Cocoon20 - Discussion thread

Any rumors / infos on the rest of the lineup for the Kraftwerk Special?

nothing I could mention just yet.

I gotta say I was a little worried for monday just past but numbers were absolutely fine in the end. and looking ahead, the next 3 cocoon dates (8th july with adam beyer, 22nd july with tale of us and 5th august with richie hawtin) look already like they will be very strong. I think I've mentioned it already earlier in this thread, but I genuinely think the two week rhythm is good for cocoon.

ToU at Amnesia would be nice to see as a "what if" Afterlife went to Amnesia. I know they've played at the closing before but that was before their popularity went to a new high

Last night wasn't my favourite Cocoon ever, I have to say. Gave Luke Slater a little too much of my time and I couldn't really get into it. I appreciate the technicality, of course. But it never really worked for me. Loads of people left for the terrace during his set and in retrospect I should have joined them.

When Sven came on I got back into the zone for the first few hours. But then by half 4 he lost me a little bit. Felt it went flat for a few too many tracks. I really like peaks and troughs, but this seemed a particularly lengthy trough! Perhaps it was just me? Debated going home, but went to visit the terrace instead.

And Beyer, who I also see a lot and have a love-hate relationship with, was playing pretty good! I liked it. Much more melodic than usual. And the terrace was still decent. Both rooms managed to retain the numbers instead of one slipping off, which is positive compared to what I'm seeing at a lot of other parties. Stayed to half 5 in the end.

Not my favourite, but not a bad night in any respect either. They can't all be the best night of your life!

Anyway, some music! It's been a while

Johannes Volk - Nevergreen & Patrice Baumel - Roar (Adana Twins Remix) still big tracks for Sven. And I'm not bored of them yet!

Some new ones I hadn't heard him play before last night:

Then some from Beyer. Best I've seen him in a while:

When Sven came on I got back into the zone for the first few hours. But then by half 4 he lost me a little bit. Felt it went flat for a few too many tracks. I really like peaks and troughs, but this seemed a particularly lengthy trough! Perhaps it was just me? Debated going home, but went to visit the terrace instead.

Funny you should say this but it seems to be a recurring theme this year with long flat periods in many sets I've heard.

Both rooms managed to retain the numbers instead of one slipping off, which is positive compared to what I'm seeing at a lot of other parties.

Can you explain in detail what you're seeing at other parties and which ones exactly? Thanks for your review...Luke Slater barely comes to Ibiza so you gave him a proper shot

One of the best things about last night was the crowd - lots of locals, very few Brits.

I actually got the discobus both ways. On the journey there it was a very rowdy affair, with lots of hyper-masculinity and bravado, football terrace chants and karaoke renditions of Danny Boy, The Proclaimers, Sweet Caroline and lots of other shit. Just youngsters with high-jinx on their hols - I don't think there was any malice, but equally I could understand other nationalities, especially women, being intimidated. Seems the majority of the bus was destined for Claptone at Pacha (anybody go? I'd be intrigued to read reports!) I was the only person who got off at Amnesia. My buzz was totally killed after that experience, but I felt a little vindicated in the "ahh, these are not my people". Though the fact I was the only one who got off made me worry it might be quiet.

On paper, this was always going to be one of the quieter Cocoon dates. But I was pleasantly surprised when I got inside. The club room was already okay by 01:00 and although the terrace was quite empty at this point, there was a good atmosphere. By 02:00 any concerns I had were completely dispelled. There was still a steady flow entering and both rooms were busy enough but had space if you needed it. There was also a really good ratio of men:women, which I have to say I wasn't expecting for Ricardo. Again, happy to be proved wrong.

Maybe it was the case that a lot of Cocoon regulars last season understood that they had taken the party for granted - and now that it is back in its rightful home and rightful slot, they are making up for lost time? Who knows what happens after this season? I'm quite sure, that had people known that Cocoon was to move to Pacha in 2018 before or during summer 2017, then they would have made the effort to make the most of it.

Also what I'm hearing more and more is that people - proper-clubbers - are getting increasingly frustrated at how Circoloco is being programmed (in regards to set-times, not line-ups). Plus, the fact is that DC10 is not the daytime, free-for-all "anything goes" place that it was years ago, it has lost a bit of its edge. Arguably, it needed to. But I digress.

Don't get me wrong, Circoloco is still the more popular of the two parties - especially amongst holidaymakers. But all these little factors along with the consensus that last summer was an anomaly to be forgotten for Cocoon, have helped turned the tide.

After last night, I have zero concerns for the rest of Cocoon's 20 season.

cocoon fans are getting older but circoloco are not because they keep getting new fans from the younger age.

cocoon doesnt.

cocoon fans are getting older but circoloco are not because they keep getting new fans from the younger age.

cocoon doesnt.

Cocoon has a pretty mixed crowd that varies depending on lineup. You really think there was a bunch of old folk listening to CDW the other week? People just make stuff up, and Thomas Cliche always hates on Cocoon, but he’s a big EDM fan so I think that explains that.

Cocoon has a pretty mixed crowd that varies depending on lineup. You really think there was a bunch of old folk listening to CDW the other week? People just make stuff up, and Thomas Cliche always hates on Cocoon, but he’s a big EDM fan so I think that explains that.
Cause I dont like Cocoon I'm a EDM fan? f*** off!

We had a great night at Cocoon on Monday, but it was definitely the quietest that I’ve seen it, especially in the main room. The terrace was very busy for Beyer and it was a totally different vibe in there. I really enjoyed Roman Flugel’s warm up set, Luke Slater’s live act was really enjoyable - hypnotic and groovy and Sven did what he does best and had me dancing right to the very end. He never disappoints me! He seemed to be having a lot of fun!!

We met Stivi (hi Stivi!) and lovely wife (I recognised the beard) and had a nice chat with them. It was really nice to meet you!

We had a great night at Cocoon on Monday, but it was definitely the quietest that I’ve seen it, especially in the main room. The terrace was very busy for Beyer and it was a totally different vibe in there. I really enjoyed Roman Flugel’s warm up set, Luke Slater’s live act was really enjoyable - hypnotic and groovy and Sven did what he does best and had me dancing right to the very end. He never disappoints me! He seemed to be having a lot of fun!!

We met Stivi (hi Stivi!) and lovely wife (I recognised the beard) and had a nice chat with them. It was really nice to meet you!

The wife also has a beard???? :oops:

Back