☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lowest infection rate per 100k in the country and falling put into Tier 2. Whilst adjacent Cornwall with next to no hospital facilities goes into Tier 1. Absolute madness.

Last edited:
My area was in Tier 1 before lockdown, the infection rate is improved and around the 60/100k mark - yet now in Tier 2. That'll be it until end of January now at least by the sound of it. No way will they 'review in 2 weeks' and lift restrictions

Lowest infection rate per 100k in the country and falling put into Tier 2. Absolute madness.
That’s the regional approach I was moaning about. Funny thing is it’s regional when it suits and county when it doesn’t. We have one hot spot in our county and it’s two hours away. Meanwhile I’m in an area with less than 150/100k, massively declining infection rates and a nightingale with 600 unused and never used beds. Flippin joke. There are areas with 113/100k in tier 2. No wonder the conspiracy theorists exist.

Last edited:
There, Cornwall and Scilly Isles
1% of the UK population (I know this is an English issue)! Scilly isles population is 2,153. Then we have Cornwall with a 30%?population over 60. You couldn’t make it up.

Anyway, review on 16th December. Sadly not a lot will change.

Last edited:
My area was in Tier 1 before lockdown, the infection rate is improved and around the 60/100k mark - yet now in Tier 2. That'll be it until end of January now at least by the sound of it. No way will they 'review in 2 weeks' and lift restrictions
This is in til the New Year I reckon

T1 to T3 is a big jump mate
Yeah, and I know not every area feels like they've been treated fairly, but for us that's where we're at with the infection rate. It was decent 6 weeks ago, and now in certain places it's really, really bad

I think the people of the North East and North West have more reasons to be aggrieved than us right now

Being in the North East the new Tiers are actually better than it is now, we are currently in the same as the rest of the UK but next week we still get to all shops, leisure centres, gyms, personal services (hairdressers etc) open and its only really the hospitality thats impacted but they can provide click and collect or take away services. For someone who doesnt drink its much better than it is at the moment.

Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 12.01.30.png

Yeah, and I know not every area feels like they've been treated fairly, but for us that's where we're at with the infection rate. It was decent 6 weeks ago, and now in certain places it's really, really bad

I think the people of the North East and North West have more reasons to be aggrieved than us right now
I thought we had it bad. Poor old Lancaster at 97/100k, tier 3 and serviced by a hospital in tier 2. It’s as we were saying in the week, the bigger the area, the greater chance for the government to justify a higher tiering.

Transparency is the fundamental problem and has been throughout. It is wrong that they take a regional approach when they want and a county approach when it suits. Equally, no one knows what they are aiming at. What is the threshold amongst the measures they are using to reach a lower tier? Achieving anything in life is always a problem if you don’t know what you are aiming for. Anyway, finally enough bleating, we will have to get on with it despite the bitter taste and chip on my shoulder!

Transparency is the fundamental problem and has been throughout. It is wrong that they take a regional approach when they want and a county approach when it suits. Equally, no one knows what they are aiming at. What is the threshold amongst the measures they are using to reach a lower tier? Achieving anything in life is always a problem if you don’t know what you are aiming for.

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say: calculated by an algorithm!! :lol:

It would be good to know what each area is aiming for, but because each area is different, no doubt that would also cause more voices of discontent?
What I am certain of, is that getting a hold on the infection rate is unlikely this side of xmas, especially since retail has been opened up. I can picture the queues for Primark next Friday already

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say: calculated by an algorithm!! :lol:

It would be good to know what each area is aiming for, but because each area is different, no doubt that would also cause more voices of discontent?
What I am certain of, is that getting a hold on the infection rate is unlikely this side of xmas, especially since retail has been opened up. I can picture the queues for Primark next Friday already
Haha. You are probably right. Each area is indeed different. And the numbers will inevitably rise over Christmas. But the formula isn’t out there and it should be otherwise it simply looks arbitrary and lacks transparency. Every formula can be subject to adaptation. If the government want compliance, they need to police it properly or rely on the trust of the populace and that is where the problem is because of the lack of transparency and the incompetence they have shown throughout. If elrow was a UK resident, the government would have boiled his piss like a kettle with no off switch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back