Creamfields 2011

Well, in the last year and a half, the Mau5 has only done Live sets at his festivals.

I would be very, very surprised if he did one of his unhooked sets at a festival. And tbh, after witnessing it at Mos for the top 100... it wasn't all that.

Being kept up by Alan on Sunday wasn't so pleasant, but it was a damn site more enjoyable than Global for some reason.

I recommend Creamfields over Global. Better line ups, and better times. Global has it's big night on the second night, when it should be (in my opinion) on the first.

some changes this year though.........the people who have previously booked a lot of the creamfields show are not working with them this year.

That'd be gutting if they do change the Creamfields line up, I get back from Ibiza the day before Global. I don't think I'll be able to survive a festival on top of the hedonistic life that is the White Isle, for two weeks.

some changes this year though.........the people who have previously booked a lot of the creamfields show are not working with them this year.

I dont think it would be such a bad thing, although creamfields has been extreamily good the last few years, the last two years have also been very similar. Annie mac tent, Swedish Tent, goodgreef tent etc.. there is much more out there. Id love to see a Cadenza arena, A Carl Cox Revolution arena!!

Carl Cox and friends would be good :)

However, I wouldn't want to remove Swedish House, as I've yet to see them!

carl cox tends to play global gathering rather than creamfields. seen him 4 years ago on the main stage at global and he was quality!

Full of chavs.

I think the correct term is "Scally"

They are a small contingent who will gain access to one or both days. Their main aim when darkness falls is to steal anything that is not tied down. Tents are favourite. They are proffessional festival goers and may have a sideline in dealing E's and whizz. Some of them, if bored, might throw items into a crowd just for a laugh. If they get the urge to dance then they are more than likely to be found in small groups frequenting the "DONK" tent.
Luckily they are few in numbers and the Police are on their case.

Creamfields is a good value and relatively safe place to attend

Having seen the lineup, im wondering who will be playing Global this year as many of the bigger names are creamfields exclusives. Could mean Global are going for something really different which would be a breath of fresh air, however, i cant wait for this years creamfields now the lineup is out, really happy with it :)

Carl Cox and friends would be good :)

However, I wouldn't want to remove Swedish House, as I've yet to see them!

More than happy the swedes have their own tent again, will mean all the numpties who know nothing about music will be well away from the decent arenas :p

Lineup is superb IMO but some of the actual individual area lineups are strange.
Hernan Cattaneo in the Cream tent with the Trance?
Armin on a stage with Example & Chicane.
Calvin Harris doing two Dj sets?

The line up is rather good. As you said, it is a bit disjointed... But hey, it means I get to (hopefully) see more Artists. Apparently the Swedish House Mafia tent will be bigger too. Which is good, as I couldn't get in last year >.<

I am left wondering just who will be at Global this year. Shame we haven't had the line up for that yet, either.

The gf and i were looking on both creamfields and globals websites on sunday and i cannot remember a f**kin thing :lol:

Im guessing Creamfields is the better option, so might just stick with that 8)

They seem to have gone more commercial again this year, with the likes of SHM, Pryda, Laidback Luke, Steve Angello, Tiesto and Annie Mac all having their own stage.

Also, am I reading this right? They have a North and South Stage, does this mean what was the main Stage is being split into 2?

Looks like a top line-up... and who know's? We might find Alan :)

Also, am I reading this right? They have a North and South Stage, does this mean what was the main Stage is being split into 2?

Looks like a top line-up... and who know's? We might find Alan :)

Or we have two main stages. The Daresbury estate is fairly big, after all. Not sure just how they'll do it, though.

And Alan will be the first person we try to find when we get there.

Saturday 27th August 2011

North Stage

Clublife Stage

Paul van Dyk presents Evolution

Pryda Friends

Size Matters

Annie Mac Presents

BBC Radio 1Xtra

BBC Radio 1Xtra continued

Hed Kandi Hospitality

they have got some really bad pop artists there like the cheese master himself David Guetta (throws up in own mouth), pretend rapper Example & various other chart nonsense.

I'm not going, i refuse to give Guetta any of my money!

He is doing a festival exclusive there though, so that means we'll all be safe going to GlobalGathering, although they did have pop artist Dizzee Rascal as a headline 'artist' so anything could happen!

Pryda stage on the saturday looks good, and the Chems will obviously be great, apart from that, i'm struggling to find anything really amazing on the line up :confused:

I've never seen the chemical brothers, always missed their nights at Turnmills (God, that was a club... )

SHM and Guetta... I'd like to see them once. Just to say 'I've done it.'

The Cream and Evolution tents take it for me, followed closely by Pryda and Size.
Handful of artists on Sunday I've never seen before.

When does the GG lineup get released?

I've never seen the chemical brothers, always missed their nights at Turnmills (God, that was a club... )

SHM and Guetta... I'd like to see them once. Just to say 'I've done it.'

The Cream and Evolution tents take it for me, followed closely by Pryda and Size.
Handful of artists on Sunday I've never seen before.

When does the GG lineup get released?

The GG is 'coming soon' which could mean anything, people are saying 23rd April, but they've already said that is a load of crap.

Probably at the start of April, as that's when it was last year!

Back