crystal meth

Olly

No longer active
anyone else catch the doc last night? - usual louis theroux innocent face stumbling into town (tired schtick imo - it's getting embarrassing now) and meeting the addicts

I thought it was bleak - as nasty an addiction as it gets - although the state of people's teeth is what really had me >> :eek:

but the programme was lite - never went into the specific appeal, or why its chosen over other stimulants and nothing about the substance itself - yeah, it's a derivative of speed and makes you awake and horny for like 3 weeks. Nothing about its relationship to the club scene either which would've been interesting.

and then they show you rehab - Hey, lets swap our addiction to crystals for an addiction to GOD! let's all hold hands. Bingo! ....no wonder so many relapse..

what miniscule curiosity I already had, had completely evaporated by the end.

moral of the story. stick to smack

anyone else catch the doc last night? - usual louis theroux innocent face stumbling into town (tired schtick imo - it's getting embarrassing now) and meeting the addicts

I thought it was bleak - as nasty an addiction as it gets - although the state of people's teeth is what really had me >> :eek:

but the programme was lite - never went into the specific appeal, or why its chosen over other stimulants and nothing about the substance itself - yeah, it's a derivative of speed and makes you awake and horny for like 3 weeks. Nothing about its relationship to the club scene either which would've been interesting.

and then they show you rehab - Hey, lets swap our addiction to crystals for an addiction to GOD! let's all hold hands. Bingo! ....no wonder so many relapse..

I watched it thought it was a bit tame myself, wanted to see some real messes. Tbh I don't think it's that bad... now a doc on PCP addicts would interest me much more :D I watch them on youtube often, my favourite quote so far by PCP head getting arrested: "Ti**ies should suck themselves" :D

I watched it thought it was a bit tame myself, wanted to see some real messes. Tbh I don't think it's that bad... now a doc on PCP addicts would interest me much more :D I watch them on youtube often, my favourite quote so far by PCP head getting arrested: "Ti**ies should suck themselves" :D
Do people still take PCP?? I thought that went out with the 80s, along with crack :confused:

Actually, I guess some people still take crack but it's less the social phenomenon it was 2 decades ago.

But I haven't even heard of PCP in ages...

On the God bit...

The 12 step recovery program means admitting you have a problem, admitting you're powerless to overcome it...

...and then surrendering your addiction to 'higher power'.

This can mean lots of things to lots of people. It doesn't have to mean God (who will fcuk you over and banish you to hell if you relapse) - it can mean the responsibility for a family unit, a friendship or a faith in something - whether that faith is the big bang theory, David Ike or Islam is irrelevant. It's an acknowledgement that there is something out there bigger and greater than us.

So whilst God and all his religious trimmings may be an annoying subject, the idea behind that stage of recovery is a sound one.

Do people still take PCP?? I thought that went out with the 80s, along with crack :confused:

Actually, I guess some people still take crack but it's less the social phenomenon it was 2 decades ago.

But I haven't even heard of PCP in ages...

Oh believe me crack is back..thats if it ever went?? Lol.. people in America take PCP aint heard of it over here I guess Ket is the slightly milder version popular with the Brits, not sure in what way its milder though lol.. love watching people trippin on utube but some of these people have some nasty friends:twisted:

would the specific appeal of CM in that area not be down to

1. availability
2. over the counter ingredients

I'd laugh if a Meth addict bashed and robbed you and left you to die in a gutter, and if the only person to help you was a ex Meth head turned born again.:lol:
Nah I'm kidding champ.

In another documentary on the subject I saw one group designed to make mothers becomes rehabilitated from meth bring their babies to the meeting. The logic was the same. Swap something thats bad for something thats good but the children were there to symbolise how important the change is.

Its a nasty drug, but, I'd rather a Jesus freak to a meth head anyday

Its Angel Dust, same type of thing as ket only stronger :D scarey sh*t lol
Yes, basically a chemical developed as an animal tranquilizer.
The effect seems to be far more hallucinogenic (or maybe just psychotic?!) than ketamine.
It was a big deal in the US in the 1980s, although outshone by crack as the drug epidemic of the day.

Have you ever heard of people taking DMT? I read some stuff this guy wrote about it , meeting some aliens on it and all that , I've never heard of it other than that though do people actually do this or was it just him lol

What's PCP?
Phencyclidine (a complex clip of the chemical name phenylcyclohexylpiperidine, commonly initialised as PCP), also known as angel dust and other street names, is a recreational, dissociative drug formerly used as an anaesthetic agent, exhibiting hallucinogenic and neurotoxic effects.[1] Developed in 1926,[2] it was first patented in 1952 by the Parke-Davis pharmaceutical company and marketed under the brand name Sernyl. In chemical structure, PCP is an arylcyclohexylamine derivative, and, in pharmacology, it is a member of the family of dissociative anesthetics. PCP works primarily as an NMDA receptor antagonist, which blocks the activity of the NMDA receptor.[3] Other NMDA receptor antagonists include ketamine, tiletamine, and dextromethorphan.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phencyclidine

Back