Dating

How are Spotlight's singletons coping with the rum old state of the world? Obviously the 'go out, get battered, hope to be pleasantly surprised with your bed-mate in the morning' route is a non-starter now, but may have been overtaken by Tinder etc anyway? Are people still swiping away and just flouting the rules when mutually agreed?

I'm glad I'm an old married git - risking a fine for a shag seems like a pITA

Well I haven't had a date or seen a guy in a year and that would of been the case even if COVID did not happen

My friends have dated and same shit... Hook up don't hear from them again or went on a Date and didnt hear from them again

I have about 6 friends that are all single...

It made me laugh when all the swipey f*** apps proliferated and suddenly all the people that were taking the piss out of losers like us in 2000/2005 ish because we were saaaaaaaaaadddddd and met people from the internet forums like this started meeting people from the said swipey f*** apps on the internet themselves for a shag. Suddenly meeting people from the internet to get your end away was super cool because they were doing it through an iPhone. I guess Steve Jobs greatest achievement then was making it easy for the socially awkward, sex addicts, everyday arseholes, low self-esteem easily laid ladies, and the odd psychopath to fulfil all their darkest desires.

At least we had a pretence of going clubbing and to Ibiza and stuff ;)

The lockdown did cause some people to lose their common good sense a bit, i know a lad who was driving 600 mile round trips to Scotland and back of a weekend to dip his wick!

When things go back to normal, I plan on putting way less emphasis on dating sites. Will maintain a profile, but will only bother if ladies contact me first. Too many normies on dating sites. Far easier to meet people on a similar wavelength by joining clubs and societies.

As someone linked a post of mine in this thread today, how are you Spotlight Singletons getting on?

I plan on retiring from here and signing my firstborn in on his 18th birthday, but I'm concerned I've seen some of your succession plans progress.....

Same shit different year🤣 I have a poke once a year that will do me !

That sounds like an arrangement when people say to a friend they'll have each other as a back-up marraige plan if not married by a certain age.

Do you have the same 'buddy' on the anniversary of both your last time at the races, as it were? :lol:

That sounds like an arrangement when people say to a friend they'll have each other as a back-up marraige plan if not married by a certain age.

Do you have the same 'buddy' on the anniversary of both your last time at the races, as it were? :lol:
🤣🤣🤣 I have a guy that i am best friends with but totally friends wud never do anything

I don't actually always new ones but coincidentally always happens to be once a year🤣 thought it wasn't gonna happen this year as close to the end but it did...all set now for Oct or Nov 2023😅

Back