☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things in the UK are opening up. My amateur football league restarted at the weekend. Pubs and restaurants can open outdoor areas from next Monday. My kids favourite soft play place opens next Monday.

Progress may be slower than many would like, and the UK government has made a hash of the whole situation, with only the vaccine rollout being done well, but it is a cast iron fact that things are on their way back to normal.
This!
Things are slowly opening up which is great to see
(although still no dates for anything opening up in n.i 🤨)

This!
Things are slowly opening up which is great to see
(although still no dates for anything opening up in n.i 🤨)
The latest lockdown worked out quite well for me football wise. I suffered a bad knee injury in October, which has only really finished healing in the last month or so. So the season being postponed from December to now means I get to play all the football I would have missed.

See @FlatErik , it's not all bad!

The latest lockdown worked out quite well for me football wise. I suffered a bad knee injury in October, which has only really finished healing in the last month or so. So the season being postponed from December to now means I get to play all the football I would have missed.

Well outdoor 5 a side can open from next week but still no dates for hospitality and retail.
My football days are behind me

In fact, I played 3 matches at the weekend and have one tonight, which will be the most football I've played in a week for decades.

In fact, I played 3 matches at the weekend and have one tonight, which will be the most football I've played in a week for decades.
Hows the legs?
Remember I used to do that when 17. 6th form game sat morning, Open age Saturday afternoon then Sunday league. Havent played 11 a side competitively since 35 - 43 now. Vets leagues are massive up here too.

Hows the legs?
Remember I used to do that when 17. 6th form game sat morning, Open age Saturday afternoon then Sunday league. Havent played 11 a side competitively since 35 - 43 now. Vets leagues are massive up here too.
I had to pull out of 5 aside last night, ahead of playing tonight. Saturday's games were a double header, 2 fixtures against one oppo, each match reduced to an hour. Very competitive against the league leaders and a real battle for me at 46 against some very handy 20 somethings.

Sunday was a Vets game, against poor opposition, so was a bit of a stroll

Used to always get mad results in a double header. 0-0 the first game , 2-6 in the second 😆
I'm secretary of my football club and the admin for the current situation is a nightmare. I had 4 double headers and one single game on Saturday and 1 vets game on Sunday, so had 10 squads to enter into the FA system, along with marks for referees, oppos, facilities etc for all ten fixtures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back