Credit Crunch Thread II - The Sequel

:lol:

How is it being done in the UK? At least in the US, they're trying to structure it so that the government (and thus, the people :?:) eventually make money out of the deals. Reselling equity and what not.

Probably won't work out that way but glad some are trying :lol:

Following the problems with Lehmann Bros and in the sub-prime lending market in America and the run on Northern Rock, HBOS and Bradford & Bingley in the UK, uncertainty has now hit Japan.
In the last 7 days Origami Bank has folded, Sumo Bank has gone belly up and Bonsai Bank announced plans to cut some of its branches.
Yesterday, it was announced that Karaoke Bank is up for sale and will likely go for a song, while today shares in Kamikaze Bank were suspended after they nose-dived.
While Samurai Bank is soldiering on following sharp cutbacks, Ninja Bank is reported to have taken a hit, but they remain in the black.
Furthermore, 500 staff at Karate Bank got the chop and analysts report that there is something fishy going on at Sushi Bank where it is feared that staff may get a raw deal.

Doesn't seem to have made much of an impact on the FT100, closed 5% down!
1/2 Base rate drop too!
When is it going tgo settle down!

Doesn't seem to have made much of an impact on the FT100, closed 5% down!
1/2 Base rate drop too!
When is it going tgo settle down!

Who cares! We want more!!!!! Free houses!!! and cakes!!! and fancy hats for everyone!!!More MORE MORE!!!!

Very strange response! Most people care & livelihoods are at stake!

Get over yourself!! :lol::lol::lol:

If you cant find a sense of humour at a time like this - then we're doomed I tell thee - doomed!!!

International Rescue - F.A.B!!!

SNN0901GXY2-280_610221a.jpg

if you can't do anything about it, may as well laugh.

i just got a new mortgage, tied in 4 years. was the right decision to make at the time

next day, 0.5% drop in the base rate. bar steward!:lol::lol::lol:

Errm....Don't suppose anybody wants to buy a piece of land and building project in Roca Lisa do they?
All the permits in place etc..

Had someone buying it for 500K 8 weeks ago, having outbid offers from other people 425 and 450.
Then they never showed up for the signing.

390 anybody?

It aint looking good.

if you can't do anything about it, may as well laugh.

i just got a new mortgage, tied in 4 years. was the right decision to make at the time

next day, 0.5% drop in the base rate. bar steward!:lol::lol::lol:

we're on a tracker, so have seen our payments soar steadily over the last 18mths so its payback!!! :twisted: (assuming of course that abbey bother pass on the decrease to us) :evil:

I feel i've got a right to be flippant, the credit crunch scared off the deal i've been waiting years for. It was like having and losing the lottery ticket. I'd almost decided where i was going to retire to. Cold feet appeared and now, it'll be years before it returns, if ever. Who to blame? No-one. So, yes! Give me a hat and some ****ing cake! :lol:

Back