundo too) that they dont support the march because dc10 doesnt have the right licences and, even if they have been denounced several times by them and fined by the authorities, it has continued working clandestinely as a club :!::!:

5pfkmg.jpg

on a curious note:
· mention to the march on spotlight - june 25th (one day after the text was sent)
· mention to the march on IV - july 18th
only 23 days later. well done, you are improving . . . . .
according to the local tv (tef), the pro-dc10 march of this afternoon only attracted around 200 people..... keeping in mind we are at the beginning of august thats a complete disaster :!:

(specially if we compare it for example with the thousands and thousands and thousands of ibicencos that marched, in winter, against the motorways)

absolutely pointless as expected. theres no turning back..... in 2011, when we will have elections again, nobody will remember what an after hours was ! !

only 200 people? oh dear.....

Be interested to hear what the door price is for Circo Loco when it re-opens! So much choice on Monday though.......!

according to the local tv (tef), the pro-dc10 march of this afternoon only attracted around 200 people..... keeping in mind we are at the beginning of august thats a complete disaster :!:

(specially if we compare it for example with the thousands and thousands and thousands of ibicencos that marched, in winter, against the motorways)

absolutely pointless as expected. theres no turning back..... in 2011, when we will have elections again, nobody will remember what an after hours was ! !

only 200 people? oh dear.....

http://www.beatportal.com/feed/item/ibiza-clubbers-protest-on-the-street/
Ibiza clubbers protest on the street

5 August, 2008 | 5.25AM

Last night at about 7.30pm the roads came to a standstill in the centre of Ibiza, Spain but not because of the usual high volume of August tourist traffic.
It was the 400 or so protesters sitting in the middle of Vara de Rey street in Ibiza Town that caused the tail back.
“Libertad! Libertad! Libertad!” they shouted, which is Spanish for ‘freedom’.
But why do people in Ibiza feel their freedom is being taken away from them?

protest2.jpg

Red light: traffic comes to standstill in Ibiza Town
This year Ibiza’s authorities have banned afterhours parties on the famous party island by not allowing clubs to open before 4.30pm.
The hugely popular DC10 venue has also been ordered to stay closed for 60 days over drug and security allegations and villa parties and beach bars have also been shut down.
“They are trying to take away our freedom to party, and I have come here to fight against it,” said a man in a wheel chair.
“The authorities think that partying is bad for society, but we have a right to dance.
“People come here from all over the world to express themselves and celebrate life.
“Without tolerance the world would be a much darker place.” The man in the wheel chair was dressed as a woman.
Another protester told Beatportal that the new laws have had a detrimental effect on local businesses.
“I own a ticketing outlet and flyer company, but my business is suffering because the new laws have kept people away from the island this year,” he said.

protest3.jpg

Last straw: DC10’s closure was the catalyst
Visitor numbers are certainly down.
The protest had began next to the statue of General Vara de Rey in the centre of Vara de Rey square, before moving onto the streets into oncoming traffic.
There were large numbers of local journalists and TV crews capturing the demonstration, but a surprising lack of a police prescence.
Despite a large amount of publicity on Internet messageboards in the build up to the protest, the police didn’t show up until the crowd took to the streets, suggesting the authorities had wildly underestimated the size of it.
And the police remained docile, watching from the wings.
A few wielded batons and one protester was arrested for mouthing off at them, but on the whole the cops stayed out of the protester’s way.
Ibiza’s authorities this morning will no doubt be discussing the implications of the protest and what may have come as a surprise to them is the kaleidoscopic demographic of the protesters.

protest4.jpg

Dance music is the lifeblood of Ibiza
For a start the majority of protesters were Spanish and they chanted in Spanish, but Beatportal met French, Italians, Germans, Dutch, Australians, South Americans and English on the march.
We met hippies as old as 60, and families with children.
There were local business owners, artists and club dancers amongst the crowd and as such, it was an accurate cross section of Ibiza’s society and tourism trade.
It’s unlikely that the protest will force the government to rethink their policies, but as one informed source told Beatportal yesterday, they might not have any choice.
“The new laws are backfiring,” said our contact, who wished to remain anonymous.
“Rather than put an end to afterparties, they’ve actually fueled the illegal party scene.
“Clubbers used to congregate at only a few venues on the island, but now they’re at villas, on beaches and in the hills.
“They’re desperate to try and get rid of a certain type of tourist - namely clubbers - and attract richer, more affluent tourists but what they fail to realise is that the people that go to clubs, are also the ones that spend money on taxis, hotels, bars, restaurants and shops.”

so is DC10 getting the proper permits to stay open? otherwise won't they just keep on getting fined/shut down?

or according to el ste
5 times dc10's legal capacity
or
0.075% of the island's annual clubbing visitors.

btw i sent that free range hippy off with a flea in his ear on sunday - charged with making and unrequested tuneless racket at my lunch table (thankfully upwind of him) in the plaza del parque. and then asking for money!!!
free range hippy story

Last edited by a moderator:
btw i sent that free range hippy off with a flea in his ear on sunday - charged with making and unrequested tuneless racket at my lunch table (thankfully upwind of him) in the plaza del parque. and then asking for money!!!
free range hippy story
Oh you whinger! :spank:
Ive seen him in town loads of times with his recorder. I've never seen him collecting money though but Im sure he does.

your villa is immense. i didn't read the blog - got sidetracked by the pictures.

latest dc10-news just in:

THEORETICALLY, the date when their 2 months shut down period is over, is august 20. of course, the dc10-guys are trying their utmost to open on august 18 (or maybe already august 11?)!

rumours for the rest of the seasons are:

...circoloco twice a week...
...pandemonium friday nights (that's no rumour though)...
...a bi-weekly party on wednesday nights...

let's see what happens soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back