Cocoon20 - Discussion thread

I meant an all night long b2b, not the occasional one hour here and there. They must‘ve hit it off at destino last year :)

You mean Pacha unless they also went B2B at Destino the next day. Either way, they mix well together!

How epic was that B2B, anyone was there to Report here? To listen to Sven B2B Koze ANL is more or less a once in a lifetime opportunity

A few more notes about last night: I only went specifically to see Bicep. We also went to see them at Pikes on Sunday, but a) I knew they'd play a different type of set & b) I can't remember much of anything that happened at Pikes!! As such, no Sven or Koze for me (I'm saving that for this evening).
Arrived at 02:00 in time for the Belfast lads. Club room was very busy - perhaps the biggest I've seen it all summer, not just for Cocoon but in general. Seemingly the booking had worked. In more ways than one.. this was not your typical Cocoon crowd. This was a younger, San Antonio crowd.

Musically, it was exceptional. Some of the best music I've heard all summer. Bicep started with piano house then moved into prog territory, a bit of dalliance with breakbeat and even a garage track before moving into a tougher direction. But it had everything, including some euphoric trance-like breakdowns. I have to say, I enjoyed the first hour of their set more than the second. A selection of music they played:

This one making a late surge on the outside for one of the tracks of the summer - lots of DJs supporting it.

Another classic track they played was Space Traxx's Atomic Playboy. When they finished at 04:00 there was a mass exodus to the smoking area/the terrace (poor André Galluzzi)

Overall, really good. And I didn't step foot in the terrace save for one trip to the toilet soon after I arrived (only midway full at this point).

Also got to say, this is the most fun crowd I've seen this summer.

Update: Clockwork takes pole position.

Bicep's crowd certainly challenging for the messiest of the season so far.

I very nearly came home saying that Cocoon at Who Cares? Cova Santa was my favourite clubbing experience of the summer so far! Sadly, it didn't quite live up to that in the end. But, wow, what a difference putting a crowd in that venue that actually likes to party unlike the WooMooN crowd. I like WooMooN, don't get me wrong, but this evening was something else!

Will post some more observations and some tracks tomorrow.

I very nearly came home saying that Cocoon at Who Cares? Cova Santa was my favourite clubbing experience of the summer so far! Sadly, it didn't quite live up to that in the end. But, wow, what a difference putting a crowd in that venue that actually likes to party unlike the WooMooN crowd. I like WooMooN, don't get me wrong, but this evening was something else!

Will post some more observations and some tracks tomorrow.

What happened at the end? Party went downhill?

I flew home yesterday evening and was pretty knackered after two big consecutive nights out so I wanted to have a good nights rest before giving my feedback on Cocoon the other night - but in short, for me, it was just superb!

Arrived around 00:30 as I really wanted to get the entirety of the Sven and Koze set and we were not disappointed. As expected it was reasonably quiet when we arrived but we grabbed a drink and got settled onto the terrace where we spent the entire evening. We did take occasional breaks outside for some fresh air and passed the main room and by around 2/3 both rooms were nicely busy which was good to see.

As was always going to be the case, Sven and Koze were a truly great pairing for an ANL b2b and the music really was outstanding from start to finish. I would add that I thought Koze was certainly playing the more interesting and leftfield records during the course of the night (it was reasonably easy to tell who was playing what) but there was a great balance/blend between them both and it truly was a journey across the course of the evening with some great peaks and troughs.

From the first hour or so whilst warming up

&ME - Garden
Web Web - Maroc Blues (Michel Cleis Remix)
Audiojack - Inside My Head

We then started to get stuck into some new and old classic peak-time records

Radioslave - Elevate
DJaimin - Give You Drummin' (Atfc's Balearic Bootleg)
Emanuel Satie - Planet Xxx
Rubuke - Jump Ship
KiNK - I Remember (303 Version)
Junior Jack - Thrill Me
Vamp - Outlander
Roman Flugel - Geht's Noch?
Igloo - Better With Bass
Lil Louis - French Kiss
Anthony Rother - Father

EDIT - just remembered these four too:
Bart Skills - West Of The Moon
Floorplan - I Feel Him Moving
Pachanga Boys - Black Naga
Felix Da Housecat - Silver Screen Shower Scene

During the last hour some of these three beauties from the Keinemusik boys

Xinobi - Far Away Place (Rampa Remix)
Guy Gerber - What To Do (&ME Remix)
Rufus Du Sol - Underwater (Adam Port Remix)

This was for me the first time this season seeing Cocoon back at Amnesia. I actually loved Cocoon at Pacha last year and make no secret that I do also love Pacha as a club... BUT, when you see Cocoon back at Amnesia again, you can't help but feel rightful order has been restored and it is back at it's true home where it belongs. As @white_isle_calling mentioned above the crowd was a lot younger than I've ever seen at Cocoon before, but I do think that was mainly down to the Bicep booking. That said the crowd itself was still great, very mixed with everyone properly dancing, the atmosphere too was excellent. The sound on the terrace I also thought was excellent, a clear improvement from my last visit on the season before last.

Music finished just before 07:00 - I did try to make an exact note to the minute for the sake of my old mate @Nobbie Q but admittedly my mind was elsewhere at that hour!

My next Cocoon will now be the closing party and I cannot wait!

Last edited:
Further thoughts on Who Cares?
I arrived just after 20:00 and there was a modest crowd. But very quickly the dance floor filled-up. Koze was in sensational form. I mean, the guy was absolutely nailing it. I've never seen Cova Santa like that before, it was a joy to be involved.
Sunset coincided with some dark storm clouds rolling over, so it went from light to dark very quickly and this just further added to the atmosphere. At the time Koze was playing &Me - Garden.
It was threatening to rain and there was even a little bit of lightening in the distance towards the north west. Eventually it did rain a little bit - very refreshing - the dance floor reacting accordingly. It was a beautiful moment. Happened right at the change of pace in this track:

This one was another great moment:

He ended on Pick Up. When he first started playing it, I initially thought "oh ffs, here we go" but within a few bars and given the reaction of the crowd, I have to admit I changed my mind. It was perfect. He must've looped twice maybe even three times over and still everybody carried on dancing.

What happened at the end? Party went downhill?

Sven came on, reset the tempo and the momentum was lost. A crying shame imho. Such a wasted opportunity. The energy on the dance floor was unbelievable up to that point.

Although I was disappointed, he did at least play some new tracks that I've not heard him play before (after two months of hoping he would!) Here were a few of those ones:

Back