☣ Coronavirus ☣

Status
Not open for further replies.
No offence but thank f*** you're not making any decisions or we'd be proper in the shit
Yeah thank f**** you're not proper in the shit now huh?

This is exactly my point, this virus or any virus will cause misery anyway. And with countries such as the Netherlands having economized on health care way too much the last few years, we've had healthcare capacity issues for years. So to me, all these lockdowns, Tiers, measures are just halts in between the misery. In the end we will all have the same covid-numbers, but economical and psychological damage will differ because of a heavy or light government approach.

Anyway, I was done arguing too Stivi, so totally understand. I still respect everyone here and will be back from time to time to see how everyone's doing, but Im a bit bored of being the only voice of a lot of people (yes, even here).

Yeah thank f**** you're not proper in the shit now huh?

This is exactly my point, this virus or any virus will cause misery anyway. And with countries such as the Netherlands having economized on health care way too much the last few years, we've had healthcare capacity issues for years. So to me, all these lockdowns, Tiers, measures are just halts in between the misery. In the end we will all have the same covid-numbers, but economical and psychological damage will differ because of a heavy or light government approach.

Anyway, I was done arguing too Stivi, so totally understand. I still respect everyone here and will be back from time to time to see how everyone's doing, but Im a bit bored of being the only voice of a lot of people (yes, even here).
You haven't got a clue

Or maybe just insightful and informed as a result of being in the profession? Also them having had the virus?
Read into police investigators or prosecutors suffering from tunnel vision and even getting false confessions, miscarriage of justice etc.
Being in a profession gives insight yes, but also creates a one sided image. I read that Hally had the virus, which definitely sucks for him...but having had the virus does not make your judgement good either, because everyone goes through this virus differently. And to be honest, if 90% of the people has the same symptoms like Hally had (as I've read here)....that's definitely not something to destroy the economy for. Not even with the "long term COVID" stories.

Or I just understand a lot more about this than you by working in healthcare for 25 years, studying to Masters level (nearly twice now) in healthcare and living this pandemic first hand compared to you and your Facebook evidence ? One of the two
I'm educated as you, be it in another field of expertise. There is no facebook evidence, cause it's a one sided story. We only hear the really bad stuff. And what I'm seeing is mass tunnel vision...fueled by stories from the battlefield like yours. And I understand them. I get that you see the actual bad side of Covid. I respect and honor your work, always have...dont get me wrong. But if we were to determine our extent of freedom based on healthcare personnel experience (like most governments are making decisions on now) we would need to stop eating sugar, stop driving cars, stop bicycling etc.

Read into police investigators or prosecutors suffering from tunnel vision and even getting false confessions, miscarriage of justice etc.
Being in a profession gives insight yes, but also creates a one sided image. I read that Hally had the virus, which definitely sucks for him...but having had the virus does not make your judgement good either, because everyone goes through this virus differently. And to be honest, if 90% of the people has the same symptoms like Hally had (as I've read here)....that's definitely not something to destroy the economy for. Not even with the "long term COVID" stories.
This is you all over '"long term COVID" stories'. I get you have you're view but writing this as if long term Covid isnt real, its embarrassing. It's like anything that gets in the way of you're 'open everything up' opinion should just be ignored, you're Trumpesque at this point

I'm educated as you, be it in another field of expertise. There is no facebook evidence, cause it's a one sided story. We only hear the really bad stuff. And what I'm seeing is mass tunnel vision...fueled by stories from the battlefield like yours. And I understand them. I get that you see the actual bad side of Covid. I respect and honor your work, always have...dont get me wrong. But if we were to determine our extent of freedom based on healthcare personnel experience (like most governments are making decisions on now) we would need to stop eating sugar, stop driving cars, stop bicycling etc.
Not personal experience though is it? Thats justba moronic thing to say. What ever you've got an MSc I'd imagine you know more than me about, strangely enough. Anyway everyone here knows you're talking shite, knock yourself out

Hopefully meet you sometime in Ibiza, none of our friends or relatives die of this in the mean time, and we'll have a cold beer

This is you all over '"long term COVID" stories'. I get you have you're view but writing this as if long term Covid isnt real, its embarrassing. It's like anything that gets in the way of you're 'open everything up' opinion should just be ignored, you're Trumpesque at this point

Long term recovery from ICU is real.
Long term recovery from a heavy flu is real.
Covid is no different.

But I didn't came here to argue with you, so I'll agree to disagree once again. And yeah please ignore me and everyone that says something else than yourself. Only surround you with people that agree with you and are in the same boat. And please stay convinced that that's not tunnel vision or biased ?

Not personal experience though is it? Thats justba moronic thing to say. What ever you've got an MSc I'd imagine you know more than me about, strangely enough. Anyway everyone here knows you're talking shite, knock yourself out

Hopefully meet you sometime in Ibiza, none of our friends or relatives die of this in the mean time, and we'll have a cold beer
Not everyone here thinks I'm talking shite, you would be surprised. Most people are just tired of getting the pro-lockdown maffia on their necks and stay silent.

BUT...I'll definitely take you up on that offer. For real, I'm happy you are doing well now, like I always said...I dont grant anyone this virus or any virus. So stay healthy and let's drink that beer in Ibiza once.

Does it matter if infections go through the roof in the sub-50 age group if they are not going to the hospital? Even if the rare case ends up in the hospital, it’s their own fault for not getting vaccinated. Won’t be too much sympathy left.

You're missing the point - there is no plan to give under-50s the OPTION to get vaccinated in UK. Understand the issue now ???

Long term recovery from ICU is real.
Long term recovery from a heavy flu is real.
Covid is no different.

But I didn't came here to argue with you, so I'll agree to disagree once again. And yeah please ignore me and everyone that says something else than yourself. Only surround you with people that agree with you and are in the same boat. And please stay convinced that that's not tunnel vision or biased ?
Dont be a twat

Edit - I dont ignore other people, I am perfectly capable of critical analysis thank you. Can't pretend I'm not triggered by you, I've come to expect more from this forum than most of the internet and you seem to have a fixed agenda. Trying to not get to personal about things now

On the other hand sending me a ? is patronising as f***. I teach about ICU recovery, Google the British Geriatrics Society Annual Conference 2019 and you'll see I spoke about it, so telling me 'its real' isnt exactly f***ing news. Thing is I understand the difference in impact between that and this on a national scale. You clearly haven't got a clue and think you know a huge amount more than you do, it would be easy to pick apart you're nonsense but I'm well passed being arsed, hopefully others on here will. Unlike most of you I'll be watching people die for 6 months yet and last I need is wasting energy on this with you

Probably best for all concerned that we leave the beer for a while but I definitely would when things are better

Last edited:
You're missing the point - there is no plan to give under-50s the OPTION to get vaccinated in UK. Understand the issue now ???

Didn’t the UK order enough doses to vaccinate the entire country? I’m sure everyone will eventually have the option.

Eventually
Open ended
I'm in no rush to travel so I'll wait and see how it all pans out.. gonna be supporting local businesses before even think of traveling abroad. Lucky where we live it's just like normal only less people around.and that's not a bad thing...I volunteered to help out in the local tonight as they are opening on Friday..tested the beer lines.. all working good ?
IMG_20201203_004448.jpg

I'm in no rush to travel so I'll wait and see how it all pans out.. gonna be supporting local businesses before even think of traveling abroad. Lucky where we live it's just like normal only less people around.and that's not a bad thing...I volunteered to help out in the local tonight as they are opening on Friday..tested the beer lines.. all working good ?
View attachment 11078
Coors and moretti when I was there.. my two beers are gone ☹️ San Miguel was really good on tap..and punk IPA was the drink if you were home alone.. lol looked like I was the only one drinking San Miguel so couldn't take a chance on restocking in case they have to close again before Xmas..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back