David Guetta @ the mobos

I don't "hate" you Naked Age. To hate someone involves investing some emotional capital - but why would I do that with what it is ultimately just a series of mismatched words on a bright screen?

you're just an irritant, like one of those flies that insists on hovering over your foccacia sandwich when you're in the pub garden.

and that really is all that is left to be said on this preposterous saga

why do you CONSTANTLY assume everyone in 'club culture' has less of an idea than you do? & how can you possibly say that my club nights or festival gigs (or anyone else's on this board for that matter) are of a 'standard that is low & that the music is so boring you need drugs & alcohol to enjoy it' when you have NEVER heard anything about them? you sit on here & complain that people judge you but YOU DO EXACTLY THE SAME THING!!!??:rolleyes:...... you are an insecure little turdhead that keeps getting defensive because you cant seem 2join the ranks..... get over it dood.....:rolleyes:

chill out & maybe you can make some friends??? or maybe not.... (??)

Why would I want you as friends if I'm going to get **** for being the kind of Dj I am?

That doesn't tell me you want to be friends, that tells me if I was someone who you could prosper you, then you'd want to be friends.

I'm passing judgement on what I've seen. Basically, I know it's not ALL bad, but it's a few bad eggs who ruin it for everyone. ... (Thats how Minimal and Electro came about I reckon but thats another story), point is, I'm not talking about the standard of music or lights or decore or even numbers of patrons. I'm talking about the quality of personality that enters.

If it's being run by people who think anyone who likes David Guetta is bellow them, then thats not a high standard. That's just another club night that will last a while and thats it. Music, lights, alcahol and drugs. Big whoop. Every where has that.
How can people be themselves if even on here, your judging me for who I am? They can't. You know what they then have to do? Pose. Ie: They are posers.
It's not even the posers I hate. It's the people who couldn't accept them for who they are and made them so insecure they felt the need to pose in the first place. The ones who say "wow if you like David Guetta you like sell out douche bag Dj's" meanwhile,
if they had half the success of David Guetta or Tiesto, I bet they'd be defending their success as well.

You run nights. I run parties. Theres a difference.

In your eyes, I'm a sell out. In my eyes, it's a dirty job but someone has to do it and I'm honoured they select me. Do you know how it feels when, like, the Drum & Bass scene or Minimal or Trance scene gets their hands on an un marked demo and they love it. But they don't want NakedAge to play, because he defends Djs like Tiesto and David Guetta? Because he thinks taking drugs to enjoy music is wrong. It's insulting. It shows that promoters choose politics over talent and then wonder why they are constantly hunting for Dj's who can bring 30 people but play **** every week and then have to find another **** little crew of 6 Djs the week after to do the same thing, instead of having 1 or 2 who can do the job properly and have the crowd WANT to come back the next week.

Yes I played Cotton Eye Joe and YMCA at raves, but thats because I could. Not because I'm ****, but because I'm good. People like you have sucked that kind of fun out of that scene. You say I'm too serious and to chill out? Well, not half as serious as the people who are so 'mature' that they have to listen to 'intelligent' music which, requires drugs that 'open their mind' to understand. Lets face it, its just ****ing BAD music, but hey, if they need to be the, contemporary art elite of dance music let them if it makes them feel important, but they shouldn't think they're any better than anyone else who likes something a bit more traditional.
I'm not the one who NEEDS to fit into your scene. I think you guys don't want to admit that you're possibly pretentious snobs. I can hold a discussion, I can generate interest. To you thats 'attention seeking', to me that's just being an interesting person. I can play cheesey music and have people have a positive response. To you thats being a **** Dj, to me thats being a better DJ. Fine, we have different ideas of how things should be. I tried to accept yours. I've said in the past. "Leave me alone. You do your **** I do mine". I've said "if you want to argue, do it privately to spare everyone else." ... You chose to take me on. Not me. I offer opinons. You offer ridicule. Thats why the scenes ****. Because people who create fun have been pushed aside by the people who think it's more important to look cool. No one says it to people like you, because they all know they'll end up like me if they do. But to me, they say it.

If I want to take what I do beyond music and lights, I will. If its not called 'clubbing' then I don't care. I do my thing, you do yours. But the way you disrespect people who DON'T do your thing, is a reflection on the attitude your contribution is built on.

Being able to write a response isn't something that should be seen as stupid. Its something that stupid people see as stupid because they're too stupid to do anything smarter. They're stupid enough to call people a waste of time, and then to continue to read and respond and further waste their time. Well, ****, it doesn't take a genius to ignore someone. Especially when they're not actively out seeking you. So what the ****? You think I want to be accepted by you and your beautiful little scene? Don't you get it? I'm trying to escape it.

Why would I want you as friends if I'm going to get **** for being the kind of Dj I am?

That doesn't tell me you want to be friends, that tells me if I was someone who you could prosper you, then you'd want to be friends.

I'm passing judgement on what I've seen. Basically, I know it's not ALL bad, but it's a few bad eggs who ruin it for everyone. ... (Thats how Minimal and Electro came about I reckon but thats another story), point is, I'm not talking about the standard of music or lights or decore or even numbers of patrons. I'm talking about the quality of personality that enters.

If it's being run by people who think anyone who likes David Guetta is bellow them, then thats not a high standard. That's just another club night that will last a while and thats it. Music, lights, alcahol and drugs. Big whoop. Every where has that.
How can people be themselves if even on here, your judging me for who I am? They can't. You know what they then have to do? Pose. Ie: They are posers.
It's not even the posers I hate. It's the people who couldn't accept them for who they are and made them so insecure they felt the need to pose in the first place. The ones who say "wow if you like David Guetta you like sell out douche bag Dj's" meanwhile,
if they had half the success of David Guetta or Tiesto, I bet they'd be defending their success as well.

You run nights. I run parties. Theres a difference.

In your eyes, I'm a sell out. In my eyes, it's a dirty job but someone has to do it and I'm honoured they select me. Do you know how it feels when, like, the Drum & Bass scene or Minimal or Trance scene gets their hands on an un marked demo and they love it. But they don't want NakedAge to play, because he defends Djs like Tiesto and David Guetta? Because he thinks taking drugs to enjoy music is wrong. It's insulting. It shows that promoters choose politics over talent and then wonder why they are constantly hunting for Dj's who can bring 30 people but play **** every week and then have to find another **** little crew of 6 Djs the week after to do the same thing, instead of having 1 or 2 who can do the job properly and have the crowd WANT to come back the next week.

Yes I played Cotton Eye Joe and YMCA at raves, but thats because I could. Not because I'm ****, but because I'm good. People like you have sucked that kind of fun out of that scene. You say I'm too serious and to chill out? Well, not half as serious as the people who are so 'mature' that they have to listen to 'intelligent' music which, requires drugs that 'open their mind' to understand. Lets face it, its just ****ing BAD music, but hey, if they need to be the, contemporary art elite of dance music let them if it makes them feel important, but they shouldn't think they're any better than anyone else who likes something a bit more traditional.
I'm not the one who NEEDS to fit into your scene. I think you guys don't want to admit that you're possibly pretentious snobs. I can hold a discussion, I can generate interest. To you thats 'attention seeking', to me that's just being an interesting person. I can play cheesey music and have people have a positive response. To you thats being a **** Dj, to me thats being a better DJ. Fine, we have different ideas of how things should be. I tried to accept yours. I've said in the past. "Leave me alone. You do your **** I do mine". I've said "if you want to argue, do it privately to spare everyone else." ... You chose to take me on. Not me. I offer opinons. You offer ridicule. Thats why the scenes ****. Because people who create fun have been pushed aside by the people who think it's more important to look cool. No one says it to people like you, because they all know they'll end up like me if they do. But to me, they say it.

If I want to take what I do beyond music and lights, I will. If its not called 'clubbing' then I don't care. I do my thing, you do yours. But the way you disrespect people who DON'T do your thing, is a reflection on the attitude your contribution is built on.

Being able to write a response isn't something that should be seen as stupid. Its something that stupid people see as stupid because they're too stupid to do anything smarter. They're stupid enough to call people a waste of time, and then to continue to read and respond and further waste their time. Well, ****, it doesn't take a genius to ignore someone. Especially when they're not actively out seeking you. So what the ****? You think I want to be accepted by you and your beautiful little scene? Don't you get it? I'm trying to escape it.

I like a bit of naked age personally - he's mildly entertaining. :lol:

Those that get annoyed do so because he puts up too many mirrors for them to be able to cope with.

Y'all need each other to exist on here. ;)

Naked can you condense your replies a little in future as they require too much time to read the whole thing (time in which I should be working) and I don't want to miss out on anything juicy .. Surely what you are saying can be refined to ten lines max without all the needless waffling?

naked can you condense your replies a little in future as they require too much time to read the whole thing (time in which i should be working) and i don't want to miss out on anything juicy .. Surely what you are saying can be refined to ten lines max without all the needless waffling?
+1

Back