Cocoon20 - Discussion thread

Great news but I wonder if Pyramid and Cocoon will eat into each other. They even shared similar lineups last year

Great news but I wonder if Pyramid and Cocoon will eat into each other. They even shared similar lineups last year

Interesting comment. I mean when you look at the opening for Pyramid (Villalobos and Kraviz) both are Cocoon regulars. How similar the programming will be over the season will be interesting. Though I believe Pyramid had a number of 'take-overs' last season..... so that may be the same this year?

Interesting comment. I mean when you look at the opening for Pyramid (Villalobos and Kraviz) both are Cocoon regulars. How similar the programming will be over the season will be interesting. Though I believe Pyramid had a number of 'take-overs' last season..... so that may be the same this year?
They are never the same day, obviously, so I don't see any problem there.

Cocoon was a staple of Amnesia Mondays Pyramid created to replace that void. Both share similar artists too. Even though they alternate weeks, it's important for them to have their own identity. The club decal is a start, but all anyone really cares about are lineups and they need to district from one another ( although if similar and still good it could still work)

Hmm does anyone know then why are they back at amnesia? They didn't pull enough crowd in Pacha? Also why every second Monday and not proper residency?

Does anyone know if Amnesia updated their sound system? I am torn between going to resistance closing with carl cox, adam, sasha and digweed or Cocoon closing. Would prefer going cocoon but the sound system there is a let down while priv sound is incredible. But then the atmosphere for cocoon closing in amnesia will be much better. Hmmm decicions decicions

Hmm does anyone know then why are they back at amnesia? They didn't pull enough crowd in Pacha? Also why every second Monday and not proper residency?

because the crowd & age structure in ibiza is changing and cocoon is not becoming as popular as before.

It's every other Monday because they're hedging their bets. Let's be real- outside of a handful of dates Cocoon wasn't that busy at Pacha. I think they're hoping for a "if we build it, they will come" kinda strategy, but they're not that confident cuz of Cocoons declining popilarity the last two years.

Really hope we get some of those stellar lineups from 2017 again still.

is this a hint to the amnesia fridays? cocoon on fridays every so often

the only thing I can say at this point is that with what‘s announced so far (10x amnesia & 1x ushuaïa), cocoon‘s ibiza plans for this year are still not out in full yet, there‘s more to come still.

It seems like the Matures group kinda shoehorned Matthais Tanzmann in to rep them. Fortunately, the guy's sick.

Back