☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats what I heard, the masses started by Easter.

We'll see. I will guess given this country's record on logistics more likely July/August with immunity by the Autumn after the Summer Season is all but over. I've written off next Summer already as far as travel is concerned or even going to a restaurant or mixing with other people before I get vaccinated. Therefore if I can find anyone to give me it privately I will jump at it.

We'll see. I will guess given this country's record on logistics more likely July/August with immunity by the Autumn after the Summer Season is all but over. I've written off next Summer already as far as travel is concerned or even going to a restaurant or mixing with other people before I get vaccinated. Therefore if I can find anyone to give me it privately I will jump at it.
I've got no faith. The first stage in hospitals will be fine as we are set up for it but after that its anybody's guess. Main thing is get the vulnerable safe as soon as possible

I'm booked Ibiza June and July and better be there and I'd better be badly messed up

I've got no faith. The first stage in hospitals will be fine as we are set up for it but after that its anybody's guess. Main thing is get the vulnerable safe as soon as possible

I'm booked Ibiza June and July and better be there and I'd better be badly messed up
It's also reliant on how competent other countries are at getting vaccines rolled out.

The oxford vaccine has way less severe storage requirements which is going to be needed. I think it might take longer to get approved as the 90% efficacy is based on half then full dose, but was a mistake in the initial dosage in the uk. The other countries the trials where in had the correct first dosage.

I’m pretty confident that you’ll be good! Besides, I need to buy you a pinta to aid your recovery, so seems like as sensible a place as any to do it!

Yes, but I agree with you zero faith the under-50s who aren't in front line or with serious conditions will get access by the start of next Summer. Reckon my only hope for that would be to go private. I'm not coming out of self-imposed lockdown and leaving the immediate local vicinity until I'm vaccinated so it's still going to be a very long road ahead for me from here !

Next summer should be good to go. Anyone who wants to be vaccinated will be able to get one.

That'll very much depend on where you live !

Maybe, maybe not. Even the poorer countries have options with the Chinese, Russian and AZ vaccines.

So so we think there will be vaccine snobbery? I’ll be honest, I think there already is. I want the Pfizer one! I think the Oxford/AZ one will ultimately be the one that’s cheaply rolled out. But I want Pfizer!

Yes, but I agree with you zero faith the under-50s who aren't in front line or with serious conditions will get access by the start of next Summer. Reckon my only hope for that would be to go private. I'm not coming out of self-imposed lockdown and leaving the immediate local vicinity until I'm vaccinated so it's still going to be a very long road ahead for me from here !

That'll very much depend on where you live !
Very much of the same opinion as you. There is a lot of talk of under 50s without underlying health issues not getting vaccinated at all. It’s wonderful news that tens of thousand of lives will be saved due to the vaccine. And it is terrific that interventions will be lifted. The reality is that when this happens, infections will go through the roof. I think the risk of this is being massively underplayed. The big fear in all this as you approach 50 is the extent of unknown underlying health issues. A number of friends and colleagues age 30-50 have had Covid and most have been seriously unwell, some hospitalised and one died. I really do hope that the Oxford vaccine is a success and becomes accessible.

Positive news today but the public still need to remember we aren't out of the woods yet. I see on TV some big crowds at the shops today, we then have students returning home, the Xmas free for all, then students going back which could make January/February a peak time for the virus. They can't realistically even jab the care home staff and residents that fast and I'm no expert but doesn't the flu vaccine take about 2 weeks to be effective anyway?

Update from the Netherlands:
Our responsible minister has said measures will last long beyond January even though the first wave of vaccinations are planned from that month. This was apparently the last straw that breaks the camels neck for the hospitality industry. In a statement to the public and the government they have said they will reopen from January 17th, no matter what the restrictions are by then.
I think some public uprising is needed to get out some of the ridiculous measures.

Update from me (no one cares!! ;) ? )
Im doing fine. Didn't feel the need to post here for a while, but was reading along. Feel bad for the UK people with all the crazy rules in Tiers.
Havent changed my mind, I don't believe in the usage of facemasks, nor do I believe lockdowns or tiers will have any effect.
This virus is doing what a virus does, unfortunately for some people. Lockdowns are just temporary stops and facemasks are symbol politics.

The news of vaccines is good news to me. Not that I feel I need one, but if a vaccine gets me to Ibiza next summer...fine.

Our responsible minister has said measures will last long beyond January even though the first wave of vaccinations are planned from that month. This was apparently the last straw that breaks the camels neck for the hospitality industry. In a statement to the public and the government they have said they will reopen from January 17th, no matter what the restrictions are by then.
I think some public uprising is needed to get out some of the ridiculous measures.

Update from me (no one cares!! ;) ? )
Im doing fine. Didn't feel the need to post here for a while, but was reading along. Feel bad for the UK people with all the crazy rules in Tiers.
Havent changed my mind, I don't believe in the usage of facemasks, nor do I believe lockdowns or tiers will have any effect.
This virus is doing what a virus does, unfortunately for some people. Lockdowns are just temporary stops and facemasks are symbol politics.

The news of vaccines is good news to me. Not that I feel I need one, but if a vaccine gets me to Ibiza next summer...fine.
No offence but thank f*** you're not making any decisions or we'd be proper in the shit

Last edited:

why wait until January 17th? Why not open now. Glad you’ve been ok, I thought the internet had broken in Netherlands or you were still desperately trying to find sources to the stuff you make up ?

I was already wondering where you were @ElrowLovers ;) not gonna get into another discussion with you because it's pointless - our views are simply too far apart and I'm done arguing.

have been wanting to post a balearics update all day but my fave stats guy has only just now posted the update so the post comes later than I wanted.

generally, the balearics keep on improving. the 14day incidence (per 100k inhabitants) is below 200 now. mallorca is going up again a little sadly (and it being the biggest island with the most inhabitants means their numbers pull up the overall numbers a bit as you can see below), but here are two really good details:

1. check out ibiza's evolution on the below graph :)
2. right now, formentera is corona-free again. currently no active cases over there.

IMG_8716.jpg

Very much of the same opinion as you. There is a lot of talk of under 50s without underlying health issues not getting vaccinated at all. It’s wonderful news that tens of thousand of lives will be saved due to the vaccine. And it is terrific that interventions will be lifted. The reality is that when this happens, infections will go through the roof. I think the risk of this is being massively underplayed. The big fear in all this as you approach 50 is the extent of unknown underlying health issues. A number of friends and colleagues age 30-50 have had Covid and most have been seriously unwell, some hospitalised and one died. I really do hope that the Oxford vaccine is a success and becomes accessible.

Does it matter if infections go through the roof in the sub-50 age group if they are not going to the hospital? Even if the rare case ends up in the hospital, it’s their own fault for not getting vaccinated. Won’t be too much sympathy left.

Does it matter if infections go through the roof in the sub-50 age group if they are not going to the hospital? Even if the rare case ends up in the hospital, it’s their own fault for not getting vaccinated. Won’t be too much sympathy left.
I think we are living in a parallel universe or you only read a few words of my post as I covered all this. I will try again.

There is a lot of talk of under 50s without underlying health issues not getting vaccinated at all. It’s wonderful news that tens of thousand of lives will be saved due to the vaccine. And it is terrific that interventions will be lifted. The reality is that when this happens, infections will go through the roof. I think the risk of this is being massively underplayed. The big fear in all this as you approach 50 is the extent of unknown underlying health issues. A number of friends and colleagues age 30-50 have had Covid and most have been seriously unwell, some hospitalised and one died.

Last edited:
I think the worry is with massive numbers even if a small percentage have long term problems it's still a lot of people

If its people who haven't been vaccinated not a lot of sympathy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back