Cocoon Opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigmc

Hey guys,

Did anyone go to Cocoon opening last night? What was it like, is the decor any good this year?

me.
music: cassy was great on the terrace and the absolute surprise for many people. didn't get a lot of sven i must say and ricardo villalobos disappointed me, especially towards the end.
decor: nothing special really, but cool and sexy dancers
it was not too busy. or lets say it like this: it was busy till about 5am and then it started to die out quite quickly - which is something normally never happens at cocoon.

i'll write more about it in my review at the end of the week.

hey stivi!how's life mate??? :p
i must ask...Did Ricardo dissapoint you on technical or tracklist issues???
i hate to say this and it's still early in the season but i believe last year was the peak time for Cocoon in Ibiza...i hope i'm wrong though...:rolleyes:

hi master - life's good.

he disappointed me in terms of tracks he played. cassy played an absolutely brilliant set, then they played back to back and at the end it was only ricardo playing and the later it got, the worse got the music IMO. while cassy played stuff with such great grooves and it was all in a nice flow, ricardo really failed to keep it up.

i really think it's too early to judge about how a party will perform this year.
BUT it will be a tough season in ibiza, of that i'm sure.

apart of that, the island is as beautiful as ever. and it's really hot right now here!

stella mac was there for spotlight, she's just got off a afterhour boat party this afternoon with ricardo!!

i went for a bit, stivi, i forgot my new phone has none of my numbers in, so when i went to text you i was a bit stuck!!

hi master - life's good.

he disappointed me in terms of tracks he played. cassy played an absolutely brilliant set, then they played back to back and at the end it was only ricardo playing and the later it got, the worse got the music IMO. while cassy played stuff with such great grooves and it was all in a nice flow, ricardo really failed to keep it up.

i really think it's too early to judge about how a party will perform this year.
BUT it will be a tough season in ibiza, of that i'm sure.

apart of that, the island is as beautiful as ever. and it's really hot right now here!
i totally understand you...it happens when you are a dj but it happened for him on the worst possible time but it surprises me that you say that people started leaving at 5am...
was it that bad???however i remember that in previous cocoon openings it used to be not that busy too...
anyway i strongly believe he'll make up for it later in the season!
i'll be over for first time late August this year...can't wait!!!8)
take care mi amigo!

didn't stay long but cool atmosphere going off, especially for cassy who to me played panoramabar house.

yes she really rocked the house (errr, terrace)
did you already talk to stella then? what was her verdict?

edit: true, it was housey all night (except for ricardo's strange stuff in the morning), but NO MINIMAL AT ALL.

yes she really rocked the house (errr, terrace)
did you already talk to stella then? what was her verdict?

edit: true, it was housey all night (except for ricardo's strange stuff in the morning), but NO MINIMAL AT ALL.

she just said about the house music too (cecille, nick curly, markus fix, etc, etc) that was playing in both rooms.

i was happy for cassy after what happened to her the last time she came to ibiza. quality set

... decor:
nothing special really ...
lame ... i wonder how long they get away with that ...
i hated it already last year when they stopped decorating
probably because they thought people show up anyway
2h6shz9.gif

no detailed reviews so far??? it`s thursday! you all must be still on the afterhour dancing with devil sven :twisted:
as far as im concerned cocoon is purely overrated, the cocoon parties here in frankfurt only attract kids and ed hardys with scarfs anymore and ricardo is just boring to death.
the fact that they dont decorate anymore just tells their attitude. its just about making money with no effort to do something unexpected.
today`s hot stuff is MANNHEIM-style.
although i`m hoping sven is back for the amnesia closing this year, since he was just phenomenal that night :eek:...otherwise you just better dance your a..... of @ gala night and go sleep monday night until Circoloco arises.
btw how where the prices that night?
GOOD CROWD=GOOD SVEN
BAD CROWD=BAD SVEN

no detailed reviews so far??? it`s thursday! you all must be still on the afterhour dancing with devil sven :twisted:
as far as im concerned cocoon is purely overrated, the cocoon parties here in frankfurt only attract kids and ed hardys with scarfs anymore and ricardo is just boring to death.
the fact that they dont decorate anymore just tells their attitude. its just about making money with no effort to do something unexpected.
today`s hot stuff is MANNHEIM-style.
although i`m hoping sven is back for the amnesia closing this year, since he was just phenomenal that night :eek:...otherwise you just better dance your a..... of @ gala night and go sleep monday night until Circoloco arises.
btw how where the prices that night?
GOOD CROWD=GOOD SVEN
BAD CROWD=BAD SVEN
One of my friend who is resident (like me) had to pay 20 € but that is because we are from the island!
Cocoon is just amazing, the music on the teracce is the best for me! Cant wait for 20th of July for Loco Dice and Luciano!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back