DC10 - Very Bad News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gutted

Can't believe the authorities have waited nearly a whole year before deciding they want to enforce the banning order.

Circo Loco and DC10 will never die - music and fun will triumph, eventually!

I wonder what the likelihood is of the authorities shutting Amnesia as well? That would be a real downer for my vacation. I'm keeping my fingers crossed....

not agaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin... :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:
wtf is going on with these guys???
if amnesia closes too,i'll probably call it off...

This isn't really a surprise is it? Where next though?...I wonder :eek:

not altogether shocking, but to close them at this time after a whole year:rolleyes:...and if half the rumours are true about who's next:x...i certainly go to ibiza for more than just the clubs, but if this continues i will be giving september a pass:cry:

is that really true in the ibiza voice article about tourist numbers being down 20%?? I don't know if they can really attribute that to the afterhours ban? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
tourist numbers are indeed down. early easter, bad weather, weak pound, high interest rates etc etc

i'm absolutely sure that some part of this is connected with the new draconian clubbing laws............though i wonder why menorca is having it rougher than ibiza and mallorca is doing much better when neither has a clubbing scene?

This is devastating to the island and to those of us who will be visiting Ibiza within the next 60 days. If Amnesia closes too, I'm not sure we want to go either, but it's not that easy cancelling a trip we've been planning for almost a year now. We're coming from a long way away ! For people like us, once we're there we make the effort to explore the island/go off the beaten track a bit/eat out etc etc but if it wasn't for the clubbing I wouldn't go at all. There are places much closer and much more affordable for us to visit that have similar activities to Ibiza minus the clubs. I am extremely worried now !

Does anybody have an email address for the authorities responsible so that we can write to voice our opinion? I am sure every little bit will help.

Edit: This happened last year too but it sounds more serious this time around. Any chance they will be able to sort it out by paying a fine or something?

Taryn

Last edited by a moderator:
i am absolutely devastated and totally gutted with this announcement, i am going 7 weeks today which will be 49 days so i'm gonna miss the best pary in the world..i think i may just cancel my holiday...this takes the piss..these spanish authorities are thick as **** i'm sorry...they are going about things the wrong way and spoiling peoples dreams of going to the 1 party that they look forward to all yr round...i mean this is 1 day of the year to a lot of people...some once in a lifetime. well i hope they suffer with tourism and they regret this decision...these people should be shot

it's a shame those people show no respect at all...most of us work very hard to have money to go out every year...they could have made this decision on winter instead they have chosen to do it now...
it really gives the impression that they still haven't realised that clubbers are a serious income to the island...
i hope Amnesia won't close cause if i remember right they had respected the decision last year and were closed for a whole month...
btw Stephen if Amnesia does close you''ll see numbers going down...really down next year...
i don't know what could happen to wake up the authorities...i don't believe that writing letter to them will help,they won't even read them...a big gathering outside the town hall maybe???
i don't know...all clubs must be united to this now cause it affects everyone in the end...most people that go to dc10 go to amnesia,to space,to pacha etc...if two of those close a big amount of the people will cancel their trips and this means loss for all of the clubs...
speaking for myself now,i'm really worried about this closure.i hoped they had seen that it was such a bad move closing the clubs during the high season without notice but repeating it this year seems really stupid and no respect to the around 400000 people who have planned and paid their holidays there...

well, I would hold off on booking as well. It's quite sad. We all know there is more to Ibiza than clubbing and the vast majority of us take the time to see the rest of the island but for most of us here, it's what made us go to Ibiza int he first place.

I'm going to hold off booking until a bit later. I was only planning on going over for a week or so in September, but was already a bit disappointed with the way the new laws are going.

I wonder if they will ever change back to how it used to be...

I can't beleive stephen thinks the laws are draconian... I thought stephen thought clubbers were just pests! :lol:

presumably this problem would not have arisen if dc10 had shown some respect for the law?

you're right but why deciding now instead of winter???

i imagine that if you close in january you lose about €5 in door and bar takings as opposed to €2 million in july and august. which loss would focus your mind more if you were mr. dc10???

is there any way of appealing this decision like last year...reopen in 52 days would be fine, i wanna be at circo loco on the 10th august...surely there must be a way

is there any way of appealing this decision like last year...reopen in 52 days would be fine, i wanna be at circo loco on the 10th august...surely here must be a way

I doubt it.. things are just getting more strict this year... no way would they turn around in the middle of the summer and say, "OK, DC10 can re open.. and while we're at it... let's just let the clubs open at 8:00 as well!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back