☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite no events since mid 2000s, 1 owner in jail and the other in Australia, someone (unrelated) who set up Sundissential Ltd in 2016 has managed to get a £223k government grant...
Really? Didn’t see that...and people are complaining about Shangri La getting cash?

G.I butt wipe.. army finger ?
What do you think about 6 weeks Craig? Sounds sensible to me...if it works? Close down and open up for biggest time economically of the year in December...all have a good time, and then back to lockdown January...

What do you think about 6 weeks Craig? Sounds sensible to me...if it works? Close down and open up for biggest time economically of the year in December...all have a good time, and then back to lockdown January...
I think non essential shops will open up after 6 weeks but I can't see bars and restaurants opening for the Xmas rush. To hard to police that.. I think January 6th before bars open and that makes more sense.. But who knows

I think non essential shops will open up after 6 weeks but I can't see bars and restaurants opening for the Xmas rush. To hard to police that.. I think January 6th before bars open and that makes more sense.. But who knows
f*** sake...we’ll end up having a ‘spotlight’ virtual reunion for your Chistmas (not a bad thing!)

To be fair, I think your government are doing the best to make it happen before

Given how horrendous a normal January and February are in hospital cant see them letting Christmas and New Year being a free for all

Given how horrendous a normal January and February are in hospital cant see them letting Christmas and New Year being a free for all
Unless it’s all part of the grand plan. The refusal to remotely acknowledge the student issue is intriguing. The hotspots are all student cities. I am desperately not wanting to go down the conspiracy theory route, but there is more to this then meets the eye. It feels like the current interventions will run to Christmas in those hotspots, then they will return to spread it at home, creating new hotspots. The problem in the UK is the the NHS is under almost intolerable pressure in winter without a pandemic. It’s a good policy to move the pandemic hotspots around while Brexit happens and the state become increasingly authoritarian by necessity in order to achieve control that in large parts will never be returned to the citizens. Or it is all just more utter incompetence from the Tories! Or both.

Unless it’s all part of the grand plan. The refusal to remotely acknowledge the student issue is intriguing. The hotspots are all student cities. I am desperately not wanting to go down the conspiracy theory route, but there is more to this then meets the eye. It feels like the current interventions will run to Christmas in those hotspots, then they will return to spread it at home, creating new hotspots. The problem in the UK is the the NHS is under almost intolerable pressure in winter without a pandemic. It’s a good policy to move the pandemic hotspots around while Brexit happens and the state become increasingly authoritarian by necessity in order to achieve control that in large parts will never be returned to the citizens. Or it is all just more utter incompetence from the Tories! Or both.
I think they are just completely incompetent. The uni thing is spectacularly stupid though

I think they are just completely incompetent. The uni thing is spectacularly stupid though
I can’t decide. On the face of it they are utterly incompetent. But the uni student situation, brexit, what we see in Greater Manchester and the gradual picking off of regions to move to tier 3 with no apparent exit strategy makes me think there is something else under the surface. Starmer’s intervention ensures there would be no immediate lockdown. That and Manchester have politicised the whole thing in the public consciousness. It was always political, just not at a surface level. I’m increasingly certain there is more than meets the eye going on. If I was in a tier 3 area I’d want to know what the exit strategy is. Quite why no one is pushing at this is also very bizarre.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back