Cocoon @ PACHA discussion

How was cocoon last night, Luciano on top form? btw there is a live feed on facebook Sven boiler room
what a masterclass this set! nothing obvious, just pure dreamjourney. and this last track! anybody know what it was?

(oh what an absolute douche this boiler room guy with the mic is!)

How was cocoon last night, Luciano on top form? btw there is a live feed on facebook Sven boiler room

First Cocoon @ Pacha this Wednesday.

Not sure what else can be said, the re-furb is absolutely brilliant. Just taken everything you used to hate about Pacha and flipped it.

And..... It’s just ALL about that sound system! It fills every single part. Is there a better sound system right now on the island?

Anyway....... Cocoon..... Was probably one of the better Pacha crowds I’ve experienced. Maybe it’s a mid-week thing, there were just hardly any spectators. On Friday and Sunday you can still get the odd person that just happened to pop into Pacha.... not tonight. If anyone has concerns about Cocoon at Pacha.... get over it. The term ‘perfectly busy’ gets overused... but it was. The dancefloor was full with space to move. Also, a lot of the VIP areas on the balcony are open to the public, you will find a table it you want to chill and have a drink for a time-out! It took a while to fill up (post football lull I assume).

The Music. It was probably best Luciano set I’ve heard since 2010 before his move to Pacha. He’s so focused and into at the moment, was really great to see him back. The endless loops are gone. I’m really hoping a lot more people who gave up on him (me included) give him another chance. You kind of realise now just how bad he was playing 2016/7. He’s obviously been through a lot of personal stuff and it’s all back to the music.

Sven Vath - what more can be said? I thought this was a pretty hard Sven set. I’d compare to a more Main Room set if you want a comparison. Banging out the techno and then really slowing it down for some really slow parts. Actually quite dark at times. Really worked with the crowd he had.

After seeing Roman Flügel at Hï last night (more on that later) I think next week at Cocoon will be an absolute highlight (shame I’m not around).

Went into Room 2 for a little bit. Wasn’t that busy, but that room is brilliant. Much better than the old ‘corridor’ that was the funky room. Dorian Paic playing well, shame more people were not in there.

First Cocoon @ Pacha this Wednesday.

Not sure what else can be said, the re-furb is absolutely brilliant. Just taken everything you used to hate about Pacha and flipped it.

And..... It’s just ALL about that sound system! It fills every single part. Is there a better sound system right now on the island?

Anyway....... Cocoon..... Was probably one of the better Pacha crowds I’ve experienced. Maybe it’s a mid-week thing, there were just hardly any spectators. On Friday and Sunday you can still get the odd person that just happened to pop into Pacha.... not tonight. If anyone has concerns about Cocoon at Pacha.... get over it. The term ‘perfectly busy’ gets overused... but it was. The dancefloor was full with space to move. Also, a lot of the VIP areas on the balcony are open to the public, you will find a table it you want to chill and have a drink for a time-out! It took a while to fill up (post football lull I assume).

The Music. It was probably best Luciano set I’ve heard since 2010 before his move to Pacha. He’s so focused and into at the moment, was really great to see him back. The endless loops are gone. I’m really hoping a lot more people who gave up on him (me included) give him another chance. You kind of realise now just how bad he was playing 2016/7. He’s obviously been through a lot of personal stuff and it’s all back to the music.

Sven Vath - what more can be said? I thought this was a pretty hard Sven set. I’d compare to a more Main Room set if you want a comparison. Banging out the techno and then really slowing it down for some really slow parts. Actually quite dark at times. Really worked with the crowd he had.

After seeing Roman Flügel at Hï last night (more on that later) I think next week at Cocoon will be an absolute highlight (shame I’m not around).

Went into Room 2 for a little bit. Wasn’t that busy, but that room is brilliant. Much better than the old ‘corridor’ that was the funky room. Dorian Paic playing well, shame more people were not in there.

Great review..pity ill miss Luciano next Friday due to clockwork but will catch him in Sep... his set @ the Kappa FuturFestival has been on constants loops this week at my work lol

all jokes re @mr_why pacha PR aside, it's a simple fact the general consensus is the refurb is really well done. I have been to pacha a good few times this season now and the only thing I think they could have done better is putting a floor that's not that white. if it was grey it'd be much better already.

cocoon this weds wasn't the busiest one, but after having coxy rocking the house the night before I never expected this week's cocoon to be packed.

I think next week could also still be a bit roomy and then I guess it's gonna get proper busy for a good few weeks.

all jokes re @mr_why pacha PR aside, it's a simple fact the general consensus is the refurb is really well done. I have been to pacha a good few times this season now and the only thing I think they could have done better is putting a floor that's not that white. if it was grey it'd be much better already

Agree. The white tiles dance floor has to be ripped up this winter and replaced. It just doesn’t work.

I was at Pacha last week for Villalobos and Craig Richards and honestly up there with one of the best nights I’ve ever had not just in Ibiza but clubbing in general.

Pacha for me is on par with DC for my favourite club on the island Ricardo and Craig Richards blew me away Musically and the crowd was great all the way through to 7.

One thing I do agree with though is though white tiles on the dance floor! Big no from me.

I was at Pacha last week for Villalobos and Craig Richards and honestly up there with one of the best nights I’ve ever had not just in Ibiza but clubbing in general.

Pacha for me is on par with DC for my favourite club on the island Ricardo and Craig Richards blew me away Musically and the crowd was great all the way through to 7.

This. Pure Class. Cocoon at Pacha gets a massive thumbs up from me.

The more people who talk about it, the more annoyed I gave Ricardo's date a swerve. I wonder if the same Ricardo will turn up next time...

I am considering Fabric for their date later in the year on the back of it. Simply fantastic!

On an aside I've never seen a man down as many drinks as quickly as Ricardo did just before his set...

This was Ricardo/Richards last tune at Cocoon the other week just before 7am. Ricardo passed the record to Richards who pulled a face and laughed. Was an amusing moment. They were both pretty sozzled.

Back