Cocoon @ PACHA discussion

richie is penetrating the main room sound system with banging techno - full on techno onslaught and better, less plinky-plonky as he often plays. not in the mood for such hard stuff right now, but if I were having a big night out tonight I might enjoy it

How did Sven follow that? With a full-on 'Main Room' type techno set?

Ok. I really only stayed for a couple of hours last night and very sober. Arrived at 1am and the number of people was as comparable to Gerd in week two at this time. Still early, but I have to admit I was concerned that maybe the Paradise effect was going to be an issue.
Shouldn't have worried though as slowly the dance floor filled and by 2am there was decent numbers.
Richie was advertised for half one but didn't jump on until 2am in the end. He can really be hit or miss for me, and as I was sober I assumed tonight he would fall into the latter category. Well I couldn't have been more wrong. This might have been the best I've ever seen him play. He really went for it without disappearing too far up his own backside.
Sadly I had to leave at 03:30 to nurse my poorly girlfriend.
We have friends visiting and we told them they should stay...
They are big Richie fans and - I think I've mentioned elsewhere on these forums in the past - I've always had a fight on my hands with my group of friends everything I want to see Sven because nobody really got him.
Anyway, at half 7 this morning I get a phone call asking for them to be let in. They'd stayed until the bitter end and they said Sven was phenomenal. Converts! So, I'm gutted I missed the majority of the night, but made-up that I've recruited to the cause!
Numbers wise the dancefloor was packed still - great atmosphere. Towards the back and peripherals there was more space. Great from a customer's perspective but taking into consideration Richie's pull factor, there could yet be some tough weeks with Paradise drawing a crowd. Fortunately it's Mladen next week, so that will be a roadblock and also a messy one. (I've told the missus she is to be recovered in plenty of time ;) )

Ok. I really only stayed for a couple of hours last night and very sober. Arrived at 1am and the number of people was as comparable to Gerd in week two at this time. Still early, but I have to admit I was concerned that maybe the Paradise effect was going to be an issue.
Shouldn't have worried though as slowly the dance floor filled and by 2am there was decent numbers.
Richie was advertised for half one but didn't jump on until 2am in the end. He can really be hit or miss for me, and as I was sober I assumed tonight he would fall into the latter category. Well I couldn't have been more wrong. This might have been the best I've ever seen him play. He really went for it without disappearing too far up his own backside.
Sadly I had to leave at 03:30 to nurse my poorly girlfriend.
We have friends visiting and we told them they should stay...
They are big Richie fans and - I think I've mentioned elsewhere on these forums in the past - I've always had a fight on my hands with my group of friends everything I want to see Sven because nobody really got him.
Anyway, at half 7 this morning I get a phone call asking for them to be let in. They'd stayed until the bitter end and they said Sven was phenomenal. Converts! So, I'm gutted I missed the majority of the night, but made-up that I've recruited to the cause!
Numbers wise the dancefloor was packed still - great atmosphere. Towards the back and peripherals there was more space. Great from a customer's perspective but taking into consideration Richie's pull factor, there could yet be some tough weeks with Paradise drawing a crowd. Fortunately it's Mladen next week, so that will be a roadblock and also a messy one. (I've told the missus she is to be recovered in plenty of time ;) )
Sounds good!! First time in the new Pacha next week for me and I’m very excited. Cracking line up as well with Solly and Sven then Dana in the second room :D any news who will warm up and who will close?

How did Sven follow that? With a full-on 'Main Room' type techno set?

pretty much yes. he got a little softer for a while and I thought it would turn into a long melodic outro, but he went back to banging after two or three tracks. did not stay until the very end but it was still very techy when I left.

Okay, kill me now.
Never thought I’d ask this
- do you think there will be afters on Thursday seeing as who guest is?

Back