Cocoon20 - Discussion thread

Not strictly Cocoon related but related to it for obvious reasons, has anyone been to Sven Vath and Boris Brejcha do at Ushuaia last Friday? Any good?

Any reviews from Cocoon last night? The terrace, in particular, looking VERY busy indeed which is great to see! Sven sounded like he was banging out peak time classics from this season from all of the clips I've seen.

Any reviews from Cocoon last night? The terrace, in particular, looking VERY busy indeed which is great to see! Sven sounded like he was banging out peak time classics from this season from all of the clips I've seen.
My guessing is the Cocoon goers are either sleep or there was an after someone and are still going strong ? sure there will be a review coming tomorrow!

My guessing is the Cocoon goers are either sleep or there was an after someone and are still going strong ? sure there will be a review coming tomorrow!

Precisely my thoughts, but I thought I would chance my arm! Looking forward to the reviews nonetheless, looked like a cracker of a night!

I've got the Koze date in a few weeks time and if last season's at Pacha was anything to go by that is going to be seriously special!

He played early a few year back when i caught him and feel he held back a bit from what i know he can do, still great though

It was incredible. Sven was great. Popped into the club room for Anna who was great and Tale of us were absolutely class

A late arrival for me last night. Didn't get there until almost half 2. Went to see ANNA first. Aside from streams, I haven't really seen her properly. And even last night was only for about half an hour or so, but I liked what I saw. She played her Hidden Beauties track - which a huge Cocoon record last year, then she played one of her husband's recent ones.

At 3 I migrated across to the terrace. Sven stuck to script, nothing much new from the start of the season, which was a bit disappointing since he evidently played different stuff at Cocoon In the Park last weekend. But then again I did miss the opening 3 hours - I think @stivi might have heard some newer music. This was one I hadn't heard him play before:

Though biggest crowd reaction was this one:

Though he was playing lots of the same stuff, he played with a lot more gusto than a fortnight ago when I felt he was pretty lacklustre in the club room.

Then it was time for TOU. Best I've seen them in a long while and far removed from their sets I'd seen at Odyssey & Afterlife earlier this summer. Neither me nor our trusty friend Shazam managed to ID anything I'm afraid, but the thought of them playing more regularly on that terrace is something I wish they would explore.

Also, it's no secret that Sven likes to leave a little speaker capacity in the locker for when he jumps on. Fair play that he afforded TOU the same privilege last night, being the closing act. I had actually forgotten to wear my earplugs until this point though I had them on me. They went in after a few minutes of TOU starting.

I only dipped into Dubfire, so can't really comment. But he didn't appear to be playing that linear, which was a welcome surprise.

Numbers wise, I'd say it was comparable with Week 3 with Ricardo et al. Busier than last week and the opening, but quieter than Solomun's date. And it's worth repeating, yet again there was little signs of flagging numbers gone 5am.

Spotify playlist updated shortly.

ok a few additions to what WIC already said, just before I head to resistance opening.

loved sven's flow yesterday - started very relaxed (cue a few keinemusik tracks, plus also aril brikha - in the night which I loved) and then got harder and played a pretty banging set for the fact he played the terrace.

as for TOU, I hadn't seen them for a while and what I loved about their set last night it was really energetic. not as deep and dramatic as they sometimes play (and might sound boring to some - me included if it goes on for too long or if I hear them too often, albeit that's not the case anymore nowadays). I'll be completely honest I loved the fact I could go and hear them in amnesia. some of their set reminded me of 90s hard trance stuff tbh - it's really not far away from that, some of the stuff they're playing.

amnesia closed at 7am.

really good cocoon this.

up next...richie hawtin in two weeks time. this one will be a peak season banger and I've got absolutely no doubt this one will be busy.

f*** is wrong with ppl. I'd be seeing Wink over Sven if I was there. I'll see him for sure at Resistance Sept 3rd
Wink Last Saturday here was rocking he played the laughing song and Higher State. Now for kids hear that probably for the first time would be crazy.

Back