Creamfields 2011

In terms of big commercial names they've got pretty much everyone covered!
I'm hoping Global go for the less commercial route but for anyone who knows their music will know it'll be a stellar lineup.

what a load of fcking manure

totally.

it is the weakest creamfields line up of all time in my view. it is certainly geared more towards what they are actually doing in their club nights than previous Creamfields have been.

it is very obvious that the main bookers for the festival have changed this year

Festivals will always have a commercial slant to get in the numbers and Global is no different (kanye west??). Creamfields have tried less commercial tents / arenas before are few years back and they have been empty all night.

In terms of big commercial names they've got pretty much everyone covered!
I'm hoping Global go for the less commercial route but for anyone who knows their music will know it'll be a stellar lineup.

well their headline act last year was pop artist Dizzee Rascal, so i'm not holding my breath!

Festivals will always have a commercial slant to get in the numbers and Global is no different (kanye west??). Creamfields have tried less commercial tents / arenas before are few years back and they have been empty all night.

i think this says more about the Creamfields clientele than Creamfields itself!

The thing is, Festivals have to appeal to the masses. Afterall, they do have to sell 65000 tickets.

And as much as a few people may like underground music, the big names appeal to the masses. Espcially chart successes like Armin, Guetta, Mau5 (although absent this year), SHM and Tiesto.

They all also have very loyal fan bases in the UK.

I'd imagine Global will be fairly similar.

The thing is, Festivals have to appeal to the masses. Afterall, they do have to sell 65000 tickets.

And as much as a few people may like underground music, the big names appeal to the masses. Espcially chart successes like Armin, Guetta, Mau5 (although absent this year), SHM and Tiesto.

They all also have very loyal fan bases in the UK.

I'd imagine Global will be fairly similar.

Unfortunately this is true, an education in non commercial pop nonsense, trying to pass itself off as dance music, is desperately needed for the likes of the people who attend this kind of 'dance' festival.

I have only ever been to Global and that was back in 2003, won't ever go to a UK festival now that there are amazing European festivals that are dirt cheap :)

fiberfib at bennicassim is a good one. went there a few years back and flew straight to global after. head wasn't all the after spain but global was rubbish compared!

I'm off to Exit this year for the first time I cannot wait !!

You don't get guaranteed sunshine over here, when i went to Global it was lashing it down the whole day and night :)

the chibuku arena?!?! Hawtin last year was rammed to the rafters, Crookers etc etc the year before.....

A large amount is also down to programming. Who is up against who can be a huge part of where you spend most of your day. (Not that many people seem to move around, from what I've noticed)

Do both? ;)

We gotta set up a spotlight camp, get all of us who are going together. Cause some general havoc, chaos and mayhem.

Do both? ;)

We gotta set up a spotlight camp, get all of us who are going together. Cause some general havoc, chaos and mayhem.

I'm definitely not going to this cheese fest ha ha

Back