☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
In short: Were broke...

When I was a boy, I remember how they would talk about the national debt being $4 Trillion (total), now that's just the annual deficit. I would go on, but that would be drifting wayyyTF off topic.

Now back to 'Rona....

Never convinced by "we're broke". It's capitalism that is broke. Ask yourself are there enough buildings to house people? Is there enough food to feed people? Could we have a system with more nurses & teachers?

Never convinced by "we're broke". It's capitalism that is broke. Ask yourself are there enough buildings to house people? Is there enough food to feed people? Could we have a system with more nurses & teachers?
The answer is no. I do think this goes beyond capitalism, btw. When I get home tonight maybe l can distill my thoughts into a separate thread.

I know it's LadBible but it's where I first saw it shared - this is exactly why misinformation is dangerous.
I would have let the patient go (Charles Darwin would smile in his grave).

He doesn't look senile, his desire to leave the hospital is pretty clear (he probably texted his friend to come and help him), and adult people have the right to die from their own stupidity. How did he end up at a hospital in the first place if he believed it was nothing serious?

I would have let the patient go (Charles Darwin would smile in his grave).

He doesn't look senile, his desire to leave the hospital is pretty clear (he probably texted his friend to come and help him), and adult people have the right to die from their own stupidity. How did he end up at a hospital in the first place if he believed it was nothing serious?
Public Health powers from the Covid Act, we can restrict movement to prevent infection of others. Personally never heard of it happening outside of those who lack capacity and would be covered by Deprivation of Libery Safeguards

Things heating up again, an hour before curfew starts...The Hague, Rotterdam, Amsterdam.
Lots of police in my town too because a gathering of young people near the mall. Gonna be a rough night for the dutch police again.

I'm seeing an alarming rate of suicides amongst people i know and friends of friends. Definitely keeping a closer eye on my loved ones

Especially the ones I know aren't coping too well in these times with the lockdowns. I'm lucky to not have known of anyone who's been ill or suffered even remotely badly with the virus touch wood. but the measures put in place for it are definitely becoming a disese in its self 👎👎 keep an eye out on your pals everyone the tough times are clearly taking their tole more than ever

Things heating up again, an hour before curfew starts...The Hague, Rotterdam, Amsterdam.
Lots of police in my town too because a gathering of young people near the mall. Gonna be a rough night for the dutch police again.

How much of it do you reckon is Covid specific and how much of it do you reckon is just taking the opportunity to attack "the authorities" in numbers?

Thinking back to the riots we had here in Tottenham that spread on subsequent nights, what started as a passionate process in several days swelled in numbers whilst hangers on and people who felt emboldened in a crowd became more and more nefarious.

How much of it do you reckon is Covid specific and how much of it do you reckon is just taking the opportunity to attack "the authorities" in numbers?

Thinking back to the riots we had here in Tottenham that spread on subsequent nights, what started as a passionate process in several days swelled in numbers whilst hangers on and people who felt emboldened in a crowd became more and more nefarious.

Any old demonstration is just a magnet for nefarious attachment by trouble-makers these days - so often seems to end in looting and anarchy. Just as religion has been hijacked endlessly by those with evil intentions, so too is peaceful demonstration.

Most rioters seem to be young guys aged 15-25. Probably living with their parents in the suburban areas of the big cities.
I think they are bored and feel left out, ignored and punished for what is normal behavior in non-coved times (going out with friends, hanging around on the streets in small groups etc.).

However the original protestors we are not seeing anymore now were mostly 25-35, lost their job, lost their business and feel truly disgruntled with the measures in a whole different way. They do not riot, while being impacted with the measures way harder.

It will be a bit of a mix of both, but the group that is seeking confrontation with the police right now is hijacking the situation for the thrill of it.
But again like I said...they have been locked up for almost a year now so if you look at it like that it's somewhat Covid-specific too.

Last edited:
I'm seeing an alarming rate of suicides amongst people i know and friends of friends. Definitely keeping a closer eye on my loved ones

Especially the ones I know aren't coping too well in these times with the lockdowns. I'm lucky to not have known of anyone who's been ill or suffered even remotely badly with the virus touch wood. but the measures put in place for it are definitely becoming a disese in its self 👎👎 keep an eye out on your pals everyone the tough times are clearly taking their tole more than ever
Sadly seeing the same mate!

In an earlier post I mentioned a different method of mass civil disobedience. In Italy (also read about Poland and Switzerland) restaurants and Gyms opened up and customers came in big numbers, police gave up. I know some of you didn't believe me this was really happening, but I'm seeing new reports for January 30 when more business in Italy are encouraged to open up against the rules. Any Italians here on this thread that can provide more information?

Other sources about the earlier opening on January 17:

This is footage from Poland last Saturday:

Last edited:
In an earlier post I mentioned a different method of mass civil disobedience. Restaurants and Gyms opened up and customers came in big numbers, police gave up. I know some of you didn't believe me this was really happening, but I'm seeing new reports for January 30 when more business in Italy are encouraged to open up against the rules. Any Italians here on this thread that can provide more information?

given the current epidemiologic situation in most european countries, this is simply stupid. it'll backfire as those actions ultimately will delay the actual reopening of businesses and lifting of restrictions

In an earlier post I mentioned a different method of mass civil disobedience. Restaurants and Gyms opened up and customers came in big numbers, police gave up. I know some of you didn't believe me this was really happening, but I'm seeing new reports for January 30 when more business in Italy are encouraged to open up against the rules. Any Italians here on this thread that can provide more information?

Not sure people didn't believe it was happening. There are places in the UK that are opening against the rules

given the current epidemiologic situation in most european countries, this is simply stupid. it'll backfire as those actions ultimately will delay the actual reopening of businesses and lifting of restrictions
Never said I think it's a smart thing to do....but it's interesting to see the behaviour of both the entrepreneurs and customers. I can understand this movement and can definitely relate to it more than rioting against the police like is happening here.

Also earlier I was called out a liar about claiming this is actually happening...

Last edited:
Sometimes it's hard when you have a different opinion or are misunderstood on a message board but I can't see where anyone called you a liar.

You mentioned it on page 579, @Moha, who I presume is Swiss or from that area asked for a source of becaise you name checked Switzerland.

Other than another Dutch person asking about where you lived, there wasn't anyone calling you for lying?

Never said I think it's a smart thing to do....but it's interesting to see the behaviour of both the entrepreneurs and customers. I can understand this movement and can definitely relate to it more than rioting against the police like is happening here.

Also earlier I was called out a liar about claiming this is actually happening...
Most of the "entrepreneurs" in the UK have been salon owners with a BTEC ill-advisedly quoting the Magna Carta and then being hit with fines they can never repay

Any source or just trolling/lying?
Sometimes it's hard when you have a different opinion or are misunderstood on a message board but I can't see where anyone called you a liar.

You mentioned it on page 579, @Moha, who I presume is Swiss or from that area asked for a source of becaise you name checked Switzerland.

Other than another Dutch person asking about where you lived, there wasn't anyone calling you for lying?

And then when provided the source....the source was discredited as 'just some restaurants' in Rome.

I don't feel misunderstood. I do feel like I'm swimming against a strong biased current, but I don't mind. I found new sources that are giving more insight into a situation what I rightfully called 'mass civil disobedience' in Italy and yeah I mentioned that I found examples in other countries too.

The thing is....the need that a lot of users feel to push away the few fishes going against the stream overshadows their content that might be worth to look into. Happened on page 579 and so on, happens again now.

Curious to see what happens January 30th and if Italian restaurants, shops, gyms can hold this up against government pressure and fines.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back