Cocoon - We need some magic!!

do they still have the medusas hanging from the teracce´s ceiling ?

was there anything in both rooms looking like some special cocoon-deco
(and worth mentioning) or did they finally completely gave in regarding deco ?

hm. let me think. didn't see anything really in the main room. the terrace had some futuristic stuff though. i'll check back during the next weeks.

not really deco, no. main room has some video walls very high up. and on the terrace there are some, like flags hanging from the ceiling and video projected on it. looks good but rather minimal actually. it's all about the music then :)
did not like villalobos either at the opening and i could have sworn something was wrong with the needle of one of the decks. but maybe that was the ring in my ears after väth's techno-thrashing at the opening :))

The new Cocoon Ibiza Summer Compilation is out now, mixed by Cassy and Joris Voorn!!
51kWY9I6hlL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

No new deco. Not much at all just the usual platform/stage in the middle of the terrace for people to dance on and dancers dressed in space like clobber.

Villalobos' set wasn't all that.. I agree Stivi. However I have heard REALLY good things about Loco Dice at last weeks party.

Villalobos' set wasn't all that.. I agree Stivi. However I have heard REALLY good things about Loco Dice at last weeks party.

Saw Loco Dice on the last bank holiday we had in the UK in my hometown, and he smashed it!

After his set he mingled with the crowd, and even had some shots at the bar 8) Very nice guy!

Shame about Villalobos though. He was one guy I've been looking forward to seeing, but only heard meh reports recently :(

I got back today after 10 days Im very sad :lol:
Decided after going to Dc10 and finding it the dullest experience ever id go to see hawtin at cocoon and was completely blown away! Pure pumping techno at its best. Apart from his laptop crashing three times. I went sober and did no drugs which is a first for me but reckon its the best set I've ever heard on ibiza. Came out high as a kite at 6am and went to sleep to the brain reincarnating the beats in.my brain. Loved it 8)

ahhh, another year, another season with people saying ricardo is crap and dice is amazing.

i heard pretty much the entirety of both sets, reckon i had just as much at both, but i'd choose villalobos any day over dice, especially when you're talking about extended sets (3hrs+).

ricardo's first hour of punchy 90s jackin sneak/DLC house (all vinyl of course) was great.

hm. let me think. didn't see anything really in the main room.
the terrace had some futuristic stuff though ...

not really deco, no

No new deco. Not much at all ...

:rolleyes:

lame.
most parties give a F about deco these days -
probably because they think
"why fúcking deco - these sheeps coming anyway" :x

then cocoon should bring back the medusas,
even if it would be the third year in a row.
the "tentacles" always looked nice when moving in the wind/ice cannon 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pcBzf-t9w8

there is one reason why promoters might do less decoration in amnesia terrace - the light/laser shows and the ice cannon would never have the same effect with "disturbing" deco-elements put in the way if that makes sense.

Everyone needs to take a lesson from Row14. Now that's a fun party with creative production. I wonder how their new spot in Privilege is...think it kicked off last night?

Somehow i didn't get to do Cocoon last year but plan to do it 2 or 3 times this year. I think the night needs a fresh injection of new talent or something else to change to keep it relevant.

Split up some of the Cocoon clique up and bring in some people like Surgeon , Dave Clarke, Speedy J ,Sandwell District , Luke Slater etc.

Anyway it's going to do good business based on name and reputation so it probably will keep doing what it's doing.

Dave have you read this thread or the seasons line ups? That exactly what sven has done he's brought techno back. Dave Clark and speedy J would be great names to bring to the brand I agree but I think sven has done well this season.

Gotta agree now I have had a good look. Props to them for making then change , they could go further but the line ups are pretty sick.

Back